1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM Monthly Doll September the Second Land: Sphaler - Millennium Mireu

Sep 21, 2009

1. Very cool! I like the mix of claws and antlers :D

2. Ahaha if he turns out to be a kirin, the waiting room drink (to go with the waiting room snack) could be kirin beer! - do you get that anywhere else in the world or is Asahi the only Japanese beer that gets exported?

I'm actually a little disappointed that Soom are doing something probably along the dragon/kirin lines (which makes me so happy!), yet they've gone and ruined it by making it male. Sigh.
      I just don't do male dolls and am not really sure what the possibility is for getting the parts in a split and putting them on a female doll. ESPECIALLY if he's a weird resin colour as some people are speculating.
      Or maybe this is a good thing as a promised myself no more big dolls! xD

3. I'm sure I've seen Kirin beer here, and I know we've got Sapporo, there's probably more because I haven't exactly been looking!

I'm wondering whether he's going to be closer to the 60cm range than the 70cm one, because of the youngish looking face?

4. Hmm.. not sure if I'm liking the hands at this point. I know Soom are probably trying to give this boy a 'dragon-like' feel to him and thus the clawed hands, but there's something about them that don't work for me. They almost look a bit... bruised, like the poor guy slammed his fingers in the door and now his fingers a bit swollen looking. I - personally - would have like the clawed hands a lot more if they did similar hands to what Chrom had. Those looked good, without looking swollen x__X

Oh... but I am confused like many others as this boy seems to have Amber and Euclase parts and doesn't look much like Heliot or Onyx :sweat If they end up giving this boy hooves too (like Bygg, Beyla and Heliot had), he's not going to look very dragon-like is he? He may end up looking like a chi'rin/kirin instead with the dragon-themed head and hooves.

Hmm.... I won't be getting this boy, I know that for certain, but I might be interested in his outfit at the very least and maybe his head... I need to see a frontal shot of his face before I can decide on whether I want (parts of) him or not ^^

5. midnitestar7>> I think I've heard of kirin beer in japan and in singapore. 8D ASAHI IS SO YUMMY~ (OOPS OT)

Actually my thinking of kirins are mostly to the male side. Hahaha.

6. He looks like Amber's chinese cousin/brother/relative.

T_T He's pretty and all but I was excited for something more "WOWZOMGMUSTBUYPLZ" like when I saw Euclase and Chrom. Kind of plain, but not plain enough to be boring? He has that ethereal calm Asian deity look.

OTL I want those hands...

7. I get less confused when I think this is a two-horned Kirin with hooves, it goes better with the light and shadow aspect, the unicorn children and Heliot. This would be that something 'extra' I was thinking the God needed to be different from Heliot.

8. Kirin or Chinese dragon as suggested by jyhhaur329 what if he'll going to comes with two peaces legs shaped as Amber?
      Even if i'm still hoping for hawks like euclase....

9. PS: Browsed through the MD story again. Since he's like the "head" of the Light element, I think he fits there with Ony and Heliot. (Him being all white silver shimmery and all. IMHO, he does sort of have that Heliot god-like vibe.)

10. Well hes NOT what I was wainting but I wont pass judgment till I see the rest of him..

11. Uhmm really really interesting, even the resin of cuprit body of my twinny shines all over, so maybe Soom use a new resins so far from Heliot?

12. A DRAGON, PLEASE, A DRAGON!!
      I'm soooo hoping he has Dragon Claws!! But even if not, I absolutely love him and will surely get him... T^T9
      I think he's one of the most beautiful MDs until now!! O.O<3

13. really this is the first time I don't know what thinking about an MD ^^

think that is a good point for SOOM but with the mess of the blush on my poor Beryl hooves I am sure that I will never ever take the bodyblushing from them

14. I think he looks so serene.
      But yes, my vote is for a dragon of some sort, I thought so as soon as the picture loaded. Though a hooved kirin (Yes! We do have that beer over here and I love it! ^_~) would work too. I really appreciate the mythical aspects that Soom has been exploring...hehe, I mean traditional, not just Soom myth. ^__^

15. I LOOOOOVE what we can see of his clothes so far... *___*

And wow, oh my god, some of the comments on his page so far? Jeez people, you don't have to like the doll [he's not quite to my tastes either personally] but there's no reason to be a total jackass and leave such stupid, mean-spirited comments----Soom worked hard on this boy, and even if you don't want to buy him yourself, you should at least respect that!! I SWEAR, people have no COURTESY these days!!! D8< [/manner rant]

*Ehem* Anyway, I am eager to see more. ^^;

16. I'm in love with Sphaler, I hope I can get him when he comes out :whee:

17. You're never going to please everyone. I know some people were hoping for a grey version of Heliot but others thought that would be too repetitive. You have to give Soom kudos for doing something unexpective and creative.

Normally I don't go in for young looking guy faces but I'm liking what I see so far of Sphaler.

18. The look of those clothes so far...wow, makes me want just the outfit more than anything :3

19. I LOVE the outfit and his face looks so calm and pretty, but those hands are creepy >_> and I'm not too sure about the ears....
      I can't wait to see more so I can decide If I love him or not ^^