1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly (Zodiac) Doll Speculation thread '08 Part 2

Oct 30, 2008

1. There is also Eros and his Love Arrows. ;) I'm just pulling up as many archer mythology references I can, since that's the concept I'm pulling for! :D

I only say Eros because the first thing people think of when the Roman equivalent Cupid is mentioned is a blonde child in a diaper and a widdle pair of white wings.... No thanks........

2. Wasnt Cupid really a hot blond man in a loincloth?

3. Yes. Yes he was. ;) With wings, depending where you look. It would be cool to see if Soom could somehow come up with resin wings. :D:D Or perhaps resin feathers on the arms sort of like Vega had.

4. Eros was younger then most of the gods (Thanks to being the son of Aphrodite), but there is a common misconception in regards to Eros. While Aphrodite was the Godess of coupling between a man and woman and basic love, Eros was in charge of the coupling between two men and erotic love... =D

Haha, I pay attention in my Greek class~!

But I agree, wings of some sort would be awesome =)

5. Yeah, I should probably have mentioned that maybe. But I don't really think that would come to much into play. After all, they already did an Incubus and Succubus. ;)

6. "In mythology Sagittarius is often associated with either a Satyr or a Centaur (in the case of the latter, often the centaur Chiron, who taught and tutored various heroes in Greek myth)."

"The astrological symbol for Sagittarius has a dual meaning. The first and most common is that of a bow and arrow. The second and less well-known is that of an arrow lifting up a cross-shaped burden, representing the struggle the Sagittarius faces"

*coughcough*

I dunno, I'm more excited about teh fact Capricorn will be likely to be a mermaid.... I sincerely hope it's a twin tailed mermaid where you can swap the calves for fishy tail legs and stuff... It'll be totally impractical like Topaz' feet, but FISHY LEGS!

7. hehe i'm all for fishy legs, or eros for puting lovely males togethers >.> lord know i have a full house ahem

8. Lolololol, another connection to Eros and saggitarius:

However, the role of a child in Greek art might imply a further meaning for baby satyrs: Eros, the son of Aphrodite, is consistently represented as a child or baby, and Bacchus, the divine sponsor of satyrs, is seen in numerous works as a baby, often in the company of the satyrs.

Mwahahahaha, hawt gay cupid satyr man? :3

9. I'm still hoping for a female Sagittarius. A female archer / amazoness in the like of a female IO. We have a lot of 'beautiful' female dolls, and I'd like one that's more wild and firey. Even a male in this more 'warrior' vein I would like.

I'd actually be rather disappointed if my sign was represented as another angel/cupid/lovey-dovey sign.

10. I'd like a bow and arrow set! I am curious to see what they come up with for saggitarius. Female Mecha angel would be nice!

11. The Phoenix is actually associated with Scorpio even though Scorp is a water sign, because Scorpio is the sign associated with death and rebirth.

12. Not lovey-dovey... Erotic ~_^

But I agree, I would like to see something with a little more kick behind it. Although I would prefer a male to a female. I actually don't know much behind the zodiac signs.. maybe I should look into it more! *laughs*

13. An Eros-type just doesn't strike me as a Sagittarius too much at all, though. Sagittarius aren't erotic, we're passionate. ;) Why waste too much time on it when we can just take what we want?

I don't know, even with as many gay characters as I have, I wouldn't be all that happy with a MD that was marketed in such a way. XD

Male or female, I want a warrior with a firey, passionate personality. Toss some erotic in there, maybe, but no fluffy wings or anything (We had our erotic Succubus and Incubus already >>; )

14. I would love any doll refering to Greek or Roman mythology. :) I would love an eros! (I nearly died when I saw Euclase! Yay egyptian!) Bring me erotic theme all the way.

15. do you think once the year is over that Soom is going to continue in this vein of zodiac dolls? For example like moving on to the Chinese zodiac (a dragon doll would be interesting) or are they going to switch back to what they were doing before they landed on this veritable creative goldmine?

And does anyone think they will release the sculpts again (In fullsets or another LE?)

I would really like to hear people's opinions!

16. I think they might go to the chinese rather than going back over the same things. Oh wow- dragons, tigers, snakes, rabbits heheh! fantastic!

17. If they do do a phoenix I am such in deep trouble!!!!

18. Scorpio would make an interesting water-phoenix kind of character. Deadly but graceful~.

19. i love how my sign was represented by a warrior ^_^
      YAY MERCENARY!!!! XD
      i only wish i could have gotten her. v.v

i hope they re-release the sculpts
      of course my wallet would be doomed
      but what the hell XD

20. ... no one has mentioned, unless i missed it, that Scorpio is the only sign of the Zodiac to have THREE animals. ... the Scorpion, the Eagle, and the PHOENIX.

The Scorpion is Scorpio's base nature, they are nasty and they sting. But Scorpios can rise above their base nature, hence, the Eagle ... and become noble.

When a Scorpio attains its full potential in a lifetime, the animal is the PHOENIX. ... it has risen above its base nature and transcended nobility to become a creature of LEGENDary attainment ... reaching mystic heights of wisdom no other sign can even imagine.

Hermes produced a scarf one year with all three animals on it. ... i should have bought it.

so. has anyone considered a girl dressed in colorful red bird plummage?? :).