1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom NYCC Release - Smokey the Onocentaur

Oct 14, 2011

1. I hate being broke. TT^TT I LOVE his face, those LIPS, and the grey body.... Ah well, hopefully I can find on the the MP someday....

2. Dammit, so cute!! >_< Why are you doing this to me, SOOM????????

3. One of the donkey's wild relatives is called an "Onager." Maybe that's where the name comes from.

4. The name comes from latin, apparently. I'm sure someone who studied it at school would know more, but I am a bit young for that. It does seem, however, to be the correct latin name for a donkey/human - onocentaurus - so Soom have done their research.

5. Donkey is adorable but luckily I'm not as soomed with this one ^^. I'm actually still needing to work on my Lily (Aloa) anyways, but I do like that outfit though :D

6. Erm, I sort of have the idea that he was supposed to be grey skin but Soom photos doesn't look like grey skin?

7. I'm horribly in love with his face sculpt...

8. Only the donkey parts appear to be gray - he's two-tone, like Pyrol (NS w/ tan horse parts). Maybe it's the way he's blushed, but it doesn't look like the same shade of gray that they've used for their previous gray dolls. My Bygg is a very blue-toned gray. Smokey looks like a warmer, more brownish gray.

9. I so possesed with this little one, but i don't need this centaurus body, want to see Smokey as a human:)

10. everybody is saying 'he', but i really hope smokey is a she, or has an she option or something..
      I only collect female dolls, and i really think smokey does look like a cute donkey girl...

well i just have to wait and see, i guess

11. lamira, the baby centaurs are all gender neutral. So you can pick if yours is a he or a she. :)

12. I was at the Con yesterday and they had the cutie as a boy and as a girl. So you should be good. Sorry no pics, but I'm sure somebody will post them.
      Nancy

13. oh, ok that's good news for me, but bad news for my paypal account,lol
      thanks for the answers on the gender..
      do they come with an human body as well or do they only have 4 legs? (i probably have her only as donkey, she would look nice with my other fantsy themed yo-sd and my normal littlefees would probably trie to use her to ride pony or something, lol

14. I'm pretty excited for smokey to be released,
      However, I'm trying to decide if I want to keep the SOOM faceup or to have a customised faceup (*^*)

15. Pictures are up!

16. Ahhhhhhhh! Smokey is the cutest centaur so far! Why do you do this to me, SOOM?! I think I'm destined to have a whole herd of teenietaurs....

Me: :D
      My Wallet: :...(

I think I want his outfit AND wig...

My Wallet: :doh

17. I love him! But not his body :...( Was hoping for a human body.

18. I want a human body for him too...not loving the donkey body :-[

19. I have to get the outfit :D It's so cute <3
      I'm glad I'm not totally in love with him, because I wouldn't be able to afford him anyways ^^
      His story is really cute though :3

20. Haha, had to join in to say when I saw the ears I was expecting Sphinx paws. Now if he had THAT I would have bought him in a heart beat. I'm not sure if Soom should know about that idea or not :sweat. I wasn't too fond of the face though, but that's just personal opinion.

I am guessing that the centaurs are REALLY getting good money for Soom to continue to make different ones. 4th tiny in less then a year (considering Minette and Pyrol as separate because they are different color and face sculpt)?