1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Petit Gem Discussion - Part 1

Dec 28, 2016

1. @Pomeli-chan
      The headcap has two little holes where the magnets sit. You have to glue the magnets down into the hole, but they sit flush with the resin. Then the horns themselves have the same set up on the bottom of them. So when they snap together, the whole spot looks flush. You could put a wig on them if you wanted. :kitty2

2. That makes more sense than what I was imagining. Meipy might end up being my first doll so I was confused about the antenna’s installation. Thank you for the help! I’ll be so happy if I can order the cute little bear bee before deadline! The Petite Gem line stole my heart. <3

3. Edit: Oops, for some reason I didn't see that Pomeli-chan's question was already answered. :lol:

4. I actually have more questions. Do we know the measurements for Petite Gems and what size eyes go best with them? I tried looking through the thread but I missed it. I think it was one of the first questions asked. I plan on making clothes and look into how to make eyes as well.

5. There's a measurement chart on the original Ondiin's page which should mostly apply to Meipy as well! I think the standard eye size is 12mm but would be curious if people have used other sizes. I'm also looking forward to trying to make some teeny clothes!

6. When I ordered my Fosy I ordered some Soom silicone eyes in 12mm. They are really cute for a large "doe eye" look. But I think that probably 8-10mm would actually look better.
      I'm thinking Soom might just recommend that size because they don't make anything smaller. ;)

7. @Angelesk They're pulling a Victoria's Secret on us! :lol:

I was thinking of testing out my pukipuki's 8mm eyes in my Meipy when she arrives just to see if it's possible to go that small! I ordered the brown eyes with her (and was debating getting the blue too) because they look gorgeous in the stock pictures, but as she's a 'big sister' kind of character I might end up getting smaller eyes as well for more maturity.

8. 12mm, like Mako Eyes, don't fit Rudy well at all. They do fit Ondiin because her eyes are a bit bigger. I stick with size 10mm and 9mm because it fits both of them and looks pretty nice. I also did try 8mm and they work well too. Those pictures are in my gallery if anyone wants to look. :)

One eyes is 10mm and the other is 9mm
      [​IMG]10mm and 9mm eyes in Soom Petit Gem Ondiin by Dior, on Flickr

9. Awesome picture @WaterGleam
      Thank you for the size reference. I love the look of the 9mm. Who makes those eyes?

10. Oh! Thank you for sharing! :DD

11. How long does it take from the time the order says 'preparing' to the time the doll is shipped? :D

12. @BreMingo , so does that mean you ordered?! Congrats!!

Let's see, I ordered Ondiin the 31st of May and she/he still hasn't shipped. I think it took a week maybe for it to be before shipping. :XD:

13. Wait! Ohmygoodness!!! @WaterGleam , YOU'RE StarSisters on Etsy! I have literally been stalking your Etsy for MONTHS wanting to buy some of your gorgeous doll eyes and Petit Gem clothes!! :aheartbea

14. @Angelesk lol! Aww thanks! Yes I made the eyes.:blush I just don’t post much because I’m horribly shy. But I want to be helpful when I can.

Petit Gem has become one of my favorites and I’ve been keeping a look out on Soom’s new releases. Meipy is adorable! Now I’m wondering if they will make something with little feather wings.

15. @WaterGleam You should so NOT be shy! Your stuff is amazing! :D

There were several of your luminous bubble eyes that I was debating over getting, but I'm too slow to make up my mind. :XD:

I do follow your Etsy though, so once I can sneak off and order something from you I will. :3nodding:

16. Yeah I had an Ondiin on layaway :D Just finished paying

17. I’m more of a visual learner so I’m very greatful for the picture. I’m leaning more towards the 10mm myself but the 9mm dosen’t feel odd either so I agree with you. By the way, your little one is adorable. The eyea on the right look like a chip of labradorite - my favoret stone of all time.

Also, what is this I hear about you making eyes?

18. Thank you! I’ll go copy those measurements. I’ve never sown clothes before so I have to have them. Hopefully Meipy isn’t that far off from Odiin. I’ll wish us both luck with making teeny tiny clothing!

19. They have the same body, just different magnetic parts, so you should be good to go :) My Rudy is wearing 12mm SoulinaBox box eyes by the way, and they just fit becuase I slightly made her eye sockets bigger (wth a dremel, haha). I still thing they're a bit too big for her, but they fit her overall theme the best, so they stay for now.

20. I hope Soom will create more Petit Gem with sleeping face.

[​IMG]

I can't wait to get my Meipy :D

#320 vanori, Jun 17, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
Tags: