1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Petit Gem Discussion - Part 1

Dec 28, 2016

1. Just got an email from Soom that my Ondiin is about to be shipped! Yay!

2. I hope mine is next! ;)

3. My Ondiin arrived today! I wish I had time to take pictures, but it was nearly midnight when I got home. :sigh

4. I finally got some pictures of her! However, it's night again. So...they're not gorgeous pictures by any means. But I'm still excited!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Getting her magnets in was really rough. I should have waited until I got home to put them in. They pretty much just gave me large magnets, so some of them stick way out. :sigh

5. Your Ondiin is lovely! Makes me wish I got one of them. Sorry to hear the magnets were difficult-I have way too much trouble putting any magnets in myself, so I feel your pain. Congrats on your beautiful girl.

6. Question about dressing/making clothes for Petit Gems- What's the head situation like? I heard they have faceplates, but is it easy to take the whole head off? Do you have to dress them from the bottom up/using snaps etc.?

7. Thank you! @City Kitty I swear that I got more glue on me, the table and around the magnets then I did in the actual holes. :sigh

@Statuess
      They do have face plates! I haven't taken any of my dolls heads off, but the little s hook sits pretty face forward. Looking at it, they don't look difficult to remove. If I get home at a decent time tonight I'll take a picture for you. ;)

8. The head is a faceplate. But removing the head is fairly easy since the doll is so small. You don't have to struggle with the S-hook as much. Just turn it and it will slide through. You still need a ribbon of some kind to get it back on though. Its just less tension.

Depending on the clothes you could just dress them top to bottom.

All my Ondiin's outfits have Velcro on the back. No head removal needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are old photos but you can see how far the faceplate goes back. and where the S-hook goes.

#328 TechnicolorFox, Jun 21, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    9. My Mií can't wait to see her grey friend :D

[​IMG]

10. Omg gorgeous! Im so excited for mine to be shipped! I got the same color, with blushing and faceup too :D

11. Sorry to double post, but does anyone know how to contact Soom customer support? I cant find anything on the website at ALL for some reason???

12. The customer support is really weird it's not like a direct email to them

At the bottom of the page in the tiny text (make sure you allow flash to run and load it) click "Email" and then fill the info out, it's then dropped on like a forum board and then an employee will pick it up and you'll get a return email with the response

13. Ohh okay, maybe the link is getting blocked because Im trying to access the website at work, and they often block flash, some ads, etc. Ill try loading it at home instead :D Thanks a bunch~

14. Both Rudy and Ondiin are so incredibly cute. :love I can't wait till I can apply for marketplace access so I can look for one of them.

Meipy is cute too, for some reason I keep thinking that with those antennae it would make a nice giraffe? Just add brown spots and dark blushing on the mouth and nose

15. I've been trying to figure out what Meipy's antenna looked like and that's it! Giraffe horns! I'm not a big fan of the antenna personally I think for a more be look it should've been longer and thinner

And same here in the marketplace i'm dying to get my hands on a fosy!

16. They somewhat remind me of chess pawns as well. In fact I'll admit that was a fairly large factor in me ordering the outfit with the little crown as well! :lol: I also wish they were more delicate-looking but I thought maybe I can make alternatives somehow if I really don't like them!

17. I don't think it'll be too hard at all, I actually talked about this with someone before and the only big obstical would be making them thin but finding a way to incorporate the magnets which are why it's originally so thick

But maybe non metallic alternatives like attached to headbands or hidden in wigs could be good ideas to try

18. Or you could install the magnets in the head and make the antannae out of metal? That way you don’t need magnets in de antennae since the material wil stick to the magnets by itself.

19. My Meipy is shipping! :dance But the tracking code doesn't work (yet, hopefully) :sweat

Tags: