1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Petit Gem Discussion - Part 1

Dec 28, 2016

1. Finally! I got myself locked away from all our helpful cats, and got my Minel's magnets all glued in, and the loose glitter flakes glued back on. Since I was using some Elmer's glow-in-the-dark glue, I added some more here and there.
      I just love GitD stuff.
      Now, if I could just remember what name I was going to give him...I

[​IMG]Soom Petit Gem Minel by aernath, on Flickr

2. So cute! I love GitD too, and that outfit is great. Names can be hard, hope your little guy tells you his soon.

3. Oh my gosh, he’s absolutely perfect. Made of glitter & glow addict’s dreams, LOL ✨! I can’t stress how cute he is.

4. [​IMG]
      Here’s my little angel, named Stickers! I based her around 90’s kid aesthetics (which are pretty nostalgic for me as well cus I’m an ‘01 baby) and I love her so much despite being difficult to pose. She ended up getting way more pastel clothes than I expected, but I’m definitely not complaining about it.

#424 StrawberriBuni, Jun 10, 2019
      Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    5. I'm getting a Rudy and Fosy that a friend helped me find on Taobao's fishy? App.. they have the certificates in the back of the pictures and I'm super excited that my first dolls are legitimate (as I know many who started with other means) I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me with my dolls in terms of upkeep, faceup, or issues they had??

6. ^ Recasters DO copy CoAs (especially from Soom) too. If you can see the certificate number on the pictures I'd definitely recoomend to look them up on Sooms page, just to be on the safe side :)

7. Yeah I’m definitely watching for them! I can’t wait to see what other pet dolls they make!!

8. The numbers were covered but the agent sending them asked and confirmed them to legitimate. I'll check again once they arrive but they are coming from S. Korea so they got a long way to go!

9. On this topic, what scale size are the Petits considered and what scale props do you use?

10. I use 1/12 scale stuff with them and it fits fine. Some sylvanian families stuff will work, the scale of sylvanian families stuff varies, generally the furniture is too small, but food and other handheld items is okay.

I took some photos for you real quick, first two photos in the set are my Rudy with the Sylvanian Families country kitchen, you can see that the items themselves are a good size but the chairs are a bit short. The last photo is a Streets Ahead 1/12 scale dollhouse sofa and it fits them much better.

11. Thank you! I've seen varying information. I know under 15 cm is usually considered 1/12 but the Petits are seemingly considered 1/8, which is an uncommon size for BJDs it seems.

Are there any clothes you suggest? Your Rudy is absolutely precious in her babydoll style dress

12. Here's my rudy, clover! :3nodding: I'm hoping to get her face-upped in the nearish future.
      [​IMG]

13. Shes so cute! I cant wait to get mine! This almost makes me jealous!!

14. She really looks cute even blank! Congrats!

15. aw, thank you! :D I hope your rudy arrives soon, what color resin did you order?
      thank you so much! :3nodding:

16. Thanks! Her dress came from a seller called Hiblythe on etsy, but they've since closed shop and disappeared :c Pukipuki/lati white dresses fit, though the petit gem body is much taller than a pukipuki so it's better to aim for the longer dresses. Obitsu11 dresses and tops fit, they're a bit baggy on top but I don't think it's very noticeable with the clothes on. I haven't tried pants or shorts in any size yet, but I doubt any would fit because petit gem has much wider hips than pukipuki and obitsu11.

There are a lot of clothes for Obitsu11 on taobao so I recommend checking it out. You can find a lot of the same stuff on ebay and aliexpress, but it's priced up considerably. There are also some options for pukipuki on etsy, but I often had trouble finding pukipuki sized things, hiblythe was one of the best shops for pukipuki stuff, RIP hiblythe ;3;

17. I’m so bummed I missed out on the Rudy, I will have to keep an eye out on the marketplace for one! I am really liking their size and proportions more than I had expected. How solid do they stand on those feet?

18. The petit gems come with a small circular metal plate that they stand very well on. I don't think they can stand without it thought, as they are quite top heavy lol (big heads).

19. Rudy is a really popular sculpt, knowing how Soom operate, I wouldn't be surprised if they release her again. The last two times she was released around xmas, so maybe this year or next year we'll see another Rudy? Who knows?

20. Thank you so much! You've been an amazing help!

Tags: