1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Petit Gem Discussion - Part 1

Dec 28, 2016

1. Oh really??? I love that!
      I mainly picked it because my boyfriend keeps calling Pa-an Muffy from animal crossing but Muffy is not a very good name so I picked her Italian name which is Morena!
      Thanks for letting me know, I feel even better about it now <3

2. I received my Pa-an in the mail today!! ...but I have to say I’m less happy now after an embarrassingly long struggle with glueing in the magnets... let me just give you guys some tips if it prevents anybody else from making the same mistakes:

* it looks at first like there are two sizes of magnets, but if you look closely there are three! Larger, smaller, and medium. The medium sized magnets go in the feet and the butt. If you put them in the ears or head they will be a bit too big and have a floating appearance!
      *be careful when putting the magnets in the head for the horns! The magnet that’s already in the head for the face plate to snap on might flip the magnets that you try to glue in and make a mess...

Also, it seems like the holes for the magnet inside the head are too small for the bigger magnets but too big for the smaller magnets...? I ended up putting two small magnets inside the head and it works, but the horn goes on fairly insecure and will flop around because the magnets are two different sizes and not exact. It’s hard to explain but I hope you all can learn from my many mistakes. ^^;;;;;

3. @Snow I'm really happy to help make your Pa-an's name even nicer. :)

@Rammie I struggled with this, too, but since I'm new to Petit Gems I thought maybe it was something everyone just "knew". I'm glad you mentioned it.

4. @Rammie Thanks for the warning! I will let my husband have a very careful look at that when glueing them.

Our Pa-an's are still on their way, but at least they are moving :D

5. A little late to post here, but I ordered a Powder Blue Ondiin during the summer event and am so hyped! The resin color definitely looks a bit more gray than blue to me, but I think I'll be happy either way.

Does anyone know if 10mm high dome eyes will fit in the open eyed head?

#645 NekoNyanMew, Sep 13, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    6. Unless you mod you the head, no. I've had Rudy and Leepy, and both took 10mm eyes - I've modded Rudys eyewells so she could take 12mm too, but I really wouldn't recommend anything with a high dome.

7. Thanks for the tips on Pa-an’s magnets. I’m pleased to say mine is finally in the post. I’m excited. ♥️

8. Our Pa-an's arrived today! Only took 3 days! :D

And I got her 12mm eyes as the site suggested but they don't fit u_u Only 12mm eyes I have that do fit have a high dome actually.
      She now has some 10mm GalaxyNook eyes that were actually for someone else... so the search may continue.

9. Aaaa, my Pa-an finally arrived and she's so cute and tiny! Unfortunately she's got a huge gap between her faceplate and head, and her face doesn't sit quite right on it, but I contacted support so hopefully can figure out how to fix it! I'm so in love with her, she's so tiny and cute! This makes me even more determined to get a full collection!

10. Yay! So glad they are here! Just a few more day(s) for me ^_^ and my Pa-an (Sprout) will probably end up wearing 8mm eyes XD

Sprout is here! So cute

#650 sbslink, Sep 14, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    11. Oh they have a little Fox with huge cute ears! I might try to get him if all goes well from working too much!

12. I used my black apoxie to fix Black Phillip's feet so he has goat hooves now, he looked silly with paws.

13. Good idea! I might have to give that a go, too. Those little feet look like they would make better hooves than paws anyway.

14. [​IMG]

Sprout says Hi! ;)

15. [​IMG]

Just a quick snap of my Peony White Pa-an, Georgette! She needs a wig and I'm considering adding lilac spots to her at a later date as well :aheartbea

16. Ohhh lilac spots would be so pretty on bright white!

I'm still trying to decide how I wanna do Black Phillips faceup. Other than black and demon-y I dunno yet.

17. @Statuess That sounds adorable.. Show uis when it is done please ^_^

I have to admit that now I have Pa-an.. I am really hoping they will do another Autumn/Winter release for Rudy.. would be such a cute companion and I love the sculpt <3

18. Thank you @Leader of the Rats!

@sbslink It'll probably be a while, but will do! I'm torn on whether I'm daring enough to add spots on her face as well (possibly around one eye)... And I agree, Rudy would make a cute companion! :D

19. No Rudy announced but... a Chessy?! I can't wait to see what kind of animal it will be!!
      I don't have a Petit Gem, but the more time passes the more I get in love with them so I might just give in!

Tags: