1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Petit Gem Discussion - Part 1

Dec 28, 2016

1. Just ordered a Julie! I've been waiting for her rerelease.

2. I haven’t seen a poodle BJD before and my fursona is a poodle so I had to get Julie! Super excited, she will be my first Soom doll!

3. These are the ones I picked. Played a bit around in photoshop yesterday and made a file to mix and match the parts :)
      [​IMG]

You can find the file over here:
      petitgem-mixnmatch.psd

4. Thank you very much @meanae, this is so very helpful :D
      I won't be able to get as many as you, but just one is already wonderful :3nodding:
      I can't wait to see what you are going to do with these cuties!!

It's too bad that Julie face come with poodle hair on top, I would have prefered the option of horns, even if it means modding the head for magnet.

5. Darn it @meanae ! I only wanted one, but after seeing your plans I did a couple sketches of my own, and now I want two!

6. The more the merrier :D

7. I want a Rudy so bad, but I don't want a white one. I have a white Minel and she almost never comes out of her box because I'm afraid of staining or yellowing her. Hopefully they wil re-release Rudy in brown or grey one day.

8. You could just dye her? Dyeing a Petitgem is super easy and removable if you don't like it.

9. The truth of yellowing is this: She's going to yellow whether or not you take her out and enjoy her. My spare parts on my TGs that have lived in boxes are the same color as the dolls that have lived on my shelves. Just enjoy her! :)

As for me, I've been lurking here for a bit because I'm sorely tempted to get an Ondiin... I've looked at that sculpt each time it's come out and come this close each time to placing the order. This time I might actually finally cave.

10. Wow thank you! I want a jackelope like the last one in your pic now haha. But bee bear is so cute...

You guys have some great ideas! I look forward to seeing arrival pics :D

11. I kinda want a jackalope with Meipy head but I am worried about the ear placement. Does anyone have multiple Petit Gem dolls? I am curious if all the ear magnets are in the same spot for different dolls. I suspect they probably are, but would be nice to know for sure :/

12. Does anyone have both Rudy and Ondiin? Their horns/antlers look the same in the site pictures, but I can't tell for sure.

13. part of me REALLY wants to grab a meipy with ondiin parts but gosh i really shouldnt be buying any dolls right now...
      maybe someday they will do this again... or maybe i'll end up with enough petit gems to do it myself haha

14. Strungwithcare on insta did some mix and matching on the parts she have :) Login • Instagram

@AutumnWyvern they're exactly the same. I had a Rudy and still have an Ondiin and don't really know why they're listing them separately.
      You can see here that they're the same:
      F e l i n é & M i Í

15. I'm assuming the difference is that Ondiin horns are clear resin and Rudy's are solid?

16. I'm afraid not. It says at the bottom in fine print "The horn, and wing parts are provided in the same color(Peony White) as the doll" which honestly is kind of a shame. I guess they just included both so no one was confused? But they could have listed them as "Ondiin/Rudy horns."

17. I have a conversation open with Soom in the Q&A so I've just asked them about the difference between Rudy and Ondiin's horns.
      My original question was if I could order an additional pair of horns for my second hand Ondiin at home (she's hornless) and of course they said no :( I also asked for a better image or description of Meipy's tail because, let's be honest, the promo picture is rubbish. Is it a bear tail? A mini bee abdomen? A beehive? The three make sense. They just answered by posting the same promo picture, the one already on the website, and no word description.
      I must admit they are soooo not very helpful. I'm a bit mad, really. I hope the answer on Rudy/Ondiin horns will be better. I will let you know.

18. It's a bee stinger! Because Meipy is a Honeybee Bear hybrid! You can see it a little better here, thanks to tumblr user mikiyochii. There's an old sales photo from mercari here that shows the tail by itself, too.

Soom really SHOULD have retaken photos of all the optional parts for this sale. Very lazy, if you ask me.

19. @AiDakeGa Thank you!! I'm sure I wasn't the only one wondering!
      The wings are cuter than I thought :D

20. A jackalope is so tempting but I think I wanna get a Leepy with Julie's tail and make a poodle-bunny.

I'm probably gonna get both heads though so maybe I can make a jackalope with a different body, since I have extra antlers from other dolls.

Tags: