1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Petit Gem Discussion - Part 1

Dec 28, 2016

1. I’ve been tempted to add an Ondiin with Meipy horns, Rudy’s tail and no wings to my Julie order. I asked Soom and they gave me detailed instructions to do this. Just, I really don’t need another doll, but a custom Ondiin.... Guess if I’m unsure, I should just go with Julie, which is a dream come true and be happy. So thankful Soom has done this release.

2. So, Soom answered me and they confirmed that Ondiin and Rudy's horns are identical. And they also said "please select the same horn as the doll when ordering them" so I suppose if we want an Ondiin head with Ondiin horns, it's better to select Ondiin's horns than Rudy's. Maybe the magnet system plays a role...?

3. No it doesn't as the you'll have to glue in the magnets yourself. And as they're the same, the magnet holes are also the same, so it really doesn't make any sense why they didn't out it like 'Rudy/Ondiin horns' :sweat

4. maybe it’s because Ondiins horns are transparent while Rudy’s are opaque? That’s the only reason I can think of.

5. Already been disproven on the last page; the fine print for the event says that all parts, including horns and wings, are Peony White.

6. Matching the horns to the head also makes no sense since they are the same!

Having to glue the magnets in will be convenient for the rabbit I'm planning since I want to dye her blue. It'll be the first time I've ever dyed a doll. Now I just need to decide on the exact combination for the other one...

7. Okay, I did it, I ordered an Ondiin! I'm going to make a tiny little cat dragon. :D

8. I pulled the trigger and ordered Meipy! I had been so bummed about missing Meipy the first time around since there were no re-releases and secondhand was impossible it seemed...
      I picked the Leepy tail though, so it can be a floofy bumblebee behind.

9. I ordered two on Sunday! Ondiin with Meipy's head and no wings, and Leepy with the dreaming Ondiin head and Meipy's horns. They'll be my first anthros other than a Puki Pukisha. Does anyone know if glass eyes in 10mm or 12mm are a better fit for Meipy?

10. I decided to add a Meipy to my order too and make it a layaway since dyeing it will be easy, I really wanted a yellow one. Ordered with Leepy's tail since it works better for the bear bee I want.

11. Personally I use 10mm for my Chessys and Ondiin and it works like a charm! The 12mm I have fit too but I don't like the look it gives them. I suppose it also depends on the kind and brand of eyes.

I throught caution out of the window and bought a Meipy with Leepy's ears and tail, and Rudy's horns to do a jackalope. I wanted one since forever! And bought an Ondiin with Meipy's ears (tiny but so cute!), Rudy's tail and Meipy's wings. I can't wait!! And this is so exciting to see what everyone has ordered! Soom should do Free Choice event once per year and per size, but I suppose it's constraining with the casting.
      Meipy seems to be particularly popular!

12. I discovered Silent Night Rudy just after the order period and have been coveting them ever since. But didn't order a white one in the recent "event". I've got to find a tan or grey one. Would LOVE to see pix of any and all Grey Rudys with your own faceups/body blushing!!! THX!

13. @Peggytoes hey! I have a Rudy from the Silent Night release in Gray c: I got mine second hand and was so thrilled to get her since she is a little grail for me <3 I have a pic of her here with company faceup and body blushing by me <3

[​IMG]

14. this is a really late response but I was talking about Meipy not Rudy...?

15. I was referring to the person above you and just copied the wrong username :,D

16. I put in an order for a Meipy head with Ondiin ears and tbh idr what tail, I think leepy.
      Looking forward to making a cute little animal creature out of it. :D

I wish Pa'an had been available.
      It was also tough to choose between Rudy and Meipy.

17. I think because Pa'an was already sold in white, maybe next petit free choice will have him in a different color like brown or something, he would look good brown I think.

I would probably get him again in any color really, my Thor needs goats!

18. Hi all, I'm having a problem with my Rudy. I haven't been able to use her antlers for a couple of years now. One day the magnets for the head popped out and I haven't been able to get them back in. They don't fit anymore. There is some superglue residue in the hole, however I'm not sure how to get it out without likely damaging her current face-up. Would getting smaller magnets work? Or do I need to clean out the holes? I just want to be able to use her antlers again. :(

19. If the smaller magnets are also rare earth magnets, so the same strength, I think it should probably work!
      It could be a relatively easy fix if you roll up a bit of sandpaper and try to get the superglue out, but I don't blame you for worrying about the faceup!
      Rudy's horns aren't super big or heavy so I think smaller magnets on one side will work!

20. Freeze the head and using something tiny carefully chip the residue out. Freezing will make the glue brittle but not damage the faceup. However it might also get the other head magnets to come out so be prepared for that.

Tags: