1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Beryl - Love Me Or Die version

Jun 10, 2010

1. I am so angry at SOOM... Just never want to buy any doll from them... I will maybe sell all of my soom doll too..
      just so disappointed...

2. Uh really? People would be angry that Soom is just trying to make their customers happy, by giving others that missed it a second chance? Okay <_______>

Anyway she is beautiful! To me she seems like she's just NS and not RS because Soom's NS is pretty dark.

3. Unless it's the lighting, that's darker skin than both my Chrom and Skoll who are NS.

This certainly wouldn't cause me to sell all my Soom dolls. That's nothing more than cutting my nose off to spite my face. Selling off your dolls isn't going to make Soom not release her, nor is it going to affect them in any other way.

4. Go for it! More resin for the rest of us. :)

I think she's stunning. I actually don't care much for the original Beryl sculpt. But this...she really is pretty in NS.

5. She's perfectly gorgeous! I'm glad I'm don't have the funds at the moment or she'd be a serious temptation. What *I* am upset about are the posts on the Soom site from people who apparently have no sense of how to behave properly. -- Pretty amazing stuff.

6. Second this. My respect for the fandom is decreasing.

By the way, do you think she's going to be a test run? Soom's way of saying "if we did something like this for all the MDs, would you guys be interested"?

7. Those posts are ridiculous. No one even knows what the details are yet and people are just going off. I understand disappointment, but express it without name calling or blame or profanity.

Ostrich, I am hoping that she gets such a good reaction that they'll do it for some others. I would particularly interested in a human Amber.

8. FWIW Soom gets posts like that all the time on their MDs. Why isn't it a boy/girl, why isn't it this or that skin tone, why isn't it this or that animal, etc. I'm sure Soom is used to them by now. After all, talk is cheap. If this new Beryl is some kind of test their decision will be based on how many are bought. Not the complaints of some random flamers on their boards.

I'm personally looking forward to a human Amber, Chrom and Euclase. I don't own any of them, but I think they'd look awesome as humans. :)

9. It is funny how everyone is jumping the gun too. There is no info about whether or not she will be a basic or limited time release or anything but people are already flipping out.

No one ever got angry about Sard/Dia. Sard is still popular as ever! Even though there is a readily available basic with the same face just minus pointy ears. When Soom released NS special edition Sard did Sard owners complained and curses and say blasphemy? No, people were happy to be offered another chance to own a Sard.

So why all the hostility now?!

edit: NS Onyx. <3
      Onyx is one of my very favourite girl sculpts, she is beautiful as boy or girl. Ohh.. Onyx.

10. Human amber would break my heart! :D

I'm trying to figure out if she does looks darker than say the photo of NS Dia or if it's just because of the dark wig and face up....? Looking at Kanoa, who also has a dark wig, the resin tone looks the same I think....(I've got two tabs open and switching, very quickly between the them).^^

I think it's fun to speculate, like shaking your present under the Christmas tree and wondering what it is, but no need to jump to final conclusion and get upset before all the info is out eh! ;)

11. I really hope it isn't real skin (some of us want boys lol) and I wished they had done a boy version. Beryl makes an awesome boy. And I really hope it isn't another "we have only 8 for you to trample each other over in a bloody crashed site battle and get! =D" thing. Cause ugh. :| I do not like when companies do that, such a huge turn-off. No one should have to fight over a doll.

Owning a Beryl at first I felt some mixed feelings about Soom doing this, but it passed quickly. I love my Vincent and don't have him because of his value or because he's limited, but because I love the doll. Though I can probably understand how some paid a lot of money for the older version say to just get the head or something, but it is a totally different version and skin tone. There will always be an endearing quality with the first Beryl I don't think can be replaced even with the rerelease.

12. Well, a Beryl in normal skin would be perfect. But only if she came with her original fantasy parts. ;)

13. To me it looks like she's NS. I think it's just the light in the shot and her wig that's making her look darker. I cut out pieces of the face of both Beryl and the rose queen edition of Dia because the light looked similar in both shots, and I'm assuming rose queen Dia was NS ( if I'm wrong then please correct me ) and the resin colour perfectly matches.
      Yeah I got a bit obsessed with finding out xD patience, what do I need that for?

14. Rivon - That's not obsession, just really good research! ;)

15. I think that her skin looks darker than NS, personally. I also have the feeling that this new Beryl will end up being a limited, if only because she has that "love me or die" added to her name. Soom seems to have a tendency to add titles like that to their limiteds.

And I would DIE if Soom released a human Euclase. I love his human head, and it's wonderful in gray skin, but if they released a WS Euclase I could just dye him a pretty colour. ^_^ I am totally for this re-marketing of MD's and I don't understand the people who are upset about it! But hey, to each their own.

EDIT:

That would really bug me. I hope she's not super-limited or a lottery. I also kinda hope she's not LE ___. I'd prefer her to have an order period myself. I guess if she were LE 100+ it might not be TERRIBLE. Then again, Soom IS popular...

16. Just try to stay focused on topic,com'on..don't be so nasty to soom...why hate soom only cause company tries different roads?
      It's silly.

17. Maybe this Beryl sale it's a sort of event, for a week or so you can buy a basic NS human Beryl, that's all, and simply i understand that soemone could be angry, but still flaming on soom it's silly....

18. Personally I feel there's no need to hate Soom for this.
      The people that got the original Beryl got something special, with special parts and in a completely different skintone.
      Maybe they'll be less angry if this one was limited, but I hope not.
      I would love it if they did Cuprit aswell, allthough I'm not sure she has the same appeal in normal skin and without the ears.

19. I adore Beryl in this skintone and with this face-up.. she is really fabulous and I'll likely end up buying her if I get the chance XD;

Personally I wouldn't be very happy if Soom re-released Onyxes (whom I paid a lot for) but it's really their decision and I don't blame them for wanting to make money~ their older sculpts really have more charm to them xD;

20. I wonder if it's a different skin tone or really just another one of Soom's over photoshopped pics?

Either way I really like her. She evokes a different mood to the WS Beryl. We already have one Beryl in the house so we don't need another, but I'm looking forward to seeing what people do with her.