1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Beryl - Love Me Or Die version

Jun 10, 2010

1. It's a long time since I've got so excited about any one particular doll, but having owned the original early upon discovering bjd's and then selling her as I got overwhelmed with all the dolls out there, I have regretted it since....even if I still had her now, I wouldn't bat an eyelid at seeing her face released again.

I would love to be a fly on the walls of SOOM's studio's...seeing as she's listed also as 'The Gem' and not Super Gem, wondering if she'll be the more regular SD size. Wonder what that means for the rest of the 'Gems' as I thought they were being phased out?

2. *swoon* I looove her in normal skin. Even though I'm perfectly happy with my old Beryl, I think I want the new one too!:drool

I really hope they do some of the others too. I'd love a Euclase in NS! :D

3. I really do hope that Soom is taking the Iplehouse route on this for those of us who weren't in the hobby or missed out on getting the MDs the first time around. She is absolutely gorgeous in this color!

On a slightly unrelated note does anybody know exactly how long the rest of the Super Gem line is going to be around? I've heard anywhere from August to the end of this year before they are completely phased out... :?

4. I hadn't seen that!
      Maybe she's smaller O.o

5. I have an old Beryl and I always hoped I would get a chance to buy a second human Beryl for a more normal price than the ridiculous prices on the secondary market. Well, seems Soom gives me that chance. I love her. She look so familiair but also so different due to her new skintone. If she is not to expensive, she is a ´must have´ for me.:aheartbea:aheartbea

6. I'm really excited about this news! I don't see anything negative about them re-releasing their limited sculpts, I see this as nice opportunity that they are doing for the fans.

If Soom does decide to re-release the others I would love a NS Topaz!

7. The listing has no meaning at all ;). Click on any random Super Gem (this one for example: Lupin) and you'll notice that they are listed as "the Gem" as well.
      The Gem is just the name of the homepage for the Gem dolls, just like home>Idealian is the name for the idealian part of the Soom website.

That being said, I'm pretty sure that she will be Super Gem size.

8. Wow are those people four? How immature. I understand someone's anger after seeing a company promise that they'll never release something ever again and then they do so and all, but common. That's no way to express dissapointment. Considering they're making it sound like she too will be available for only a limited amount of time, then she's still limited! Now you'll just have an option between two kinds of Beryls.
      This is a fantasitc opportunity for people who either missed out on her or weren't even in the hobby when she was release (like me) to obtain her. They're probably making people's dreams come true! I think it's very excited and a good thing.

I mean if Volks went and re-released Cecile the Scarface or something, then yeah, I'd be pissed. And I don't even own him. If they re-released something more people had though, then good for them. I don't think these companies think about money when they do these things. I think they honestly and truly care about thier customers.

They probably purposely made her a different skin tone to try and not make people angry. If you have the WS one with the fantasy parts then you have MD Beryl. They promised to never re-release MD Beryl. This is not MD Beryl. She has NS and no fantasy parts. End of story.

-__- People...I swear.

I would be very excited if they continued to do this. Doing it in order would be nice too; that way we could save up for the ones we desire most!

9. oh xD
      I would have liked them smaller tho. I think super Gem is just too big for me xD But if they come out with a Cuprit, and I love it, I might make an exception ;D

10. lol i agree!
      This Beryl is gorgeous and I hope Soom releases the other monthly molds in this fashion, I've always wanted an Amber and Onyx!

11. I think she is probably still super gem. Gems only have a waist joint in the torso and her hands and elbows don't look gem's either.

That being said, I like this even if I won't be getting a Beryl. I have a sard and I won't be at all offended if they release him as human, well, elf eared human anyway since he's a modded Dia head XD.

12. Doh! :doh Thanks for pointing that out - waiting for more info is going to be excruciating and I guess the mind can't help trying to fill in the blanks! ;)

13. Ah! Soom! I love you!
      The doll I missed out on and wished I could get was Beryl, and this is my chance now just like a lot of others. I'm not angry at Soom at all, I think it's great they're doing this. I highly doubt it'll be basic, it'll probably be a lottery ("chance purchase") like the NS Sards were but only human Beryl with no fantasy parts. So this is absolutely nothing like the MD Beryl. I don't understand the people getting their panties in a bunch over this. It's just a head sculpt.

I suck at lotteries though so maybe it'll be a small run? I can't wait to find out.

14. A NS Onyx would actually be perfect. I like this skintone better than CW and Grey.

15. Volks has actually released Cecile three times - once in NS (without the scar,) and then a NS Cecile the Scarface and then Sunlight Cecile the Scarface. In all honesty if they released him again but in Ebony or WS I wouldn't be offended - and I own a Sunlight Cecile the Scarface! Of course the last one to be released was the Sunlight Scarface version and that was at the Kobe Cruise in 2006.

I think that everyone is making a big to do about nothing. The fact that Soom is releasing her in NS is of no surprise to me - they have already recycled parts (or used lazy sculpting) on many of the previous MD. It only makes sense to me that Soom would be releasing Beryl now in another skintone and without the fantasy parts.

I think that Beryl is gorgeous and if I had the means, I would be ordering this release. Unfortunately I do not have the funds, so I will be forced to enjoy her through DOA or perhaps later on pick one up on the secondary market.

16. Well i hope not!
      I mean this would seriously make me upset!
      While Sard is re-edition of the full set of MD,fantasy parts and outfit included, this is not the case of Beryl..i strongly hope that would be only a limited period sale,maybe a sort of special event and that beryl will be only the first in a series.

17. i really dunno whitch could be the next step, a NS human Vesuvia?A NS human Heliot?Or NS humanEuclase, or Bix?
      I'm such excited i really hope this human Beryl is not a lottery, but a sort of of periodic sales...

18. I would ADORE a NS Vesuvia. I am in love with her face and I think it would look amazing in either normal or white skin. :P Since she was purple, if they released her without horns and tail they could technically do either.

19. Gods, she's absolutely gorgeous. I may have my tengu girl a lot sooner than I imagined =)=).

20. Cosign. =) Myself, I'm thrilled at a new chance to have this beauty.
      I hope people don't really think it 'devalues' their first-run Beryls any to have a second version released.