1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Beryl - Love Me Or Die version

Jun 10, 2010

1. As much as I love her in normal skin, she's just a bit to pouty for me, haha! She looks great though~

Oh and that definitely not the same torso as Breccia. Necklaces would not be able to rest between her boobs if it was.

2. I don't know how I feel about this.... At first I was a little upset (only on a personal level, Soom can do what they want) because I built my MD Beryl piece by piece for over a year. The more I think about it though, the more I'm ok with it. Different skin tone, different size, no fantasy parts and it looks like this Beryl will be limited too. They are different enough and my Beryl fits her character better than this Beryl anyway. If this Beryl is limited as well, it shouldn't affect the rarity/resale value of MD Beryl too much.

3. to me it look very normal NS Ôo
      i'm glad they are re-releasing her. i hope they'll do it with some other dolls, i love their faces but i hate WS x(

4. of all the things they could re-release

they picked Beryl.

That's it, Soom owns my wallet.

Beryl has always been my holy grail doll as some might say. Like, she was beyond dream doll for me. She was that doll that I adored, but that I would probably never get because there was no way I could justify, let alone find and save up for, the limited Beryl. It really just felt like a dream to even just think about owning her.

Yet here she is, about to be re-released. And in looooovely NS to make things even more heavenly. I read speculations about a lottery for her, and I will be so severely disappointed if it happens. And of course, Soom is about to re-release her when I have no doll money so the only way I could get her without being unable to pay rent is on a layaway. Dear god I hope there will be a layaway option for her and they don't make her a lottery. Please Soom, I'm so close to her now, don't snatch her from under my nose ;_;

5. I own a Branon and he is most definitely not french resin.

6. I'm a bit frightened (and amused) that we had virtually the same thought. ::laughs::

Though the character I'm thinking of creating is only the beloved of a tengu and mother of a half-tengu child (or possibly children) and not a tengu herself. xD

7. I still say, if they released her in grey skin I would be all over her.
      Even if she had zero fantasy parts, I'd be all over her.
      A Beryl with grey skin would be my dream, and I'd be less devastated that I don't have the original girl, because she'd just be SO MUCH MORE AMAZING in grey skin.
      I mean, I'd love her even more in green or something but, not going to suggest Soom go that far cause I just know they won't xD

8. Best thing I have heard all day Sakuraharu, thankyou for putting me at my ease.

Although I may have to pout at the people saying she's just NS ;) Darn Soom using photoshop filters and light effects so much! As an artist that practise bugs me no end. I'll still be holding my breath for a tan/real skin :D

Also, how did I not pick Devon Aoki in her look? I'm getting awful at face recognition.

9. Oh My God!

This is so amazing!!!! and so sad because i have no job or money!!!! Whaaa....I want her so so so so so so bad...she's amazing and lovely i love that she's human!

I've missed out twice already in buying her...and now i'll miss her agine...I'll just adore her from afar as a human...

10. I'm happy to say that I'm not the least bit tempted by Beryl...
      but I'm really excited that Soom is doing this!!!!! I so so sooooo
      want Amber and Bix....Bix being nearly impossible to get.
      I just hope that all the stupid negative comments doesn't deter
      Soom. IMO it's people who are scared that the value of their own
      dolls will go down if Soom releases their MDs again. That's such
      a selfish way to think!!!!!!!! Soom releasing a human version that's
      likely to only be in non-CW skin will have no impact on a fullset LE
      with fantasy parts. Now, just in case Soom reads our posts.......
      PLEASE release Sard, Vesuvia, Bix & Amber!!!!!!! lol

edit: I seriously doubt she'll be released as a lottery. Maybe Soom
      is taking cues from Iplehouse and how their Limiteds are always
      basics afterwards. Once again Soom surprises us!! Not sure my
      poor heart can take anymore XD

11. oh oh i hope they can re-relase topaz...and euclase...any way

Dose any one think she'll come with what she's wearing?

what size is she? 60cm or 65cm?

I'd be forever in there dept if they made topaz or Visuvia 60cm...

12. o 3 o
      The photos don't seem at all overly photoshopped or filtered to me.

It could very well just be the studio lighting or something near the doll while they were taking the photos to make her skin look...er...different? Or...this batch of NS resin could be different than the rest ey?

I actually really love this idea. I mean, yes, there is the possibility of it hurting the resale value on some MD's, but that isn't Soom's fault. Personally, I would LOVE to snatch up a 60cm, NS human Amber, she is the one mold I was upset over having fantasy ears.
      I'm more curious as to how this 'special sale' is going to work. But as far as Beryl goes I'm safe, not a big fan, though she is definitely gorgeous.

13. I will never purchase a big doll. So... I am always safe. XD
      The more I look at her the more I feel that she look really nice in NS, ... it is possible just cuz I am not a fan of CW at all.

Onyx Onyx Onyx Onyx! <3

14. I am so excited! I agree that people on the Soom boards are being a bit ridiculous - especially the ones saying "This is unfair to everyone who bought the MDs!" Well, I bought several of the MDs (my fiancée bought Beryl), and I'm thrilled! I've always wanted another one that I could turn into a boy, haha. So speak for yourselves, people. =/ Let the rest of us have nice things, for heaven's sake.

I also hope that she's a period release and not a lottery so that everyone who wants her can have a chance. I've always hoped they would do some human rereleases of their monthly sculpts, so I'm thrilled! I don't think it detracts from the "specialness" of the original releases in any way. Volks releases different versions of their limiteds all the time and AFAIK, people don't throw these kinds of fits about it - and they still have good market value, I think.

After this I want them to rerelease Topaz. XD

15. I think Soom is trying something new here. Just like they've been trying new things with their MDs for the entire life of the line. They're good at new, just let them show you what the plan is before getting too fired up over a rerelease to those that are angry with the decision.

Personally I'd love if they released their dolls like Iplehouse handles the Noctarcana crew. There's still something about the limiteds to separate them, different resin colors, the costumes, the fullset faceup, all the bells and whistles. But at the same time, I love that they release basic editions. For those that maybe don't like the special resin color, or want just a straight up human without the hassle of running a split and selling off pieces.

In the case of Soom, MDs should remain as they are. The gorgeous, creative, and always new and interesting fantasy parts with the options for the special eyes, wig, costume, etc. The standard release should be simply a straight up human version of the head. No special legs, no claw hands, no fantasy ears. Straight up vanilla human.

16. Something that just occurred to me today, and maybe this is me hoping too much..

But I wonder if releasing basics, or even limited human releases, like this will give them more freedom to be MUCH more creative with their MDs?
      Perhaps they'll be able to start showing us the fantasy resin greens and pinks and whatever a bunch of us have been hoping for.
      Perhaps they can start to go all out with their faceups, or try different fantasy parts that might be too OTT for some.
      If there are basic human limiteds available too, people who like the normal and the crazy fantasy will both be happy.

I don't know, trying to look on the bright side I guess! xD

17. This is one of my dream dolls. and I only wanted her as a human and not as a fantasy doll. Will be interesting to see what the details are when they come out.

18. Speaking of which, I don't remember there being a raging storm of hate about that, even though it's basically the same as Soom is probably doing, right?
      A fullset, special parts. And then a basic version, in different skintone etc.
      And I agree, there full sets are still special. People that have them are still "one of the few".
      I'm getting the feeling this is mostly about elitism, besides people spending too much money on sold out dolls (which someone mentioned is their own descision of course), and people wanting to be super duper special and don't want anyone else to have a doll that resemles theirs.

19. I like her new tanned skin but she has very strong features that looked great with the succubus/fantasy theme but for a human-resembling - doll they don´t fit, I think.

20. Maybe Soom has realized there is a market for their limited dolls, but without the fantasy parts. Of the people on DOA who bought the first Idealian, not a single person bought the optional snake parts (a head and arms). The second IDealian has much more limited fantasy parts, possibly a result of this.

It would be interesting to find out how "normal" Cass sold, compared to "normal plus fishy parts." A company can't be faulted for trying to meet the requests of its patrons. The Beryl board is filled with requests to re-release her.

Unless a company states clearly and officially that they are destroying the mold after casting, to me it seems possible that the doll will reappear in a different guise. For instance I own a Limhwa "To L" and it was clearly stated that only 16 of these dolls were going to be made. His face-up was optional and his body is the same as Mano's. So it's pretty cut and dry that we won't be seeing him again. But for the original Beryl nowhere on the sales page does it say the head mold is limited.