1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Carnel!

Sep 7, 2009

1. Hey, do those ears look pointed to anyone besides me?

2. they look pointed to me too! XD;

Carnel actually looks more like a Sard + modified Olivine hybrid to me. :sweat

Since Carnel is released in September, Soom's shipping guarantee program applies to him, right?

3. Absolutely agreed^-^. He´d be a real charmer in another kind of wig.
      I´m so glad to finally see the release of another standard SG.

4. This might or might not have made me wet myself a little XD

You're right, Darkstar. They're really thin vertically, and they look a little pointed from the front.
      Can't see too well on the normal skin, as his forehead-inducing wig covers them.

I love his mouth to death, haven't seen many boys with showing teeth!
      Also, I think he needs stronger eyebrows. They're really thin towards the centre of his brow.
      They really really wanted to show off his forehead, didn't they.

5. Anyone else think the white skin version has some Edward Scissorhands potential? I can't help but notice the resemblance looking at him. :sweat

6. Yeah they look pointed. Oi, I might change my dream SD for the billionth time... *_*

I don't usually like dolls showing teeth, but I think it looks nice on Carnel.

7. Holy god, that's what I said to my friend earlier tonight! Get outta my head :D
      He really does. It's in the eyes, plus the hair helps.

He also definately has Sard's mouth. And Olivine-like eyes, but a lot more open.

8. Looking at them side by side, I am actually quite convinced that He is just a direct repaint of Olivine. The lips have the same shape and everything.

9. Here if you look at these to pictures beside eachother.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Olivine did always look like a man to me. And when I look at her pictures, she looks kinda like she's in drag >_<

I found a definate difference though: Olivine has a noticeable chin cleft, where Carnel has a flat chin. Carnel also has a slightly different ball of the nose - his nose has a more pointed outward tip, where as olivines nose is straight all the way down.
      Seriously, I'm certain if I saw both their moulds unpainted, I would think olivines was the male version!

I think the differences are far less obvious in the white skin version, based on that comparasin :O They do look like twins there.

11. if anybody wondered what a child of Sard and Olivine woudl look like> there he is. :) The normal skin version also looks a bit like Volks Alain. I am kind of indifferent about him, but I would need to see the no-makup head to make a decision. good thing he's not limited or anything.

12. I'd be willing to bet it's just the Olivine head on a male body with a few elements smoothed out in the mold (like sard and dia). I've been comparing them for a bit now and they're identical to my eyes aside from the two differences mentioned above.

13. This just might be my first Soom (of course, I'm waiting to see Idealian first)!

14. I guess they know the boys sell better than the girls. I do wish they would make some more super gem girls though. :(

15. I'm SOOMed already ;) but still saving for another doll DX

16. To me, Olivine looks specifically like a younger and prettier bjd-style Oscar Wilde in drag. It's the droopy eyes. :sweat

Carnel's wig is really awful and seems to be too small or crooked, sitting just a bit higher than where one would expect the hairline to be. (Well, you can't really do pulled-back hairstyles with bjd, because you'll always have that awful naked spot in front of the ear where normal people have hair/sideburns.) I also think this face type doesn't suit smoky dramatic faceup and I think Olivine's natural style faceup would've looked better on him.

But that aside, I really like him.

17. I kinda wish Soom would actually release more female molds.. Their MD and FFD girls are really cute (especially Amber.. I think?) I feel like they don't put as much effort into their female dolls.

>_> Back on topic - Yes, she does look like a man in drag! It's not just me!
      Agreeing about that wig, I don't think anyone likes it so far @_@ Maybe we should warn Soom? Get them to put him in a far better wig for pics.. I'd love to see him in a non-fur wig. I think fur just doesn't go right with larger dolls.

18. I'm really hoping we will see some more regular line girls soon as well. Really hoping. I love Olivine because she has that classic, mopey Pre-Raphaelite look to me -- she reminds me strongly of this painting: https://facultystaff.richmond.edu/~rreilly/Arthur/dicksee_la_belle_dame.jpg -- as does he, though... not as the male figure in it. *blush* That isn't a bad thing, though.

19. Olivine is a very pretty, classic sort of girl with the right faceup. I do like the male version, awful as the wigs are, and I agree that he'd be an awesome edward scissorhands. :D

20. ROTFLOL! That is hilarious. "Made of forehead..." indeed.

I couldn't stand the suspense so I have asked on the Soom Q&A if he is the exact same head as Olivine or in any way modified. They haven't responded yet. :aheartbea

Its like you are actually all reading my mind with this drag stuff. That's exactly what I have in mind for him but not decora style or very OTT done up Jodie Harsh/Priscilla drag. Fashionista drag like Martin Cohn and Danila Polyakov. I really wanted a very realistic but very androgynous head and Soom really excel at that type of boy/girl.

I concur though, I really wish they would release some of the MDs as regular supergems or just develop more supergem sculpts male and female. I would have them all...:love