1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Covell

Jun 25, 2010

1. yeap i notice too....

2. Looking at his complete pics it struck me that he would look really nice next to an SD16 Reisner... like a younger brother. His look is growing on me and I can't wait to see what people do with this sculpt!

3. Clothes are in the biweekly section! X3

4. Yes it's so..thanks for pointing it out inmylove.

5. I think this Junior-Chalco sculpt here is one adorable kid. :bcupcake He's so sweet! I like when they make a departure & do another 'little-brother' sculpt for a change.

And I think it's great, Soom broadening their product base to include student-artist type work. Having limited releases of these artisanal ventures is a very cool idea, giving the young artists a chance to get their work in production, & giving collectors a nice little special LE in the bargain.

6. As a test venture for a new artist, I don't think 30 is too limited. He's a very different look for Soom so I think it's logical to test the waters with a small sale. If he sells out fast then they know it's worthwhile releasing him again for another order period.

7. He's still available right now. Sometimes I wonder, do people influence Soom before releasing how many dolls there are?

8. I'm sure they do plenty of market research before they make any sort of marketing decision like the number of releases in a limited line, etc. They probably decided how many to release before even finalizing the design.

9. He looks like a younger version of Chalco, and I really wanted him in NS, he is cute, but I will wait maybe someone else they make will catch my eye. Can't wait to see owner pics of him!

10. Actually I was worried the body was going to look weird on him, but it doesn't at all ^^ he is really cute, not for me, but really cute. He'd probably make a really good girl!

11. I'd actually bet it has a lot to do with minimum/maximum runs from any given mold set, in part, too.

12. hes still for sale... i want him :(

13. I wonder if, just if, Soom would maybe offer this head on a female body if they do a second round of orders for this face? That would be wonderful. They've done 'swaps' before -- Sard/Dia, Olivine/Carnel -- when they have gotten strong feedback in that regard. We've seen BoySaiph and also BoyVega, too.

It would be so incredibly wonderful to see that go in the reverse for once. I almost never see such a strong 'please make a girl version!' response to a sculpt from them as I have with Covell, it is almost universally the reverse. I hope it's enough for them to take note!

14. I sort of want to get. >3< He looks like he could fit into one of my characters, but other dollies have hurt my wallet. Oh how I hope if I get the chance the second time around to pick up this fella~ <3

Either way I really like this idea soom is got going! I really look forward to seeing the creations from others! ^^

15. I'm hoping to be oneI'm hoping to be one of the lucky thirty but I have to wait til mid July to see...

16. I really hope they do release him on a girl body. But then I'd be buying a Coquina body for nobody if they do that. lol

17. What the heck, if I'd never known he was by Soom I wouldn't have believed it. He doesn't look like a soom doll at all. What a baby face! I'm dissapointed, I thought the days were over when cute dolls where everwhere and the more realistic manly dolls were hard to find. I always love that soom made such great looking guys. I'm afraid to say I don't like him. :(

18. Jacobean: I just wanted to mention, [because I saw similar comments on Soom's page that he looks nothing like a Soom] this doll was made by a student of Soom's doll academy. So this mold doesn't really represent the Soom sculptor's. I'm sure Soom will still continue to make their manly guys, but it looks like we'll also get some different molds under the young artist section. :D You may have already caught this info, but just in case~ You shouldn't worry, I think Soom will still make manly looking guys. The last boy Monzo was one of the most masculine sculpts I think Soom has done. n__n

19. Dybbuk is right:
      Covell is lister in sub section Younger Artist,cause the sculpt was made by an artist,i really haven't any clue with korean name sorry,that graduate at soom school artist,so please stop tells allway that he's not in soom style...it's clear that covell is from another line and it's not an usual soom sculpt at least not sculpted by the usual sculptor of Soom.

20. I'm still really new to these dolls, but I think he is a very cute doll. I'm not familiar enough with "Soom style" to say whether it strays far from it or not.