1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Dia

Mar 19, 2008

1. Indeed.:D I've been hit hard by this one, that's for sure. Every time I look at her, I can't help but see Montresor hidden underneath. She's just absolutely breath-taking. Wheeee, so excited!!

2. I really like her. I'm thinking she might make a good counterpart to the Dollshe Army.

3. So far, I'm very impressed with her. I'd love to know how tall she is, and what her measurements are. I was thinking of getting a Elfdoll June to go with my Hound, but if this girl is the right height, she might give June a run for the money!

4. Oooh spicy :XD: I'd love to get her outfit! I don't like very "mature" or "barbie" like girls too much, but I'm very impressed by her look ( i love her brow line!) I'd like to see her without lipstick!

5. When I look at her, the first thing that came to mind was 'Burlesque.' With the strong make up, I think she would look great modelling different burlesque costumes :fangirl:

Same here. I have become a bit picky about bodies, despite being new to this. I do not like 'squashed boobie bodies (scary!),' but I think if I were having her as a burlesque character, it would add great effect if she was dressed up in corsets and the like.

:lol:

6. Actually, I think the teeth are just painted, if you look at a few of the extreme close-ups.

I think she's lovely, but what I really want is her dress. Reminds me of Satine from Moulin Rouge.

7. I just love the Soom dolls. She is very pretty. :)

8. Hubba hubba! :fangirl: Wow! Go, Soom! What a great face she has. She is more feminine than Vega, although I can't really argue with the assessments of "Sabik-in-a-Red-Dress" that I'm hearing. She sure looks like his sister. ^^ But that works for the image they've created here. That Sassy Moulin Rouge Dancehall Chick look. It requires nice strong bones.

You're all spot-on about the lipstick, too-- while it is perfectly in-keeping with her glam makeup job and Hot Tamale outfit, it's getting in the way a bit. If I was wanting to buy one of these girls, I'd hold out for them to post an unpainted or neutral-painted picture of the face. I'd also want to know more about the body, like even a HEIGHT. If the boy Super Gems are about 65cm, does that mean she'll be the same or slightly shorter, like 63-64? I think it's great of people to be coming out with taller mature-girl bodies lately, & less of that Rampant Asian Daintiness. Tall chicks need lovin' too. <3

You're right, I was actually surprised too! I expected to see her and groan "Not another A-Barbie-JD". I can't put my finger on why, but she seems less Barbie than the last two SD16s that came out, even though they also had nice strong bones too. (Perhaps she looks too Sabik to look very Barbie. :lol:)

9. I think .. she's a liiiittle too masculine. :\

10. Comment moved over here after I stupidly posted it in news by accident :doh:evil::ablah:

What is up with Soom releasing a new doll every other day, it seems like?

They're nice dolls but it seems like a LOT of new Sooms are coming onto the market all at once.

11. lol I don't really mind...but my Paypal does XD
      They are all so gorgeous!!! >_<

12. I think is the faceup... She looks a lot like the women from Spain. I saw her and thought "OLE!" LOL

Well... this may sound weird but I'm getting really picky with hands and feets! Yes, I know...weird :sweat. I think hands and feets make dolls look more realistic. I like the detail on Soom bodies. I will wait to see her naked to decide. I want to make a violinist :)

13. My initial reaction was, "OMG BARBIE???!!!????????!!!!!!!!!!"

Then I calmed down and realised it's just a wacked out faceup. I'm definitely getting her though (when I get paid), sans faceup, so I'll post pics when she arrives.

Yeah, Soom does come out with beautiful sculpts, but destroys the ones I actually buy with bad faceups. :P

14. I think she is stunning!!!:fangirl: and I must say one of the most Feminine "Mature" Girl moulds I've ever seen.... I adore the shape of her eyes and mouth:aheartbea.... It just seems like (well at least in my option) every time a company tries to come out with a Mature Female Mould they end up looking like Dudes in make up:ablah:....

This girl though very slightly manish, has a lot of potential, and is definitely one of the most feminine mature moulds I've ever come across:sweat.... But I do have a problem with those lips:| They are just WAY to intense for my taste:shudder..... I tend to go for that effortless yet striking beauty look, a naked or pale shaded lip always does the trick:) This girl's face up just hit's you in the face like a sledge hammer, not my cup of tea*_*
      ~Anthony

15. She is perfect for Astir, who is going to be a School C as of right now (she's an androgynous girl), I can't wait to see owner pics. Her lips are garish painted like that >_<

16. I really love the way she looks, but less dark eyeliner and pale peach color lips would be my choice for makeup, the red lips are too red!

17. Wow, I love her--I wouldnt buy her but would happily recieve her as a gift.The outfit, the wig, the face, :aheartbea :)

18. Nah, it's just that all the boys are too feminine. ;)

19. You are absolutely right! haha I don't think Dia is masculine at all! It's boys that are too feminine and pretty boy. :XD:

20. They sure are gorgeous! It's a good thing I don't care so much for large female dolls, at least I can cut my costs by half.
      I just looked at Larger Dolls forum and there are like four threads, each about a different Soom doll! Talk about marketing!