1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Dia

Mar 19, 2008

1. Chizzie- I did a split with a girl from another forum and I'm just getting the head, but she ordered her over the weekend. I am so excited! Her body is stunning though, but not for the character I am getting th head for, hehe.

Still no measurements though? I'm thinking she might look less cross eyed in 12mm's...

2. International Velvet, 12mm eyes are possible for her.:)
      Her body measurements are on Soom's FAQ board:
      [​IMG]

3. Yay, thank you yujian!!!

4. Dia is gorgeous. I actually do like her faintly sad default faceup facial expression, although I do agree she would work better with dark hair.

Those pictures SOOM has up of her are gorgeous - I always had a thing for a woman in a rumpled shirt like that.

I do confess I am now tempted to get a Dia to hang out with my Lupin, but I have to be responsible about money. >.<

- Mel

EDIT: I do wonder if the couple offer works if you ordered a Lupin instead of a Spinel, though.

5. Wow, Now that is what I am TALKING ABOUT:aheartbea She is stunning and now most definitely on my Wishlist:love

I am likeing the default face up more and can now most definitely see potential in her:aheartbea and are BJD girls waists usually so small? 6cm*_* am I reading wrong? That is like TINY right? I love a narrow waist:love
      ~Anthony

6. My Elena is a bit chubbier than that, but then she's supposed to have the build of someone just hitting teenagerness. An idealized version of that, sure, but I love her body nevertheless.

Dia, on the other hand, is a woman, and a lovely one at that. I love the sculpt of the curve of her belly and navel, and the small of her back. Like I said, if I hadn't just ordered a Lupin... *sighs*

I wonder if Dia can wear Dollfie Dream clothing, too...

- Mel

7. Same here Mel The body sculpt is just exquisite:aheartbea.... But yeah, I read the WRIST Circumference not the Waist:doh.... I don't think they have the Circumference of her waist listed now that I look at it closely:(

But she really is stunning.... I must resist, must resist, must resist:blush
      ~Anthony

8. Her waist circumference is 17cm.:)

MelWong, I think Dia cannot wear Dollfie Dream clothing. DD's breasts are larger and thier waist are slimer than Dia's one.

9. woah she is as tall as Spinel? Wouldn't they have thought to make her shorter than the boy?

10. Why is she the same height as Spinel??? :O It's not too bad I guess, for the character I want her for, but I was hoping for something more the Unireal girl height (62cm). *sigh* Another big big doll to lug around...

Patrice S: Woot! Go the Couple Making Event! I wasn't sure I'd want her either, especially after seeing that glam faceup...but now I'm definitely keeping her!

12mm? Hmm there's a thought...does that mean Spinel can also take 12mm?

11. I love her body - I think it might be perfect for a doll I've been trying to find for a character. Her face is nice, but doesn't jump out at me - unlike Deneb's!

12. I ordered her last night. She is definitely a tall girl but she does have a beautiful body.

13. Oh wow. I like her. I don't like how her mouth is painted on the promo pics, but that's mostly because I don't like overly red lips in general. With a more neutral lip paint, I don't think her mouth would look so botoxed as it does here. And the rest - including the outfit - is gorgeous IMO.

14. Spinel can wear 12mm eyes, or so I heard... I think Dia would also look great with 12mm eyes, too bad Soom doesn't produce smaller than 14.

Must not order Dia... must not, hush! I am so worried about customs, I never ordered from Soom before. Sadly, the couple making event was for alimited time only, when Spinel was released :(

15. She is so beautiful...:love Oh... Now I'm waiting for som's Aren and can't resist the temptation to buy Dea too... Oh....
      I've deceided to wait for Dea's owners fotos. :roll:

16. I don't usually go for such super realistic almost fashion doll types, but this girl is really, really gorgeous! Her face seems pretty versatile too. She can look like a complete diva or look very gentle. If it wasn't for the lips she might make a nice boy too.

17. The body I got for my Dia head is supposed to get here today. I love how I have time to work on it and make it perfect and pick out stuff for her until she gets here. I am so excited!

I actually don't really like either of the faceups in the promo pics. Some people are saying the new natural faceup makesher look even more manly. I think the sculpt looks like a very Eastern European woman, Like Famke Jansen or something. The androgyny is apparent in this new face sculpt as well~ but that works perfectly for Astir since she's a showing female painter who gets mistakenly written up as a "he".:sweat

18. Soom posted nude and natural pics of Dia! They painted her lips and nails the way I requested my Deneb to be painted from a month and a half ago! It's kinda nice that they are using my requests for their natural default painted Dia :)

19. LOL that's pretty awesome, yeah.

Dia is "Before Shipping" now for me! I'm hoping that because I didn't order a faceup, they'll only take a day, rather than their usual 1 week.

20. Because women artists outnumbered in SOOM.
      They even tried to make Mecha angel female type as tall as male type.:)