1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Dia

Mar 19, 2008

1. OH my god she's gorgeous! If I were rich she'd be so on my list lol Can't wait to see her on the forum.

2. Oh, I broke down and ordered her too. She will be my first girl over 60cm, so we'll see. The body is really what tempted me.

3. I wonder if you can purchase the heads separately. With the right faceup she can pass as for a male character.

4. She does someway look like a man, would like to have her as the brother of Spinel

5. Wow, I like her with more natural makeup so much better. It gives her face a softness that isn't there with her dramatic makeup. Her dramatic eye makeup is beautiful, but I always miss the lip texture when just solid red is used.

Very pretty!

6. Bah, yet another doll that goes in my "want" folder. It's getting pretty full...

7. Wow, she certainly looks good with the less 'glam' makeup. And it is nice to see what her body looks like as well :)

8. Dia is my dream doll, I adore her! She definitely suits that glam look very well, but looks great with a more natural face-up too. I like fashion dolls, so I'm not averse to BJDs with glamorous make-up.

I don't think she looks too masculine at all, not as masculine as Deneb. But anyway I don't like dolls that have big eyes and girly heart-shaped faces, I much prefer strong / realistic / androgynous features. She's perfect!

Oh, and I was wondering if anyone knows about this - I saw on the Soom website "Dia couple making event certificate". I think it means that if you buy Spinel, you can get Dia half-price. Is that correct?

http://dollsoom.com/shop/step1.php?number=2991

9. Sadly, that was a limited time offer- customers who purchased Spinel for a short while when he was released, would recieve that coupon- not knowing what Dia would look like in advance. That probably means there will be a few Dia on the aftermarket, as I guess most people would take advantage of those 50% and sell it on if she's not to their taste.

I don't think she looks like a man really, but she does have strong features. It would still be fun to see her in a boy version.

10. Oh that's a shame, but it will be great if someone who took advantage of that offer will decide to sell her on at a reasonable price.

11. I don't think her price is unreasonable... I think it's a standar doll price:| or am I totally wrong:sweat

12. Her regular price is fair for her size.

I think it was a very good marketing tool and a lovely gesture for Soom to do the Couple Making Event for her. Even though I was eligible for the special price, I had no plans to buy her just for the price. However, once I saw the softer makeup, I fell in love with her and ordered her. The event price was a wonderful bonus though.

13. Oh don't get me wrong, I agree her price is totally fair for her size. I'm just thinking that if anyone was able to buy her for half price, then they might ask for a bit less than full price if they decide to sell her. (although, I don't think anyone would want to part with such a beauty!).

14. I was actually planning to do that if I didn't like her, and I must say, having first seen those glam pics, I was not impressed. But sorry to disappoint hopefuls out there - I'm keeping this beauty now. :)

15. I am curious about Dia, so I hope she will be shipped out fast, and there will be lots of owner pics :) As long as I am waiting for two Soom dolls, I will not order another... I think. I would prefer to meet my new dolls and evaluate Soom before I go bananas.

I think Dia has a similar price to other similar dolls- and even if the "aftermarket" cost is the same as from Soom, there is something special about seeing pictures of the exact doll that one is buying, plus the bonus of getting it faster. But... still want to order a WS Dia with custom face-up. :doh WTB patience...

16. Yep yep, patience Ravnsvart...hold in the urge to buy! I mean, with 2 HUGE boys coming in....

17. I am very interested at her as well. I found her most interesting with the glamorous face up but I was totally head over heels when I saw her with the more natural look. She has so much potential!!! If I manage to gather the funds, that's a big if.

18. Lol, you are so right. I just hope they won't take too long, I am so weak while waiting. I ordered Vega straight away because he was a limited, and then fell into temptation with Rex for the FFD, only to discover he will be released next month as well :lol: Luckily Dia is a standard, so I won't buy her in a rush. Really curious to see Dia with Spinel though... would love to have those two as a goth couple some paychecks from now ;) I :aheartbea Soom!

19. I'm new here (got suckered by Elfdoll) LOL and I am rapidly falling for Soom. I already have Rex and Deneb on my wishilist (OMG they are HUGE!!!) and Dia has joined them now. I LOVE her bone structure! I guess I like powerful girls. :) February Deneb is amazing, but I could never afford her. I guess I better start saving. :doh :doh

20. Oh, and don't forget Lupin! I think I like him more than Spinel. Can anyone point me in the direction of owner pictures of Soom dolls?