1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Discussion (Basic, Limited & Special Order) - Part 13

Jan 4, 2022

1. Looks like they will release Heliot at the end of March according to the new March calendar.

2. Doooooom!

:lol:

Just what I need. Another Heliot.

3. Man oh man...just missed buying a tawny Breccia by a week. I checked with Soom and there's nothing they can do, so I'm here to tell my tale of woe :...( Like 10 years ago I saw the Feast of Spring I think it was, and I loved the design so much any other BJD really didn't compare, but it was after that order period. I always wished they had a smaller bust option, and that she'd be beautiful in tawny, and I love the extra leg joint they added - all of which was available... a week ago! Ugh.

4. @busk Aw I'm so sorry! I am surprised SOOM wouldn't still allow you to order her, I know they've allowed it in the past if it's within a few days of the ordering period. Is it possible they misunderstood your question?

5. When I missed out on Elf Saiph they wouldn't let me order her either, and it had been less than 24h. They said as soon as they finish the order period they order materials and it's not possible to add any new orders at that point.

6. :o I guess things have changed, I'm sorry you missed out on Saiph :(

7. That's alright, I ended up getting her in a trade. :aheartbea

8. That great! She is a beautiful sculpt, did you get the regular elf or romantic elf version? I love mine but regret not getting her in Baby Pink.

9. I got the romantic elf version, but I'm thinking of opening her eyes. I'm not much for romantic heads, but it was what I was able to find. Baby pink is a lovely color! Mine's in cream, I believe? (Ok I checked, she's in Normal)

10. I struggled a lot to give Jet the appropriate wig: tried three different ones and concluded that long hair would not work. After unsuccessful attempts, I ordered two short black wigs similar to the promo photo. While waiting, I am reaching out to the community for suggestions. Thank you.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

11. With those eyebrows, black or dark grey would be the best color choices. There is no brown or red tint in there that I can see : /

12. Just popping in to let this gal say hi for the first time in ages~

[​IMG]

13. Tomorrow night I'll be able to see Soom release my 8 year long hobby grail and I am so nervous. I haven't really liked any of their latest SG releases. I really hope they give him some cool options and do him justice if he's labeled best... with no quantity limited special things. :...( I'd be fine with just unicorn head options and some hooves in any color but NS tbh. I hope they release tawny or blue or grey.

14. I'd love to see them do a tan-type resin version with hooves, myself. The White Night twins are fun, but they only have human legs.

15. I wasn't a fan of the Amber ears personally, but the color for Heliot was AMAZING. Agreed with the hooves it would look wonderful. They've been going hard on the peony white though, so I'm just like soom please don't do this to me XD

16. I'm fond of the ears, myself. They suit the sculpt's kind-of mopey face.

I'd rather not have another white resin one. I've had pretty bad luck with Soom's white resins yellowing in less-than-pleasing ways. (Or going greenish in my Emeral King Chalco's case. <_<) My original Heliot pair and Dream Ripper are looking pretty... buttery... these days, in spite of being kept in a cabinet away from the light.

17. Have any Witches started shipping? :abambi:

18. That is terrifying. I've never known how Soom's white ages, but now I want to avoid it lol

Soom's new banner for tomorrow's release is... not Heliot.

I really hope they haven't pushed him back again :/ Maybe there's some sort of mistake

19. Thank you for your suggestion. I actually used dark grey and it worked perfectly.

20. IT Does LOOK like they pushed heliot back as Heliot’s name was removed from Soom’s March calendar and another re-release of Raon was added. Darn. Well on the plus side my wallets safe this month.