1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Discussion (Basic, Limited & Special Order) - Part 13

Jan 4, 2022

1. Ah man that really sucks. This delay is killing me. Thought I was going to be able to buy him for my birthday, but I guess I'll just have to wait again. More time to save I guess XD

#61 Littlebirdzoom, Mar 30, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    2. Maybe there wasn't much positive reception to the pink thing, and they decided it would be better to release a less loved sculpted wearing the blue thing rather than release Heliot in the blue thing.

3. Indeed.

But my Fun Money account isn't safe... Heliot being pushed off of the schedule just means that I'll definitely be trying for one of Volks' new SD17 guys. No Heliot = "Helloooooo, Max!". (If the Lottery Gods are with me, anyway. :lol: )

4. I feel you, Brightfires. I’ve never had a Volks but I’m interested/ going to try for Regulus! It will be cool if we can get those boys. Plus I’m still interested in Heliot but it might depend if I’m successful with Regulus or not.

5. Imagining Heliot in the blue thing makes me want to cringe and scream LOL. Raon is cute though, I wonder if they'll give him his paws

He's up and I have no idea what is going on with that outfit. I tried to ask Soom about Heliot and they didn't really answer me, so who knows.

#65 Littlebirdzoom, Mar 31, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    6. That blue outfit is definitely... something.
      Yikes. :lol:

7. I thought it looked like a sleeping bag :sweat

8. I had to giggle when they had him Donald-Ducking it in one of the photos to show off his legs!! :lol:

9. I almost spit out my morning coffee reading this, too funny indeed.

Well, maybe it was the sleeping bag outfit that scared Heliot away but it looks like he’s back on this months April Soom calendar for release on the 14th.
      We shall see.

10. I don't blame him for running from that Unfortunate Blue Thing.
      I would have.

11. Hello! Can anyone tell me how tall the super gem boys *actually* are? I'm thinking about getting Raon, but he's listed as 65 cm, but the measurements listed for the super gem dolls say they're 65 cm without the head, which would mean he's actually taller than that. His face sculpt is really cute, but larger than 65 cm is too big for the character I'm thinking of.

12. I don't have a Raon, so I can't tell you EXACTLY how tall he is specifically... Head sizes do vary some... But just as a general example of a SG guy, the vampire Heliot that I have out of the cabinet at the moment is actually just under 65cm. (He's about 64.5cm standing here shoeless and bald-)

13. If memory serves, the fantasy parts can make them taller, but otherwise, my sg-male hybrid is under 65 for sure (albeit with a smaller head than the supergem head)

[​IMG]Big boi garrion by Indifferent Red, on Flickr

Lex (left) is a DS doll Cat head/supergem, beside Mora (Dollshe Amanda/supergem f), beside id75 Garrion (who was actually 78cm!) and SID Carina, who I think was around 62cm

EDIT: I forgot about the 2016 supergem male body—Lex is on the 2012 supergem, which Soom lists at 64.5cm, but the 2016 supergem is listed here at 66.5

#73 Chameleon, Apr 7, 2022
      Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    14. That's good to know, thanks!

Thanks, this is really helpful to see! Do you know which version of the body new supergem dolls are sold with now? It just says super gem male human body in the listing, with no specific dates associated with it. The one that doesn't include a year in the name is listed as 65 without the head in the measurements chart, with no measurement for how tall they are with the head :/ I'm no interested in the fantasy parts, so I'm not worried about those really.

#74 quilleth, Apr 8, 2022
      Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2022
    15. That's... what we've been trying to tell you. :sweat

That "65cm" listing? That's approximate, not exact, given head-size differences between sculpts.
      Which means that, yes, **IT DOES INCLUDE THE HEAD** in the estimate.

You're not going to get a body that's 65cm at the top of the neck or at the shoulder, to make a doll that'll be 72cm in total with a head attached or anything like that. Head + Body = around 65cm is what their measurement means.

#75 Brightfires, Apr 8, 2022
      Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    16. Sorry, their measurement chart is confusing compared to other companies' that I've looked at that list the measurements for both with and without the head directly on each doll's listing. This is the first doll from Soom I've ever looked into

17. I have seen a few companies that provide measurements to a body's shoulder in addition to a full head-to-foot height on their whole dolls, but I've never come across one that JUST listed the body height without the head included for them.

It's generally safe to assume that if there's only one height listed for a complete doll, that number does include the height of the head..

(I'm curious if anyone else *has* seen one that didn't include the head in a full doll's height measurement. It would be a little... odd, to put it mildly. But stranger things, I guess.)

#77 Brightfires, Apr 9, 2022
      Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    18. Okay that is a lovely Heliot. I don't need another Heliot, I like my Dream Ripper, but if I did, I would certainly want to get him!

19. I went for it... I'm adding a variation I don't already have to the herd. A non-hooved grey resin fellow with the human head. (I don't have a cream resin human version either, but... yeah. 'Not a big fan of the way white resin ages. Or the cream version's face-up design, honestly. So grey won the day. :lol: )

20. Went for a Heliot! I remember when the OG one was released, always wanted one but missed the opportunities to get him in his other releases. There were a lot of great options this time around, but I settled on a human head with the hooved body in cream. Does anyone know if the horn on the romantic head is magnet or glued? It was hard to tell.