1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Discussion (Basic, Limited & Special Order) - Part 13

Jan 4, 2022

1. They've always been non-magnetic.

2. Yeah, I’m debating on the variation of Heliot and if I can swing it. I’m really just interested in his unicorn head and fantasy hooves in grey as I’m not sure I swing the rest. Too bad they don’t have options to buy parts separately but obviously get why they don’t as a company.

3. Soom's grey varies a lot between releases, so having a bod that matches the head may be a Good Thing.

4. Thank you, indeed your right. Luckily, I have a few more days to think on it.

Sorry, for the dumb question but I’m assuming this Heliot release is on the newest version of the super gem male body, correct?

5. He should be, yeah. They don't seem to do anything with the older versions anymore.

6. Really want the grey full set, But feel like the horn placement makes it difficult to place a wig on... (so he appears to have a huge forehead)

7. I just ordered a basic gray Heliot with blank unicorn head and human body. My plan is to steal the body for my gray Souldoll Chiron centaur head and hope the resin match is close enough to swing it. :XD:

Been a few years since my last order from Soom. Hopefully the wait time hasn’t expanded although I do see the shipping prices have gone up. *_*

8. I'm contemplating getting the Cream Heliot for his body...but only if Cream is the same as Cream White. Does anybody know? Is it the same? Or is Cream closer to Normal?

9. Do you like how your Idealians fit with your SG crew? There's one Idealian I am contemplating hunting down but I am worried I might not like the size difference.

10. @jessholy In my case, I definitely do! Teridon (my Idealian Dover) would not have looked right at all in the SG size. The bodies are too scrawny for him and the faces both too androgynous as well as too young- he is supposed to look early to mid-thirties, but with the whote hair of an old man. Years of looking, but no SG fit him. Yoki, though, I found her in many sculpts, the most of which was my beloved scowly Beryl :lol:

My Idealian Elloa is a larger version of my Beryls shelled a size up, but I feel like I could still put them with Teridon and the size might be close. He's about 6'6" and she is close to 6' herself, but not quite there.

11. I have a comparison, but both supergems are hybrids with smaller heads, which makes them look a lot smaller than my id75 does!

[​IMG]Big boi garrion by Indifferent Red, on Flickr

The hybrids are Dollshe Amanda on a dyed grey new SG body, and the dsdoll cat on the 2012 supergem male body in tawny. Both heads are 7/8 wigs (Amanda can fit some 6/7’s!!)

Since taking these pics, I’ve gotten a full supergem girl (new body) and an older supergem female body hybrid that I could include to compare, plus an old ID 72 and a mecha angel female if you want to see more tall dolls!!

12. @Chameleon I would love to see more tall dolls! I might try to get an Elf Zak and he is 75 cm tall. I have mostly Super Gems so I am trying to picture how much taller/bigger he would be and if it would bother me. My Super Gem boys are the 2012 and 2016 bodies.

13. We have a few dolls that are Idealian-sized in our collection of mostly 65cm dolls and I find them to fit in well enough, but they are too heavy for me to handle them easily. This led me to recently reshell my MA Deneb as an SG Dia. I just assembled him yesterday and I'm so pleased to have him back!
      [​IMG]
      Less pleased by how floppy the body is!! Has anyone come up with a hack to keep the legs from just dangling in the hip sockets?

#93 St. James, May 5, 2022
      Last edited: May 6, 2022
    14. @St. James I plan to - at some point - wire my SG legs. For now, I use stands to help keep them upright. Your Dia boy is gorgeous! I have an Elf Dia - my first SD - so I am very loyal to him?

15. @jessholy I'm thinking of glueing some silicone washer inside the hip sockets or something. The old SG body wasn't great, but at least the legs were strung through the torso so wiring was possible. I just don't understand why they prioritized a smooth-fronted thigh joint over actual stability. *_* He pitches forward at random even more than the Volks Graffiti boys!

16. Anyone got speculations for the next release? Isn't this one supposed to be a re-release of the first monthly doll, that's Beryl, right?

I would swoon for a purple Beryl. :chibi I haven't even thought about another SD in several years, but I would be doomed if I got so lucky!:XD:

17. Oh my god a purple SG Cheshire is coming tonight :D I can't believe they made him a SG

18. I'm thinking of getting him! I love the tail and the smirk!! i wish they could release him in bronze :D

19. LiselT, I am also waiting for a purple Beryl. :D I am guessing that we have until the middle of June to wait. :eusa_pray:evilplot::eusa_pray

20. Stopping by with a photo of my blue Sard who I love with every fiber of my being :chibi

[​IMG]