1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Male Clothing Guide

Apr 22, 2008

1. Sphaler also had the longer human legs as well, the same as Heliot. They called it the Super Gem Legend body.

2. Sphaler has normal legs, I have him, a Chalco, and a Lazule, they're the same in human form. Super Gem Legend just refers to the fantasy parts I believe, Heliot was explicitly labeled as having long legs.

3. That's odd, because in the Soom page for Heliot it says, "Super Gem Long Legs Male Type (67.5cm)"
      Sphaler's says, "Super Gem Legend Version (68cm)"
      Euclase says, "Super Gem (65cm)"
      In the measurements section for normal Super Gem males it says 65cm also. Unfortunately Chalco's page is silent on his height.

God I want a Chalco ._.

4. "Super Gem Legend" refers to the doll's height WITH fantasy parts (the same 68cm is listed on Chrom, Cuprit, and Cass, for example). They probably stopped listing this height because it's totally inaccurate. While my Sphaler, Galena, and Chalco are the same 65cm in human form, Sphaler and Galena are well over 70cm with their dragon/bird legs, while Chalco's hooves don't add nearly as much in height.

"Super Gem" refers to the human doll, which is 65cm. All Super Gems (whether they're basic or MDs in human form) are this height, with the sole exception being Heliot, who has longer human legs than other SGs, which is why he is specifically referred to as "Super Gem Long Legs" with no mention of Legend. He is the only doll with this "Long Legs" body type.

I wish I could find a pic of Sphaler and Heliot together, but here are some gallery shots of other people's human Heliots next to other MD's in human form, where the height difference is obvious:

Nanyalin's Heliot next to a Cuprit and Sard-
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?341962-Vintersong-%28SOOM-No-hooves-Sard-Cuprit-R.Heliot-Mod%29&highlight=heliot

Laforeze's Heliot with Cass-
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...ve-me-(soom-heliot-amp-cass)&highlight=heliot

Hope that clears everything up!

5. Ah Thanks, this is helpful information. ^^

6. Soom's measurements are about as clear as mud!

7. Can I request someone with their super gem boy wearing super senior delf clothes? I ordered the dollheart 70cm size steam punk outfit, but after comparing the SSD size chart with the super gem boy, I'm worried its going to be REALLY baggy on him because some parts are a whole inch larger in circumference.

8. Botflybaby>> Any preference for article of clothing? I have both types of dolls. :3

9. Maybe...pants to see how much bigger they are around the waist? (length isn't too much of an issue because the pants I got only go to the knee anyway) And shirts too, because it looks like SSD doll's have thicker chests and wider shoulders and longer arms. Thanks a bunch!

10. I ordered a SSDF shirt for my Super Gem in the last GO, so I can definitely let you know when it arrives. I wasn't sure either, but the measurements were close enough that I thought it wouldn't hurt to try it out ;)

11. For those interested in the Dollheart 70cm steampunk outfit (or their two new outfits) here's a bit of a review, as mine arrived today:

[​IMG]
      Everything is a touch loose, but overall the outfits fits pretty well! I think if the pants had been full length, they may have been a bit long, but nothing you couldn't stuff into a pair of boots.

[​IMG]
      The vest is a little loose, but still looks quite dashing on.

[​IMG]
      The shirt length is a *little* long, but can easily be styled to look like it fits. You can see that the shoulder seams sit a little low, but really, the fits isn't bad at all. The sleeves come down to about mid-hand, but the cuffs are elasticated so they can stay in place at the wrist.

[​IMG]
      The waist on the pants fits quite well. Like everything, it's a bit loose, but if pulled down to his hip joint they fit perfectly.

[​IMG]
      The only thing that doesn't fit, is the hat. It just looks ridiculously Mad Hatter large, but doll hats tend to, so I'm not sure there's any way to avoid it. I won't have him wearing this part.

I bought this as a total shot in the dark, and I'm so happy I did. It fits as well as can be expected for something not made by Soom, or custom tailored for SGs. If you've been hesitating, don't, I think it's safe to say that DH's new 70cm line fits just fine, and it looks like they'll be doing their best to keep adding new outfits, which I'm THRILLED about!

I'm curious to see if he can wear these pants with his hooved leg parts, that would be phenomenal. When I'm feeling ambitious, I'll try it out (he'll need to be strung through them, of course) and report back of anyone is interested.

12. [​IMG]

I got the same outfit! In my opinion it fits VERY well. It doesn't seem large at all to me, even the pants fit better than the sd17 pants I bought him. The only thing that didn't fit, is the cuffs of the pants have a button to close, but my boy's legs are too thick to snap them shut, so I just left them open. And yes, the hat is huge and kept "eating" his head. I plan on taking better pics tomorrow. I'm so happy I got this outfit!!

13. I managed to get the pant cuff buttons to snap around the narrow part just under his knees, but it is a tight fit. The outfit looks great! It doesn't feel as tailored as a better-fitting suit (like my brown suit bi-weekly outfit from Soom) but I 'm so in love with it, I hope they release more awesome outfits!

14. That gives me an idea, to button the cuffs before the pants are fully pulled up. I'll try it tomorrow! Haha I just think this outfit fits really well because...it is the best fitting outfit I've ever got him. The SD17 pants from volks are looser than the ones from this outfit, and too long. The dollmore model doll shirts I got him are waaaay too loose and need to be pinned in back and have the sleeves rolled up to look nice and so on. I've had bad luck finding stuff for him, so having an outfit where every piece looks so NICE on him is a dream! even my mom was impressed. I also lucked out with matching shoes, dollzone 70cm shoes, only 28 bucks are they are REALLY nice, if i bought similar shoes from anywhere else I know i would have had to pay 50 dollars or more. I'll try to include them in more pics later on. He also stands like a rock in them now, where before he couldnt be trusted to stand on his own without my hand being RIGHT THERE to grab him.

has anyone tried wiring their boy's arms? mine cant hold a pose AT ALL, specially not with multilayers on. i'm thinking of finding some wire and seeing if it will help, its really frustrating.

15. I think I have those DZ boots too, I got them for him but found them to be incredibly large. My guy is wearing a pair of Impldoll boots I got from DenverDoll, which are still large but look decent. I asked Soom if they were going to release the brown boots shown in the brown bi-weekly outfit's pictures, and they said yes, but so far nothing. :/ Most of the clothes I have for my SG guys are either from Soom or bespoke, so besides some great fitting Raphael jeans and shirt, this DH is the first I've really experimented with another brand.

16. Is there a big list about what fits a Mega Gem? ._. I've got a Monzo on Layaway and struggling to find him any nice clothes.

17. So far, I've had success with Iple's SID pants/jeans and a pair of 70cm jeans from ebay (little long but they fit everywhere else). The Iple SID tops fit well, but they are a little on the shorter side, and the EID shirts fit but they are a little baggy as are the EID pants (too big in the waist). My guy also has a couple of Dollmore Model-M Tank Tops that gives him the nice-tight sexy guy look, and he can fit in Tata's 70cm shirts as long as they are stretchy...don't try anything that buttons in the front or without any stretch because the MG's shoulders are too wide. Oh! He also fits really well in Soom's Mecha Angel Hoodies, but everything else is too tight.

I haven't had much success with shoes right now since his foot length is equal to a SD13 shoe but his foot is too fat to actually fit. EID shoes are way too big, and I have a pair of SID shoes on their way, but I suspect that they'll fit well. I also have a pair of 70cm converse sneakers from Mimiwoo that fit fine, but they are a little long, however they do work. HTH!

18. Oh awesome! Thank you so much :) I've been looking around for anything that might fit him cause the mega gems are just so..beefy. I'll have to have a great look around iplehouse for some nice clothes, I'm trying to find him some partially skinny jeans for him so I've just been comparing comparing comparing! Too bad I think Monzos too big for this nice outfit set for a SSDF >.> even though it looks kinda stretchy, I don't think that'll fit his shoulders like you said. LOL my doll and me have the same problem XD I have manly feet that don't fit into any good womens shoes so i have to get ones that are too long :sweat Definitely post again if the SID shoes do fit! Would love to buy a nice big pair of doc martins for him :) thanks sososo much.

19. I have my Monzo in a pair of SD16 (or is it 17?) Raphael jeans I got off eBay for my Sphaler. They fit Super Gem guys perfectly, but I had my EID Luna wear them for a bit, and now they fit my Monzo perfectly XD It seems likely that you could just force a fresh pair onto him, and they'd eventually stretch to fit comfortably.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

They're pretty much the only thing I have that fits him, besides a Dollzone 65cm top, it's from the Cosmos or Brant outfit, a brown stretchy shirt.

20. Nnnniiiicccceeee! :drool