1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Male Clothing Guide

Apr 22, 2008

1. I find the chest is quite broad as are the shoulders- but I have found that the clothing I have recently bought from Dollmore and from Raphael have all fit really nicely. The DOT clothing from DOD is too tight across the chest and ever so slightly to small aroudn the waist although the leg length is perfect.

2. I don't know if this helps, but I bought Kalix's outfit for my Sard and the Dream of Idol pants fit him well. A little long in the leg but a good fit.

3. Miseri (or anyone), I have just received Spinel, from Soom...what brands of clothes, shoes, etc, fit him besides the ones from Soom? By the way, he is stunning, and I think the jointed hands are awesome!
      Thanks in advance!

4. I made his clothes myself. I think SD 13 clothes might work, but there is probably a thread on the forums.

Dollmore Model F boots (flat) fit his feet, the model coat and jeans fit, too...but not perfectly.

5. Thank you, Akai Okami and Miseri, for you imput! I may have to make some patterns. Good tip on boots, also...:)

6. You know what I do with very basic patterns?

I will print them out and lay the doll on top. I can then adjust the length and width if needed.

I did this recently with a poet's blouse pattern. Good luck! I have found this is the only way to get what I want for them...

7. Just wanted to mention that I tried a pair of Diverse Designs jeans for 60cm on my Lazule, and I'm happy to say they fit perfectly! SD13 shirts are on the small side, but work. :3 I was happy to figure this out; it makes shopping for my soon to be two boys much easier!

8. I've been test-fitting an Adams-Harris Iplehouse boy pattern on my Lupin, and while the shirt needs enlarging by about 110% to fit comfortably, the pants fit pretty well.

So theoretically an Iplehouse shirt that's loose around the chest would fit pretty okay, because their arm length is pretty similar - it's mostly the breadth of chest and shoulder that gets in the way.

- Mel

9. I was wondering wether Sadol outfits (the jackets especially) would fit a Super Gem?

10. Hmm, TiggTea, I'm not sure. I have a jacket that was made for 60cm dolls, but it's a bit too short in sleeve length and length in general. Unless Sadol is known for especially over-sized 60cm jackets, I don't think they would fit in a satisfying way.

Though I'm relatively sure Sadol sells outfits for dolls like Senior Delfs, and similar-sized dolls, so I'm betting those would work, but I couldn't say?

11. I have a Senior Delf outfit that sort of fits my Super Gem:

[​IMG]

The arms of the coat are a little short (hence why I pushed up his sleeves to hide that fact), the pants are on the short side too but he's wearing boots (SD13-sized boots by Dollheart, which fit great) so you can't tell. A sweater also came with this outfit and, while he can get into it, it's skintight and a bit tight through the shoulders. It still looks good on him though.

On the other hand, SD17 clothes that I've gotten from 4D fit perfectly (in particular, the Hornbeam jeans and Rosemay shirts). I wish it was easier to find SD17-sized clothing.

Edited to add:
      I've also found that Iplehouse's YID clothing fits my guy perfectly (I have a pair of jeans and a ruffle blouse). Also, Souldoll's clothing for their Soul-Double boy seems to work too (at least the cardigan outfit does).

12. Souldoll!? Awesome! I've been dying to get my hands on some of those outfits but wasn't sure they'd fit. :D

13. Quilibet - If it's too short on the arms, it's okay. I'd like a "silly look" for my boy. I simply need to know wether it fits on the shoulders and back. :kitty2
      Thanks for the tips though!

14. [​IMG]

The above is an Adams-Harris shirt (My Guy, if you're curious) with the shirt collar, front, yoke and back sized up about 110% to accommodate his broader shoulders and chest. Sleeve length doesn't need any changes, although the next time I work one of these shirts I'll make the cuffs a bit broader, too, as he has thicker wrists.

So if you're willing to do some pattern alteration, shirts that'd fit an Iplehouse boy would probably fit a Super Gem.

- Mel

15. I can finally confirm that LeeKe shoes fit Super Gem Males perfectly. At least, that is for the ones I have.

16. I have a pair of Luts Senior Delf shoes, and they fit him. They're roomy in the toe, but look proportionally pretty good. Also as confirmed before, Adams-Harris pants for the Iplehouse boy will fit a Super Gem.

- Mel

17. I'm curious about Super Senior Delf.

18. I've got my Spinel wearing some of the 60cm pants from Diverse Designs here in the DoA marketplace and I can second the fact that they fit perfectly. c: It's amusing how my Delf can wear the same pants comfortably as well. I ordered some Hound pants and a shirt from there as well, they fit but they are reeaally long in the legs. The shirt was long-sleeved, but it actually looked good with the sleeves creeping down to his fingers. I'll take some pictures later on perhaps.

19. I can confirm that Sadol tops and bottoms in Senior Delf size fit a Super Gem pretty darn well :) (I got a bunch of clothes in SDelf size since it seemed a happy medium for all my boys..) Sadol offers SDelf size for pretty much all of their clothes, and SD17 for some, which might be an even better fit if available.

(I didn't get any jackets/coats, so I can't attest to those... for something worn over other clothes, though, going up to SD17 size might be a better idea...)

Hopefully I'll get some pics this weekend. I was worried about tops fitting weirdly because of the SG's broad shoulders, but they seem fine :D Pants are great when standing, and not overly short when sitting.

20. Super Senior Delf might be a bit big. Super Senior Delf's shoulders are broader than Hounds. Their chest is bigger, their waist is bigger and their legs slightly longer than Hounds as well.

Super Gem fits Hound tops, sd13 tops and sd13 bottoms. If SSDF's top is slightly larger than Hounds then, on Super Gem, the top might be slightly large.

However, SSDF clothes for Super Gem is doable. I think SSDF clothes will look slightly large on Super Gem, not too baggy or anything since my SSDF boy can fit sd13 tops and bottoms really really snugly. But still, Super Gem might have a loose look to their clothes if it's in SSDF size.

This is all speculations so far. I'll know for sure when I start making clothes for my boys, fixing the patterns and whatnot :sweat