1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Male Clothing Guide

Apr 22, 2008

1. I'm a BJD newb, and this is the doll I want to buy for my first. I don't know if this is the case, (someone can correct me on this) But would lace-up boots work?

I ask because, I have big calves and they are the only boots that will work on my legs if I'm going knee-high. On one pair, I had to rip the vertical seam holding the tongue in place just so I could put them on. But usually if the laces are loosened a bit, they go right on without a problem.

So I'm wondering if the same would be the case with doll boots and chunky resin calves. :P

Though in the meantime, I'm going to start buying some cheaper shoes and make some clothes from patterns. I just bought his wig today on ebay. Found just the style/color I was looking for and it was cheap! woot! Thanks for posting that an 8-9 wig with elastic works. The one I found is just that. :3

A question about shoes? Do these shoes work? I read that it's 8 cm long for feet. But these are 1 cm longer... but usually they're a bit smaller inside. He's gonna need something for his feet, and I'm going to be broke afterwards. XD; Otherwise, he's getting sandals made of scrap material. :D

2. tehrin: I think I have the same ones. XD; They should work. I think Super Gem's feet are on the small side, so most sd13 shoes should fit. :) For me, Dollheart shoes fits too ^^

3. Okay that's good to know then. :D I'll just need to watch for anything that goes further up the leg.

4. The Senior Delf outfit I bought for my IO is tight and short in the arms and the legs. I'm sad because otherwise it looks fine :) I'll be pushing up the sleeves on his jacket and letting him wear boots to conceal the flood-iness of the pants !

I'm going to be making my own basics in future and reselling in the marketplace. I gave up :) I'm just reallllly glad that basic SD13 type shoes fit their feet!

5. I want to get some pants commissioned for my Heliot. The commissioner offers sizes in SD13 and SD16. The pants are short pants so length is not an issue. I'm not sure what size to get. I'm worried about the waist. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

6. Hi faeriegirl! from HeliotWR...

Can you send her measurements? waist, rise, thigh circum., and length of leg/shorts?

7. Hi Yalissa from Heliot WR.

I'm not sure if she takes measurements. I'm pretty sure you have to pick the size she offers. I was thinking I will go with the SD16, the pants have suspenders attached so it won't really matter if they are baggy. I thinker bigger is better and safer. Better baggy than to tight. I guess I answered my own question :)

8. Faeriegirl - please let us know if it works. I need short pants (steampunk/1910) style for my Heliot as well.

9. I placed my order for the pants. I think it will be about a month before they arrive and even longer before Heliot arrives :( But I will post an update when I have everything.

10. I am wondering if bigger shoes (say for 70cm guys) would help Spinel stand better or keep his balance better. Does anyone know???

:chocoberry

11. Bigger shoes won't make much difference. Tighter pants can help with some posing, ie leather. Shoes only create a flat surface that may help. Heels could reduce a dolls ability to stand in some poses.
      It depends on why your doll isn't standing. Too tight or loose elastic (no clothing will help).

12. was wonderin if the SD Guess Doll would fit Spinel. If anyone has a spinel and has suggestions on where to get the big lug clothes please help thank you.;):aheartbea

13. Guess Doll's SD might be a bit small. Not sure, as I don't have any. But generally SD long-sleeves come up shirt, some pants are OK.

aquarius85: I bought my Spinel some boots off ebay and they didn't zip up. Now I'm using a pair of Dollmore Model boots. So yes, calf is indeed a problem.

Also, be careful with SD13-sized shoes. A pair of SD loafers I got from Dollmore were way too small. So it's a lot of hit and miss, I guess.

14. I think you misunderstood or I wasn't clear enough, but I was referring to the Dollmore shoes as fitting, not boots. For boots, some of Dollheart's boot should work. I do have a couple of boots I bought off ebay too, and they're really really tight on my boy, but they do fit.... fit extremely well that is. :sweat

Super Gem's foot size is about 8cm long, so any sd13 size shoes that measures 9cm and above should fit. :)

15. Some pics of Sadol Senior Delf clothes, as promised. :sweat

Shirt!
      Sleeves are perhaps a little shorter than I would want, but I was pleasantly surprised that the shoulders fit well.

[​IMG]

Pants!
      Not too bad, rather loose in the waist and again, a wee bit shorter than they could be (Sadol pants tend to run long for the sizes they're intended for, I find), but if you're like me and like to share your dolls' clothes around, this seems like a good happy-medium size.

[​IMG]

16. Nice! I just hate it when they're sitting around and their pant legs come up and they look like floods... Sigh.

17. Hehe... these have the opposite problem. Since the waist is loose and low, poor Ellis gets plumber's crack instead... ;D But that is perhaps easier to hide/ignore. XD

18. Just got to remember to pull the shirt down! Good thing they have nice butts :D

I think I went the opposite way in making clothes for them. I made them a bit longer and roomier.

I guess the other thing I think of when I see my boys in 'short' fitting clothes is hand-me-downs!

19. Two questions for you guys.

Do Leekeworld's L sized shoes fit male super gems?

Would pants for mecha angels be easy to alter to fit a super gem? Would they only be too long?

20. I'll put some Mecha pants on my SG tomorrow and let you know how bad it is