1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Male Clothing Guide

Apr 22, 2008

1. Thank you Kaeru!

2. Nope, they definitely don't fit. The last pic I've taken the waist in about 2 inches in the back to make it snug. There would have to be a lot of taking up in the leg area, which is relatively easy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Yes, Leekeworld L size do fit. :)

4. Kaeru - Oh wow. I figured they'd need some adjusting, but I didn't think it would be quite that much! Thank you very much for the pictures. <3

Aquarius - Yay! Thank you very much as well. They had perfect shoes there for a doll I have in mind.

5. Since I'm ordering my guy now, and there's not a pair of pants on the site that I'm happy with... I decided I'm going to make a pair for him. I just made a pair for my girl last week with pretty decent results despite my sewing machine hating me. x_x

I have a request!

Could someone, with a pair of pants that decently well on Super Gem Male get some measurements for me? Inches or CM it doesn't matter. Either that or get measurements on the doll itself?

1. Width across the waistband (I ask because I'm pretty sure it sits lower than the waist, looking at the pictures)
      2. middle of crotch (inseam) to ankles
      3. Waistband to ankles.

If there's no objections, and it works right, I can draw up a pattern and once I'm able to test it on my doll and get it fitted properly, I can post the pattern here if anyone would like to use it.

6. I ordered my first Soom Spinel! I'm so excited and I'm trying to prepare for when he gets here. Sadly I'm stuck in the hospital without a sewing machine and I am terrified that he will get to my house before I get there. He's coming from a shop in California. Eep! I'm so excited!!! The clothing information really helps!

7. The Super Gem measurements are all listed on the Soom site -> See the bubble in the top right side that says "Measurements". :)

8. Did anybody try fitting any of the Dollheart outfits on Super Gem?
      I'm very tempted to get one or two...

9. Though the measurements don't exactly give me all the measurements I'd need... like inseam and the entire length from hips to ankles. >_< It's good enough for finding pants online that will fit, but when you're making a pattern or making clothes you kinda need more precise measurements that's why I asked.

10. Inseam is 29.5cm, waistband to ankle is 36.5cm, waistline is about 26cm with a couple layers on. I'm sorry I couldn't get a more exact waist measurement on him, but I'm pinning the leather straps for his armor on him (with clothes on for fit) and it's a bit inconvenient to strip him right now.

My model is Adrian, a SOOM Super Gem Lupin.

Just also so you know, Iplehouse boy pants seem to fit Super Gems wonderfully - the trousers Ade is wearing in that linked photograph were made from an Adams-Harris pattern for Iplehouse SooRi, they fit him comfortably.

The shirt patterns you need to increase by about 10% for a comfortable fit around the chest, though.

- Mel

11. Thank you so much! <3 I can get started on some pants now! :3 I'll keep that in mind if I can find some pants second-hand. I don't really want to pay more than $20-$25 for doll pants. The ones on the site are really nice but they're way more than I'm willing to pay. Though I probably will buy a few patterns from Adams-Harris since they have one that I can mod perfectly for the coat I want to give him. :3 I'm just broke right now due to buying him and having to save money for bills. XD; I just don't want him to arrive and be pantsless until I have some extra money. XD

12. I am very curious about this as well. If you decide to get some outfits please let me know if Dollheart clothes work :)

13. I know immediately that Dollheart pants are too short. :( (My poor Sard is looking a bit highwater in his white DH pants at the moment...) I'm guessing that most shirts would be tight across the shoulders and/or short in the sleeves... they do not tend to be roomy.

14. Erk. Pity about Dollheart, since all I have waiting for my incoming Lazule to wear currently is the Dollheart High Profile outfit, a pair of SD13 Edendoll jeans and a custom-made hoodie (also for SD13), left over from my mostly departed B&G boy. :doh

Still though, this thread has been invaluable for helping me get a rough picture of what should fit on him once he's finally here. :aheartbea

15. :( Short pants is not that big of a deal since my Sard has perma-hooves. (there is no way im putting human legs on. But it's too bad they wont fit in the sholders. I wanted to get "blue blood" for my Amber boy and "Winter Walk" for Sard. Oh well...

16. Is the SD 17 sized clothes good for Super Gem men? I'm just wondering because I will be ordering clothes from Sadol and I need something to fit. Thank you~

17. Would Dollzone 70cm boots work or would those be too narrow around the calf?

18. Does anyone have info on what fits the long-legged types? SD13 long-legged? Hounds pants have the length but poorly fit in the waist is what I read above.

19. I have those boots and they are a bit loose, and large for my Dia boy, but imo they look fine.

20. I have to repeat that DH clothes don't fit. I got the Warm Dream (i think its called) for my boy and the pants are just a little short, not too bad, but tight in the thigh in a way i dont like, but they are the only pants i have that are actually long enough not to look completely ridiculous.

The shirt of the set did not fit at all, i could barely get it buttoned, it was way too tight in the chest and shoulders, and the sleeves were much too short

the jacket was slightly roomier, and the sleeves are an ok length, but its so obviously short/tight on the shoulders that he cant wear it

the long coat though works because its roomy enough (it had to fit over two layers of clothes so thats why haha) and the sleeves are long enough too

i really need to find some nice pants for him that dont cost an arm and a leg -sigh-