1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem Male Clothing Guide

Apr 22, 2008

1. Mimiwoo's boy converse fit! Also, if you can find these exact boots: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=360092559637&Category=84635
      These fit too. I tried them on my guy at a meetup, and they fit really well. They go on really easily. So if you're looking for knee-high boots for supergem boys, these will work!

I'm working on drafting a pattern using the James SD hiphuggers jeans patterns as a base. The ones I were working on based on site measurements and the ones that were given are too small. T_T Length and inseam are perfect but they're not wide enough for his thighs. So I need to add a few cm to the sides. But once I get a pattern that works, I'll go ahead and post the modified parts. There's like 4 parts out of the pattern that I changed, and that's the front, back, pocket lining and waistband.

2. Just got the boots in today, and they fit amazingly well. They're even roomy enough that I can squeeze his pants inside at least halfway. They wouldn't go over because they're almost like skinny leg jeans. So I need to make some wider ones.

3. bumping this up please, i need more ideas of where to buy clothes :[

4. Botflybaby: I've found that hound shirts work REALLY well. I've been buying hound-sized shirts from here: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5533576 and they fit perfectly. The sleeves are usually a bit long but he looks comfortable in it. n_n Most shirts that fit 70 cm should fit. But I'm not sure about some of the thinner-framed ones. But as long as it has a bit of stretch, it should fit fine.

As far as pants go, I can't really say... because I haven't bought pants yet. But apparently SD17 pants fit extremely well since Supergem and SD17 by Volks is the same height. Iplehouse's YID pants fit too.

Shoes... I think most 70 cm shoes should fit really well. But I've only tried two pairs on him sofar. A few pages back, I've seen it mentioned that 60cm boots tend to be too small around his calves. I'm using SD17 size boots that lace up in the front had have zippers in the back. They fit really well, and allow pants to be tucked in.

5. does anyone know if luts wigs will fit? i know soom says 9-10 but i heard dia heads are smaller than that (i have a dia boy)

6. My Lupin wears an 8-9 wig, and I don't see Dia as being too different from that.

- Mel

7. I have a Sard (basically a Dia boy) and he wears 8-9 as does my Spinel.

8. thanks a bunch! there are some wigs i want to get during the sale, so im happy that they'll fit!

do senior delf shirts fit soom boys? or would super senior delf shirts fit better? its hard to tell, i don't want the sleeves to be too short.

9. Senior Delf shirt sleeves tend to be a wee bit short, unless they were over-long to begin with. :/ Those Soom boys have such long arms! xD

10. I need a little help with supergem male measurements since my boy isn't available at this time. Can someone help me get measurements for these that would be absolutely wonderful:
      Shoulders
      Bust (man boobs)
      Underbust
      Waist
      Hips
      Measurement from the top of the shoulder to: underbust, waist, hips and finally the feet.
      Arm length- shoulder to wrist
      Measurement from the back center of the neck to the point directly under the bust

11. Wigs
      Purple-tipped brown synthetic mohair wig - 8.5 - Snug, and perfect fit. I don't know where I got it, sorry. This is the wig I prefer him in.
      http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt69/Mucilinda/Doa/IMG_1220.jpg
      Black short "feathered" wig - Dollmore, I think - 9.5 - this is so big it swivels around his head with just a touch.
      http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt69/Mucilinda/Doa/IMG_1190.jpg
      http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt69/Mucilinda/Doa/IMG_1194.jpg
      Monique Gold Label "Paris" style wig - 8.5 - perfect fit, but not as snug as the mohair one. He's having a totally Armand (Anne Rice's) moment here...
      http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt69/Mucilinda/Doa/IMG_1201.jpg
      http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt69/Mucilinda/Doa/IMG_1203.jpg
      Clothes: Dream of Doll's D.o.I. size, I don't remember where I got the striped pants. The jacket and shirt are skin tight. I had to put the shirt in the jacket then put the whole thing on him all together. The original black pants to this set fits but it's tight around the waist. When I sit him down the snaps on the waist opens. I don't know where the striped pants came from. I bought the striped ones for Elfdoll Wu (58cm) originally and they were long on Wu. I know they're originally for SD13.
      http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt69/Mucilinda/Doa/IMG_1216.jpg
      Sculpt: Spinel head + 67cm body, Cream white,

12. Woot! Thanks Faeriegirl!

13. Eeeei!
      *grr* why didn't they do it yesterday!! now the wigs I ordered are a bit too big. >_< (goes off to email Leeke if they can replace the size in the order)

14. The extra inch on Heliot's long legs might make the Dollshe Hound sized pants fit perfectly. :sweat I kind of hope it's not such a big difference because I agreed to trade my Sard body for a friend's Heliot body so now all of the SD17 clothing I have for my boy will probably be too short. :sigh

15. Well, dollheart clothes are actually not that bad. Trying on the Romance of Venus. The shoes fit very well, the pants are a bit too short, but otherwise fit very well, the shirt is a bit small in the shoulders and the sleeves are too short, but not really noticable. The vest is very tight though (darn, i was hoping it will fit well), but the coat is just right. Overall, i'm actually quiet pleased with how it looks. will post pics later

16. Just because I noticed, the Dollmore SD - Buckle U Shoes (said by Dollmore to fit Dollmore Adam [SD Boy] and female Model Dolls) do fit (Size : 9.7cm * 3.5cm) but they are hard to get on and almost painful to remove. They look fabulous on him but I'm always afraid of cracking them or pulling off my guy's foot when trying to remove.

17. i have those buckle u shoes from dollmore too, they are hard to get on, but they fit without socks, they are hard to get off too, i kind of messed up the backs of them in my struggles :\