1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM Super Gem Spinel discussion

Dec 5, 2007

1. He really kind of does look like Ashton Kutcher, but he didn't look at all like him when he was blond and stuff for his first released with Emma. xD

Now that I've seen his faceup for this I don't like him as much. I think its his eyebrows and eyemakeup. I don't know...

2. The Special Set Spinel was listed as being 65cm tall.

3. *__* ~ he's the perfect height~ perfect perfect ~ And soon NS matches volks pureskin right?

All the possibilities....

4. I always heard that Soom NS matched Luts NS... :/ I wonder which it is because if he'll decently match my 2005 Breakaway head, I think my boy will get a new body.

5. i always thought soom NS matched CP. :0

6. i really wanna know, is his face actually carved with a butt chin (no offense meant, it's a very handsome chin, i just can't find other words to describe it T T I really like it) or is it the make up and his chin is actually just normal shape?

gah...65 CM? TVT i was hoping he'd be taller than 70 cm. but he is using the mecha angel hands? wouldn't it look too big on him if it looked just right with the 80 cm?

7. I think it looks really good....at least in the pictures.. XD

I don't think they are the angel mecha hands..? but a smaller scale maybe?

8. 65 cm eh? Bummer, that's a bit too short for me. Still, amazing body... :XD:

9. I was hoping he will be taller then my future Ipsae but I guess not,,,

10. Well, I'm GLAD he's 65cm. Anything above that is just too tall and ends up looking awkward to me.

11. I think the hands look somewhat different from Mecha Angel, but honestly I dislike both and hope he will come with normal hands. Exept for the chin, I like his sculpt, but I liked the first makeup the most, not much of a fan of painted beards :| Otherwise his body is really nicely made. And I quite liked the melancholic expression. I am almost wanting one if I could just sand down his chin... and convince Arolin it would be ok:roll:

12. I noticed his vein on the forearm too. I think I'm in love. For the guy I have in mind, jointed hands will come in... handy (pun so not intended).

13. I definitely plan to get Spinel. I love his dark, brooding looks. That bod is really hot too!

14. I got a reply to my message on their Q&A. I found out that Spinel has peanut-joint elbows (aka double-jointed), and the four-stage locking knees like the Mecha Angels have. Also confirmed that SOOM themselves say their NS resin is a good match to Luts/CP NS resin.

15. Will he come with regular hands as well, I'm really not into the jointed ones?

16. yeah, because while i like the jointed ones (for poseability), i don't think i could afford it if it adds $150 to the price tag.

at least not for now. D:

17. If you look at his listing, the jointed hands is in an optional drop-down menu. I think he will come with regular hands no matter what.

18. Prince.....Thats all I can see, prince look-alike. Would be terribly handsome with out the mustache and just the beard/5 O'clock shadow.
      All in all: *melts @ hands, pretty facial features, and smoky face-up*
      <3 on my wish list now I think...

19. Second this... He looked so much more pretty and charming with the natural faceup, funny how the entire personality of one sculpt changes. Please do not look like Prince! (Or The artist formerly known as Prince, *insert symbol*, err huh?). I am sorry, I just always pictured him as a weird midget. I must either convince myself of that resemblance to save money, or simply claim Prince would be a MSD and grab the chance to buy another doll.

Anyone seen their release event? If you purchase Spinel 11th - 25th December, you will get a 50% ticket for the first female super gem! Only wish they would release pictures of her to see if it is worthwhile, I hope she looks very very different from Mecha Angels Vega :|

*takes another look*

His body is rather nice, but there are still a couple of worries... am I the only one thinking he sort of... has breasts? I also think the "vein" on his lower arms look awkward, mostly because it is "cut off" at the joint. But he is still a beautiful doll, I think his lips looks like those of Namu, and his belly is very pretty. I also think the body overall is interesting, looking more "sculpture like" than most.