1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM Super Gem Spinel discussion

Dec 5, 2007

1. yeah, they don't. I should have been contented but I find the SDFs still too short-_-... (so I was UBr-01 vs I'm looking at Spinel's lower torso division now... yum~~)

aww >_<... *rolls around the floor in color-matching agony*

2. mikagami>> yeah, i wished the SDF body was taller too.

at worst, i suppose you could blush the abadon head to the soom NS colour. ^^;;

3. or i could blush the Super Gem body 0_0 to match SDF color.

anyway, we'll see (when i finally get around to buying him!). thanks, kiradyn~~~

4. Guys you are incredibly cruel!! You like someone for who he is, not just for his body!!!! :p:lol:

Anyway I really like the face as well, so I will be probably be getting an entire doll and don't try to mix and match...if only Soom would answer my question on their Q&A board...

5. mikagami>> uh, blushing an entire body is gonna be a lot more work than just blushing a head. and the body parts/joints are going to get rubbed a lot, so the blushing is going to fade and chip unevenly very easily. not worth the trouble.

6. since soom NS matches Volks pS....o_O does that mean that CP matches volks as well?

7. ai_kazi>> maybe it means that the resin for spinel/super gems is a different shade from that used for the normal gems? kinda like the delf vs senior delf colour difference??

because CP sure doesn't match volks. o.o

8. I asked them and Soom themselves said their NS is a good match Luts NS. Which means it would NOT match Volks because Volks and Luts/CP NS are on different ends of the spectrum.

I also asked if they had plans to sell the body seperately or do it as a Christmas-type kit. There are no current plans to sell the body seperately, and they said they will do another good promotion on the Super Gem at some point in the future.

9. I'm super muddled now because I remember reading somewhere that a few people mentioned Soom NS is a good match for Migidoll heads (which is the same colour as Volks). You don't think Soom might have gotten confused and meant Luts Realskin instead of Luts NS? *_* I hate resin matching argg

10. If you search here in the DOA forums though, there are lots of people stating the resin match between LUTS NS and Soom NS. Far more references to it than it matching Volks actually.

11. Thanks Kurosakura! Well, no body seperately yet, but perhaps a kit in the future would be wonderful. I don't mind doing my own stringing, ect. I wanted to put a minimee head on that body, but I'm wondering if the white skin for minimee would match the whiteskin for soom.

12. How do you think an Elfdoll K head would look on a Super Gem body? I like Spinel's bod but not his face =.="

13. At last Soom answered my question:) I think I am ready now to make my purchase. I am trying to gather the strength needed to push that button...I have bought so many dolls and still every time I get a new one... I get the same feeling when sending the money...

14. What's your question anyway, if i may ask?

as of buying Spinel, go go go:lol: ! so we may see Spinel's glory in the flesh~~~

15. Well my main concern is costums...I hope you get what I mean because I don't feel like opening a subject like that here.

Anyway I just ordered him!!!! He is going to be in BW:D I didn't get bjd hands, because they remind me of skeleton hands somehow!! Plus they are a bit pricy and I must get him some clothes!! I was aiming for a 70cm boy, so I sold almost every SD13 piece of clothing I owned...

16. Augh~!! I just read on the Q&A board that they're not going to release Dia (super gem girly) until Febuary!! >_<

Soo...guess the event is bust for me, I want to know what she looks like first, and I have other dolls that I planned on getting first...(I'm starting to like Spinel more the more I look at him...in some of those pictures I would swear he's a dolly version of my boyfriend....o_O;; )

17. Well if she is released in February that gives you more time to save money ;) I think it's a good thing:) I was thinking about it as well.. how will she look? She is not in my plan, I mean another girl is not in my plan atm but we will see what will happen when she is out...

18. darkangelxix>> unless she means to jump onto the event and get a spinel now so that she can get dia at 50&#37; off??

19. Yea, that's what I meant...Sorry, sometimes I don't pick my words carefully enough and I confuse people..^^;

But what I meant was, because I have another doll that I've planned on buying I don't want to get a Spinel right away in this event because we're not going to know what Dia looks like until Febuary...For all I know she might end up styled like the Mecha Angels...x__x (Sabik's ok, but I personally don't like the other two very much...) And while I want the body, I don't know that I would really keep head or not...(like I said, I'm liking him more now...but I don't want to inflate my boyfriend's ego too much..XD)

The more time to save money thing is good, just not if I had wanted to jump in the event. ^^;

20. Asked Soom a couple of questions about clothes, shoes & wig fitting him & this is what they said:
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      "Regarding your question, our Super Gem type is 65 cm tall, and they fit most of SD13 clothes shoes & wigs. I think the legs of Super Gem are a little longer than SD13".
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooh... he is so *Dreamy*. Sounds crazy, but I see a lil +~Criss Angel~+ in him. :chibi