1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM Super Gem Spinel discussion

Dec 5, 2007

1. I giggle every time someone says he looks like prince- I think it's the outfit and hair. I never noticed it until someone said it. He is very manly, though, and looks so very good with facial hair- which is exactly what I've been looking for. :D Manly bearded men are kind of a rarity in BJDs, and he's a wonderful example of them done right. :aheartbea (That Soom matches Domuya resin is a bonus for me, as I already have one at home.) I'd like to see more done like this- he reminds me a bit of a Minimee in the semi-realism aspect.

2. I was comparing some measurments and he looks very close to Unidoll Jase rather than SD13.

3. He's really perfect for a character. :)

It's good that he's not going to be as large as a Mecha or even a Hound. 5cm does make a nice height difference at that size.

I don't plan on ordering him any time soon though. I can't wait to see some owner pics. ^.^

yume_no_kareta: I agree with you about the other two Mechas. Hopefully Dia will be a softer and more feminine addition.

4. I'd love to see him in some different faceups.

5. That will happen definitely, because I did order a custom face up for him:)

6. I am curious about the looks of Dia, I wish there was just a insywinsy sneek peek? I admit that the coupon serves as another excuse to order Spinel, but it would be nice to know if it is worthwhile, as I have 3 dolls before shipping and really should wait :lol: ... to be honnest, I think the female Mecha Angel looked completely awful, and not even like a girl :? Most other Soom girls are so cute, so who knows... I really liked the first version of Spinel, and I do sort of really want to buy a BW one and turn him into a gothic bookworm... He does have a remblance to Sabik..?

7. I was very surprised at how the Mecha Angels look, even Sabik, they're in complete contrast to Soom's normal style...>.>; I'm the same towards Sabik as I am Spinel, I didn't like him too much at first, but every time I look at him I like him a bit more...^^;

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens...If enough time passes before they put up just the body for sale, maybe I will end up with a full Spinel. :sweat

8. wow, first Spinel in the house ^o^! be sure to take pics of him and show them to us, honey (preferably with other resin *smirk*... just want to see if the Soom resin batch has changed for him)

i really want a Spinel, but my priority x photostory list requires 3 dolls first >.<...

9. I really wish they had pictures of Dia..to know if it's worth it to order him now. He's perfect for the boy I had planned. But I planned on getting him later because I'm waiting my girl's shipment- so I need to get her clothes and eyes and such. -drools- Darn you SOOM!

10. Oh! Can't wait to see him!

11. I will definitely do that!! My fiance has ordered a digital camera for me as a Christmas present, so I am going to make a good use of it. I am afraid thought that my comparison pictures won't be of much help, because I will only have Spinel, a BW Urethane Limhwa Human and a BW bambicrony:sweat I guess I can do a comparison between the BW tones of each company:lol:

And of course I will do many close ups to show you how he looks with a different face up. Although you have to say that he is really versatile because this one looks totally different from the previous version.

As for the first Spinel in the house... I am under the impression that there was another person who got him from the first event, but maybe he has not arrived yet.

12. Surely November Monthly doll Spinel LE should have been shipped to owners by now? I want to see him in that face up! >_<

13. Someone in another thread said he was supposed to start shipping on the 15th. If that's true, I'm hoping that people will start to have theirs by next week and will take pictures for us. I really want to see some owner pics. I've been thinking about a more masculine boy for a while now and I could really see him sitting beside my girl. ;)

14. I wonder how tall the female Super Gem will be and if she will resemble Vega since Spinel resembles Sabik... ah well I can still drool over everyone that gets one.

15. Curiosity got the better of me in the end, Spinel is ordered and the rest is history ^-^. He&#180;ll be Cream White and come with the jointed hands - Gods know I couldn&#180;t resist that option.

16. Me too. I hope we can see her soon. I think I will buy her with the coupon if she's what I'm looking for... :sweat. I was thinking in buying another doll but I already changed my mind LOL

17. He's beautiful. I really am in love. He's one of the only dolls I've seen that aren't my Minimee that I really really admire. Does anyone have any idea what the standard hands might look like? I love love love his body.

18. I've got one of the limited Spinels on his way to me, hopefully he'll be home by next week. :dance

I can do comparison pictures with Dollzone NS, Elfdoll NS, and Aod NS if anyone is interested.

19. Yes, please do and let you know how clothes work with him.

20. The limited Spinel came with regular hands, if you scroll down this page there is a pic showing them:

http://elfdoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=675

Ah, I think this version of Spinel is so pretty :D