1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Trachi & Lami Discussion [April MDs]

Apr 6, 2011

1. Come onnnnn Soom!
      Want to see that little red one better!
      I mean, I know I'm ordering.. there's just no way to say no to RED RESIN, and such a cute little face!
      Gotta make my little fire fairy!!
      I just want to see the faceup/blushing and see if there's any other secrets we haven't seen yet!
      Plus I want to see how that cute little face will look in red!

2. Soom is tricking us: distracting us with Trachy so we do not realize that it is they who are really the devils. >:I

I actually haven't been all excited about a whole MD for awhile. This is very new for me. I like the Monzo styled horns. Maybe Monzo is the daddy and the baby-momma is coming next month. Or two months down the line after that.

3. If they made a giant red girl I'd be SO screwed, and I already think I'm going to have one too many Super Gems once Nephelin arrives (just Cuprit here at home right now).
      So I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that nothing too amazing happens in that department xD
      I think a little red teeny gem would keep me happy anyway! Plus easier to paint!

With my Taco, I'm going to paint her body up myself (which is going to be a task) then send off her head.. so I think I'll end up doing the same with the little red devil.
      Though I wonder if I'm going to use the devil parts.. hmm.. though even as a fairy, the devil horns will work!
      After all, Taco is going to be a dragon ice fairy soooo xD

4. Fairies are cool. I just want a doppelganger. :B

Nephelin was such a beautiful doll; I wish I could have bought the whole girl instead of just her hands. ;w;. If a big red devil girl pops up, I'm screwed, and if a big red devil man pops up, I'm even more screwed, because I just-so happen to have a certain character in mind who neeeeeeeeds ruby red skin, and who I've been itchy to make for awhile as a doll. I may as well add devil horns while I'm at it, if they release a big boy like that. >>;;

A part of me wants to just wait and see if they'll release the big one, instead, butttttt...

What if they don't? Then I'd really miss out. D:

This is such a dangerous hobby. ;x

5. ROTFLOL! "Dangerous Hobby" is exactly the word for it, if DOA ever needs a subtitle, that should be it. ;) I'm just wondering if they're going to release soon, or at the end of business for them, some of us need sleeeep! :( Ah Midnite, I'm absolutely dying to see your concept completed, little fire and ice, eee! :D

.hlp

6. Oh, heidipay, I think you are the absolute deity of Soom MDs. I've seen you order practically every single one. How do you manage, and how many first-born children did you sell to do it? ;)

I wish I'd also gotten the little blue one, but I'd much rather have a bruisey, red little....thing. I'm a predictable person. Between crows, ghosts, and...ghouls, really. Still not up yet! *refresh, refresh, refresh!*

7. Lawl! Well, I just moved them all, and I concur, I have waaaay too many Soomies, but they are all safe and sound, whew! :sweat The answer is not first-born children alone! It's also the maaaaagic of layawaaaay! :D

Aw, lovely and burnished red, like a coal with some heat in it, no? I'm quite happy to see some photos, Soom, don't let us down now! ;)

.hlp

8. Arghh what if they don't release them until Monday? Nooooooo!!
      Come on Soooooom!

9. ohhh god please release today instead of monday... monday will kill me X\

10. I know!!!
      I've been sat here all day refreshing on and off just waiting for more pictures!
      19:30 here (and in Korea) so they still have time!
      At the least I'd like to see another teaser picture to keep us going over the weekend!

I mean.. I'm pretty sold here already, but the suspense is killing me!!!

11. Well if I totally fall head over heals for them once the pics are released I have to decide who to sell XD So yeah ... I really need to know XD Gota a feeling it's gona be monday though ... They always take their time when I'm dying to see them XD

They just showed so much in their teaser pic that I'm convinced they are hiding something!!! Call me paranoid XD

EDIT - so will it be monday do you think ? That we will see the rest?

12. 21:10... at this point I'm starting to think Monday... ;___;
      Still hopeful though!!!

13. I don't know if Soom meant this but the first moment I read Trachy I had to laugh, because in German dragon is 'Drache', which is similar pronounced like Germans would prounouce Trachy- except for the y and e of course. And a 'Drachie/Drachy' would be child/baby language for 'Drache' ^^ meaning baby dragon. My first thought had been well Soom better have called Taco or Dolomi Trachi. ;)

I'm so sad that they aren't released yet. But there is still hope, York had been released very late too. Had been around 14.30h German time then. Maybe we are in luck with those tinys as well.... I'd hate it to wait until Monday.

14. Tehe! :3 I thought that too when I read the name. ^^
      Don't want that they will be released on Monday... >___<

15. Ngh, I go to sleep and wake up and they still aren't released. How awful. ;)

heidipay: Well, on the bright side, at least you know what you like, and have many fine dolls to boot, too. Soom can be a fairly dangerous company to reckon with. And with all the dolls you buy, you probably get to use all your fun points with them, too, right?

Unfortunately, red is my favourite colour. By law of Me, I simply have to have such an attractive colour to look at sitting around me at all times. Trachy would match my couch, among other things.

Eriskegal: That's probably it then. A lamia and a baby dragon. Those are good root names as any, and very suiting for little angry rockers or whatever their names are supposed to imply. I'm always fascinated with root words and meanings. Language is just too awesome. And in the end, alot of the monthlies have meaningful names in that kind of way.

Except for Taco. All I think of when I think of taco is....is....welll....tacos? Yum?

Unfortunately guys, we miiight be stuck until Monday, unless someone at Soom secretly plans to update over the weekend. Maybe we'll be lucky.

16. Ohhh they are cute :D i kinda like that "surprised look head" :D but the heart shaped pointy tale is pure LOVE!

17. they are up......

18. ugh I'm so tempted... I haven't LOVED a Soom since.. Silt. But Lami is SO cute *_* I love how the skin is pink rather than normal~
      ugh I can't stop thinking of how a Lami would go with my Silt and Ai...

goddamit. and I said I wouldn't be buying any more dolls...

19. Could anybody here tell me how different between 'Human body' and 'Neutral body' please?

20. AAGHHHHHHH *runs screaming to the website*

edit: VAMPIRE HEADS. I AM DOOMED.

I'm gonna go dtart the process of ordering one. =_=. Curses. If they release a big boy later, then, well... 'the magic of layaway'....right?

Besides, I getv a tax return, soon!

Ugh! Tinies! I thought I'd never buy one of those horrible little dollies. ;x

editedit: Hey, if you order a wig, do you think they'll let you switch for the other model type wig instead? I'd rather have the Lami wig than the Trachy one. I have too many brunettes.