1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM's Monthly doll for August (Leo): IO Wind Walker DISCUSSION

Aug 12, 2008

1. He's absolutely gorgeous. I'm terribly in love with his face. :aheartbea It's incredibly sweet.

2. I'm with Enki... His face has won me over. But I do not want any parts of the outfit (or if there are optional kitty parts - do not want those either). I will definitely be looking to split this boy, in case anyone wants all those strange little bits. I just want the boy!

3. Once again the talent and creativity of the Soom artists is on display. I'm not tempted because he looks too young for my wishes, but the idea is great!

4. This is the first Soom doll I have ever wanted. He is so cool looking and if he is a nice tan color oh how I am so sunk! I just have to hope he costs to much. LOL

5. Oh I would take the Kitty bits would be adorable on my Poppy as she thinks in her head she is a cat, this would work great for her storyline! If you buy him let me know so we can work out costs on my end.

6. I want to see more pics of him. I like his face sculpt very much. I love those lips. I did ask Kelly if you could get the faceup without the war paint.

7. cat feet would make my day! and tan...really it's almost a must. please, soom?

8. He doesn't look very tan to me, but I bet if he does have cat feet, they'd be spray-painted in a tan fashion. :3 That would be so cute.

Man, the dolly gods are against me this month. Hoouf. I feel like I just got ran over by the dolly train!

9. timchener>> i'm inclined to believe that this year is just a terrible doll-year for me. x_x in terms of expenditure.

10. Yes. A thousand times yes. :( *laughs* But damn, if we don't love the abuse, right?

*eyes SOOM very speculatively*

11. timchener>> used to be that LUTS (and by extension, Fairyland, since it was CP dolls in general that were killing my bank account) was the main killer.

looks like i've got to watch out for soom now as well. ;~;

12. Since last years monthly dolls are different I would assume next years would be as well. Would defeat the purpose of limited dolls if they offered them again, now wouldn't it?

13. OMG HE'S GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And complete with a Herculean style lion outfit!!!!

Thank goodness my bank account is depleted. Or I'd be in serious trouble.

Too bad it wasn't a female though - I for one would have liked to see that.

14. It's always the companies you would never suspect! SOOM flew like a stealth bomber under the radar and blew us all away... I don't know how they managed to create such beautiful dolls, especially when their prior ones were just... okay. These Super Gem monthly dolls and Mecha Angels were pure genius.

I wonder how SOOM, as a company is feeling right about now. X3 I'd be pretty damn proud if I were them!

15. Ah, I'm glad you asked, cuz I was about to :)

16. timchener>> new sculptor, perhaps? might be the same way/reason why LUTS' newer delfs don't thrill me as much as their older ones, though with soom, it'd be the reverse of that situation. ^^;;

but yeah. these dolls, they are made of absolute WIN.

17. Mmm Rex on SG body....the more I think about, the more I want him....but....no money :'(

And yeah, Soom really sneaked up on us!

18. i'm not sure yet if this is a doll i actually want or would just looove to oggle.
      i am really liking his tribal outfit- it gives him a certain presence. as much as i want to start singing the lion king tunes, there is still something about his whole look that is more sexy than i-just-can't-wait-to-be-king comical.

...i think i may just want his outfit- any one already want to do a split with me? XD

19. I agree. He just looks like Sard with red stripes on his face. :/ I was really looking forward to a lion girl, but I guess they're catering to popular demand. I guess we can expect Virgo to be the cliche virgin girl, then. :roll:

Oh well. At least this way my money is safe from Leo and (probably) Libra both! And I can concentrate on possibly getting a Saiph. :D

20. kiradyn_rhiode: That would really explain the amazing sculpts. They're definitely unlike anything they've ever produced before. I think making this switch to the new sculptor (if that's what they did) was an excellent decision on their part.

Mannn... Need more pictures of this boy!