1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sooms new Elemental Babies! (Speculation)

Feb 27, 2009

1. They may just keep them in the order they were originally released.

Beryl & Sard
      Onyx & Bix (Not sure that this works very well.)
      IO & Topaz (Good match)
      Euclase & Vesuvia (Pretty good match.)
      Heliot & Amber (Inseperable!)
      Deneb & Vega (They don't match other than being originally Mechas... and I have to wonder how Deneb's outfit would translate to tiny size! :?)

Or not. :sweat Heck they may not even all be tinies. I am really looking forward to (dreading) what they do next month!

I am rather curious about Cuprit the God of Dark Kind that is mentioned in Glot and Glati's story. I wonder if we might be seeing him as part of the 2nd Land?

2. It's interesting to wonder what the 2nd Land will be, I admit my powers of imagination have failed me a couple of times, where Soom is concerned, ROTF! I think the main thing concerning the 'going in order' argument was the fact they didn't start with Deneb and Vega.

Which stands to question, what will they do with Deneb and Vega? Like I said earlier, I don't think the two of them 'go together' just because they're both Mechas. Soom may entirely disagree with me, and obviously they win. :lol:

But I remember in one of the, like, 1000 or so posts in the Tinies thread on Glot and Glati, someone speculating that to 'downsize' the two mechas proportionally, they'd have to 'merely' go down to Gem size, LOL! I thought that would be quite clever to see. ;)

Oh, and regarding the costume, I think they turned Beryl's little flirty corset into adorable, they'll be able to turn Bix and Vesuvia's leathers into kawaii, and I have no doubt that if they do a chibi Deneb of any kind, she will be sugar-coated goodness, clothing-wise, as well. :) But I hope she has an oversized sword, LOLOL! :D

.hlp

3. I really hope they do all the monthlies in chibi form... I really want a chibi bix!!! oh a little chubby claw would KILL me! :D:D:D

4. maybe a silver dress with a swirly design??

what do you think they will do for the dolls with two heads? pick one? or offer a both?

i hope they do both. like with heliot for example, a dreaming head with horn and a normal one. (with a horn? maybe they wont have an option for human parts, since these babys dont have human feet)

5. I think:

Darkenss is Glati/Glot
      Air is (Euclase - Heliot)
      Earth is (Topaz - Amber)
      Fire is (IO - Vesuvia)
      Light is (onyx-light)
      Water is (Vega-Bix)

I want to see a chibi IO or chibi Euclase *o*

6. I think people have made great predictions for the pairs so far, cant really add anything to that. Though I am surprized that Soom ended up not releasing Glot and Glati for a two-month order period. I was really expecting them to slow down a little with production but now, with 6 elements planned and the precedent set for two dolls per element, they have essentially doubled their production for six months. *_* I reaaaaaallllly feel for the people who are doing the grunt work in the studio, hoo boy.

I want a Glati to be a chibi of my Sard, so bad (I squee out loud every time I picture a baby version of my badass red n black zombie-fleshed Fallen Angel XD). *L* But I think the truly dangerous one for me might be chibi Heliot. I mean come on.... HORN NUBBIN ANYONE??????? *_* And if they make chibi Io.... imagine the tiny little lion paws they could put on him instead of hands. And chibi Topaz? Delicate little see-through chubby baby hands and baby fish lips??? That could kill you with the level of cute.

As far as second land.... I hope they're MSD size. Mainly so the MSD collectors out there can get a slice of being Soomed. Theyre the only ones who have remained safe thus far, we have to drag them down with us. X3

7. If they do a heloit chibi i will cry XD
      it would so fit into my story XD

8. I was thinking that they started with the first signs of the zodiac rather than starting at the end, like they did with Deneb and Vega as Aquarius and Pisces. Next month should give us a much better idea of what to expect.

Tiny badass Deneb with a huge sword would be awesome!

Actually, Glot and Glati do come with human feet.

It will be interesting to see how they handle the complex Monthlies. (assuming they are doing them all.) Onyx was available in two colors... would they do two color options AND two heads for Onyx and a tiny Bixlet in yet another color the same month? Combining any of the more complex non-compatible Monthlies sounds like a nightmare to deal with, even if they are tinies!

I'm thinking they will choose one head and one color for each. I wouldn't be surprised if they do some simplifications and design changes here and there, too.

9. Unless next month is the start of the 4th Land, which would be a break on wallets, maybe, but draw out our speculation considerably. ;) But a big ole 'yes' on the sword. The more I think about it, the more I think 'want', LOL!

Wasn't Io available in NS and WS? Beh, too lazy to look... But yes, I was thinking they might have to tone down certain concepts, because do we really want to see an Onyx delay again, in miniature form? :shudder On the other hand, I'm sure people are already hoping for a mini-Onyx in one color or another. We'll have to wait and see.

But on the two heads front, I agree with you totally there. I don't know which head we'd be getting, but I suspect it will only be the one. ;) And maybe we should be looking at the sculpts more closely, if they plan to double-up on heads like with Glot and Glati, to see whose heads might match, month to month? *_*

.hlp

10. Actually, this is the 4th Land, so I'm hoping we start in on the 2nd Land (and it doesn't appeal to me at all) next month... because if it alternates, I might actually be able to do layaways on some of these adorable little guys!

It might be that they're looking to do similar-looking Zodiac dolls as the new 4th Land dolls, but it might also be that they started with Glot and Glati/Beryl and Sard because they could do the same head mold and it would let them catch up... again, I guess we'll see. :)

11. There was somewhere some speculation that the 2nd Land dolls might be MSD size which would be interesting. Perhaps some of the more mature dolls will be done in MSD size like Bix and Vega.

Though I have to say, I'm REALLY super hoping for itty bitty Euclase and Vesuvia! I like the tiny Gem size a lot! And I like the price tag a lot too :)

12. I do hope that with whatever they come out next in the teenie size that it won't be too convincing to try to save up for nearly the full set....Soom....offer clothes and options that I could happily replicate myself to save money plzkthx!
      I really would like to collect all of them.

13. Soom really gonna ripped me off with all these MD tinies :doh

I'm waiting to see a chibi Topaz and Io...
      Hopefully they'll come out when I'm not so broke :sweat

14. I think IO is wind, Vesuvia is fire, Amber and topaz are earth, air is helios (wasnt he the messenger of the gods and had wings on his boots? might be mistaken though). Onyx not so sure where to put her maybe light

15. Hmm, wow... >: I would be so sad if I had to wait a whole year to see the water versions! I'm really interested in seeing little jointed resin tails, but I was wondering if anyone here could explain to me what the different numbered lands meant? D:

It'd be amazing for them to release a pair a month, but that's quite a workload... D:

I'd be surprised if they continued to do it, because they're already backlogged, aren't they?

16. If they make a tiny Amber, I am so screwed.

17. Agreed... I only collect tinies and I've been admiring and loving the Soom monthlys thinking "thank goodness I'm safe..." and now they're dooming me! XD

I'm already getting Glati, but I'd definitely have to get Amber too! She would make SUCH a cute tiny!!!!

18. I had the most crazy dream about getting my new Tiny and it was a Soom Heliot, just like the bigger version only Tiny and soooooo adorable, he even winked at me with his cute little horn on his forehead, it was so real. I hope they release him in this size too, wants a baby Unicorn:aheartbea

19. LOL! I'd love to see him with a little nub of a horn, and Amber with tiny little nub horns as well. Since Heliot's horn isn't removable and hers is, it'll be interesting to see how they handle each one. ;)

I also wonder how they'd handle the Bix arm and Vesuvia tail, will there be extra body parts, or only the one option for each doll? So curious! We'll have to see if it'll be another pair released at the end of the month, or if it will be the mysterious 2nd Land. :?

.hlp

20. Don't know why, but I think that this mysterious 2nd land dolls are going to be either dolls in MA or in Gem size. Soom doesn't offer any MSD sized dolls yet and as such I do not really expect them to start with this size in their MD series.