1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sooms new Elemental Babies! (Speculation)

Feb 27, 2009

1. All I can say is...unicorn fluffy baby. Does want. D:

2. Yeah I can save up for a hawk baby! Woot!

3. Guys I'm really scared lol. That's a lot of possible "must have" dolls there. Especially the tinies. All I know is I better start saving like as of now. XD;;

4. Augh, so which order is the way it's going to be? D=
      Either way it looks like the two I'd want (chibi-IO & chibi-Euclase) are next to each other...but at least now we know (I think we know?) that they will be alternating the Super-Gem 'god' (I think that's what it's saying they are? @__@ ) of each element with the 2 babies assigned to it, so I have some breathing room between them. XD

5. ...thank god for the breathing room...(Not really intrested in Super Gem)...breathing room!

6. Wow... I wasn't even thát off... The only 2 I mixed up were Io and Bix :)

7. oh u guys gotta go look at the soom md story..
      i think they just put it up..
      and all ur questions would be answered..

http://www.rosettedoll.com/soom_img/md/MD_story.html

Darkness: Cuprit, Beryl, Sard, Glot, Glati
      Fire: Chrom, Vesuvia, Bix, Hati, Skoll
      Water: Cass, Deneb, Vega, Eliv, Iv
      Light: Sphaler, Onyx, Heliot, Beyla, Bygg
      Air: Galena, Topaz, Euclase, Yrie, Alk
      Earth: Chalco, Io, Amber, Afi, Ai

Those in grey are not released yet..

8. Oh thank god Earth comes last... those are the ones I want the most and now I've got time!! HAHA!

9. oh lord! must finish paying off Glot & Glati because if chibi-Vesuvia is next i will NEED HER. I will also need to name her "Serqet" to go with my Egyptian theme so far.

... and of course chibi-Euclase (but that is clearly way down the line) would be "Har-pa-khered" since that means pretty literally "child-version of Horus", with Horus being the hawk-headed god.

D@MN YOU SOOOOOOOM! ::shakes fist::

10. hmm but i wonder if they will release them in this order..
      who knwos if they decide to just jump to the water element first and i will be so dead for i want a mermaid baby

11. I thinking that I won't be able to resist a baby Amber so I'm glad it looks like she may be a ways off yet.

12. OK, one to buy next month, then skip 3 months, then one to buy every other month.... I am glad that is all set LOL LOL

Cannot wait to see Chibi Bix

13. Hmm... I don't quite understand how the table works.

I spy Hati and Skoll (I almost DIED when I saw their names on the board, you have no idea how looooong I've waited for Soom to release Hati and Skoll, but I never thought they actually would!). Anyhows... I noticed Hati and Skoll are in the same color band as Glot and Glati... which leads me to think that they'll be tinies too. Actually, I'm praying to the bjd gods that they'll be tinies. I can definitely buy both if that's the case, but there's no way I can afford two Super gem sized dolls if one costs over $1000 :...(

Oh please, please make them tinies... I MUST have Hati and Skoll *_*

14. I am DYING for the tiny Vesuvia! I'm going to get her, tiny Euclase and tiny Amber!!!!! Squee!!! Maybe NEXT year we can look forward to tiny Cuprit :)

I might be in danger when tiny Heliot comes out, but I think I'll be able to resist! *fingers crossed!

I already have names picked out! Is that wrong?

15. Maybe someone should ask them if they plan on doing more tiny size MD's, if so I am definately safe from buying Cuprit. I just don't have room more any more SD size dolls.

16. Good news: None of the dolls I'd want are coming up until....*counts the releases*...around fall? More time to save!

Bad news: ALL the dolls I'd want are coming out in the fall. :...( Not just the tinies, but the new Super Gems too!

WTT [Soom Dolls] for [My Dignity] PST :(

17. so from my understanding they will release the tinies (the double grey in the bottom band.) and then the large MDD (the grey on the top band) in the order of the chart! in a rotating manor. so they just released Cuprit...so maybe next they will release Hati and Skoll? or maybe they will just go in order and release Chrom first...but i would gather the tinies first...and then the large ones.

[​IMG]

I took the liberty of screen capping the chart. i found the engrish a little hard to read and get through. :)

18. Is it actually confirmed that the tiny sets will be mini versions of the MDs, or will it be more like miniature spirits based on the elemental theme? Obviously Glot and Glati were easy to make tinies of the larger Beryl and Sard, but some of the pairings aren't that clear cut. And Hati and Skoll makes me think they'd be wolf-themed in some way, though that isn't necessarily the case...

Not that I wouldn't die for tiny MDs just like everyone else, I just wonder if it's too soon to confirm it :sweat (I'm waiting and hoping for a little Amber though~)

I'd also really like to know if they're going in the story-listed elemental order or the one listed on the MD pages, it seems the only one for sure would be Light in August/September, the other elements' timing is different on each.

As far as speculation goes, Beyla and Bygg (Byggvir) are apparently servants of Freyr in Norse mythology; Afi appears to mean "grandfather"; and this is probably totally reaching, but the old Norse for "alka" is apparently etymologically related to the German "Meervogel", which means albatross--being as Alk is one of the Air tinies, that would make sense (and perhaps relate to Euclase?)

19. As well, I think that Alk and Yrie are going to tie in with the Norse Valkyrie myth somehow. It would make sense that they follow the same kind of thing as Glot/Glati vs. Beryl/Sard. So, Euclase and Topaz being Air, then they'd probably have a mix of fairy/bird.

It's hard to tell because it's nice to think that there would be chibis, but Sard and Beryl were so similar to begin with that it was easy to make two associated chibis that look the same.

And I'm really crossing my fingers that Hati/Skoll are wolves. I would DIE for a chibi wolf BJD. Or two.

20. oh! u mean those names that soom used for the dolls actually have meaning to them?!
      i always thought they just make up names for em >.<