1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sooms new Elemental Babies! (Speculation)

Feb 27, 2009

1. Oooh, yeah, I like the idea of Alk and Yrie being Valkyrie related XD (It also makes more sense than my speculation, hehe)

I'm sure some of the names are just made up, but sometimes they choose to reference mythology as well ^^ (And of course all the Super Gem MDs have been named after gemstones)

2. If you look at the Cuprit Images it looks like Mini Amber and IO are next, who knows for sure though :3

I'm dying to the the Amber mini!

3. i do hope baby vega and topaz would be butt ugly ..just so my wallet would be saved

4. Well I can confirm that we are going to get lots of teenies over the next year (which we now already pretty much know anyway), but the teeny versions of last years Zodiac dolls is still a little vague.
      When I suggested it to Soom Lady (as I can the woman who runs the store here xD) she didn't really know! As of yesterday before the full Cuprit pics were released, she didn't even know what her bottom half looked like. Seems they don't tell her very much, or perhaps Soom don't know what they're doing xDD

I suspect they'll make tiny versions when they can. (if they look similar enough)
      But, as they haven't paired off dolls in obvious ways (like Heliot and Amber would have been easier to produce together, just as sticking odd skin colours together would have made more sense).
      WHO KNOWS!!! xD

At any rate, Air and Darkness are my elements of doom!
      Darkness, I ended up with a full set Glot and full set Cuprit.
      If Air is in fact mini Topaz, I'll just HAVE to have her.. and if the God type figure is a female (which she will be if they alternate between male and female, with either of the possible orders) and some kind of fairy.. I WILL BE IN TROUBLE!
      Then the other one I'm worried about is Fire. I liked Vesuvia a lot.. and the idea of little PVC/leather clad babies just KILLS ME WITH CUTE! Thankfully though if the new order is the way they're going, Fire is next and therefore the god should be a boy. I don't do boy dolls so, that makes me safe!

Personally I'd like the new order to be the way they're going, cause that would put air right at the end of the year!
      The worrying thing though is that, we all treat these elements as if they're going to be mini versions of prior dolls. So we say we're safe til whatever month. BUT WHAT IF THEY CREATE ENTIRELY NEW BABIES!?!?!?! We'll be at risk EVERY MONTH!

Fearrrrrr xD

5. I hear ya... especially since I potentially want all but about 2 of these little guys. DAMMIT.

6. wee_little_faerie>> i see a fellow sucker for pretty mythical creatures! hahaha~

7. Its probably not that they dont tell her...its just that shes just a retail person. she isnt part of the design team. it makes sense that she doesnt know. Less people that knew...less chances of things leaking out of the design room. :)

8. haha yeah! They tell her pretty much nothing, I guess cause they want to keep what they're doing TOP SECRET!! :D

9. It would be nice to know what order they will come in. So I can plot and plan. =) Although I hope they do make some new ones instead of just making chibi of last years stuff.

10. It's our user names, it can't be helped!!! :lol:
      Yeah... I think I'm soomed.

11. I agree! If they're making chibis of last years dolls, that gives us SOME idea of where our money will be going.
      IF though they're making entirely new ideas (which is also likely because it's going to be heavy production for them to produce a mini grey skinned taloned chibi Euclase at the same time as a pale skinned transparent resin Topaz!), WE'RE DEAD! xD Cause basically we have no idea what's coming up and what's going to tempt us! :?

Still, I too would like to know the order so at least I can plan based on the sort of things that have come out in the past. Like I know that Darkness is a big draw for me (hence why I ended up with Glot and Cuprit).. as I suspect Air will be and maybe Fire.

WE'LL SEE! I suspect by the end of April we'll know for sure!

12. Ugg. Waiting. I'm not used to this sort of waiting... yet. :sweat

If they release a mini Amber... she will be mine! :mwahaha and I will be a very happy first time doll owner. (I reeeally hope I can just stick to one....)

13. I'm curious about how Hati and Skoll will turn out. In Norse mythology they're the wolfes chasing the sun and the moon across the sky. Maybe it'll be a wolf-theme :) Or maybe they'll just be tiny versions of vesuvia and bix...

14. Do the names of the current monthy dolls mean anything? Do they match up to their meanings?

15. After some googling, Sard, Beryl, Glot, and Glati all seem to have something to do with minerals.

As for Vesuvia, she could be a feminization of the famed Mt. Vesuvius (which would also relate back to why she's in with Fire). I'm still in the process of going through Wiki's extensive list of volcanoes to see if I can locate Bix.

EDIT - Deneb/Vega are totally named after stars.

Also, Bix seems to be a 'nickname' for Bismarck, and there's a range of mountains in Papua New Guinea named Bismarck. Still searching.

EDIT2 - Hati/Skoll is only turning up the Norse legend, but there's mention of the sun god holding his chariot near a volcano, and Loki's desire for what the volcano contained caused him to sic the wolves on the sun and the moon.

16. Super Gems are named after gems and minerals. Vesuvia is named after Vesuvianite, a gem that comes from Mt. Vesuvia and Bix is off of the gem, Bixbite.

17. So the names might not have anything to do with what we get. At least this month we'll find out if they are going to do two of the same sculpt each time. I don't know how their sculptors keep up with this.

18. All I know is I'm dead if they have a chibi Vega :D I saw pendrithgirl's gorgeous boy at the weekend and I was like "OMG IF YOU SELL HIM I WANT I WANT!!!" haha :XD:

I can't wait till they release them all :D

19. man, i really hope they do one at a time for the tinies (i doubt it though) just so i can afford both. I've paid of only 1/2 of Glot & Glati so far and i need some time to recoup my finances! if they release both next month i'll only be able to get one of them ... unless i find a spare $500 under the couch cushions ....

20. a chibi Vega sounds incredibly appealing hehe. I'm looking forward to the little Io awwww