1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom's Original Minigem Girls: Uyoo, Aren and Garam

Nov 27, 2005

1. linakauno your Uyoo is sooooo beautiful with that wig. :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea

Here's Amaryllis in one of her new outfits. She really needs a new face-up, an new wig and new eyes. Both wig and eyes are on their way.

[​IMG]

Dustbunnie

2. She's very pretty; don't you just love these girls?

3. Has this been mentioned?

The Alice in Wonderland (which was on clearance at my Toys R Us) fits PERFECTLY, even the shoes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. She's gorgeous in that dress!

5. I should probably post a picture of my Uyoo Amaryllis with her new hair, eyes and face-up.

Wig: Tinybear Custom Colour
      Eyes: Lauschaer turquoise
      Face-up by me.
      Outfit by me
      Shoos: Juju's Dolly Mall

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dustbunnie

6. I hope I found the right discussion thread... I want to get a Mingem Uyoo Elf, but she would be my third BJD after only discovering the hobby in February. A major influence is clothing, for me. I pay for my dolls by sewing for them, and I'm wondering if there's a market for clothing. I love how beautiful she is, and her mature body! I need to raise $200, though, before I can buy one. If enough people pledge to buy some jeans and dresses, though, I could order her on loan. ^^; Someone is selling one here, and I want to make an offer before she's gone!

~AK

7. Hmm. I honestly don't know about there being a market for Minigem clothing. I always just buy my Uyoo Barbie clothes since they are cheap and easy to come by. Barbie has the worlds larges wardrobe.

Now, if there was a reliable seemstress that sewed some very different designs, I'd deffinately contemplate purchasing.

8. I can finally post my Absynthe faerie.( It took me a long time to get her look, but now I'm happy with her)
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

9. Nice job. Did you dye her?

10. Yes, with liquid Rit dye.:)

11. She's beautiful... Her feet look small, though, like, too small. Do they seem out of proportion, or are they good? I don't have one yet. ^^;

~AK

12. Um , well they're the same as her hands so could just be the angle...( Think Barbie size)

13. Finally made a new dress for my Uyoo, Eudora.

Wig: Kemper
      Eyes: Yeux de Poupée
      Face-up: Default
      Dress, stockings, jewelry: I made them
      Watch: War Toys
      Shoos: Ixtee

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

--Andrea

14. i don't have mine either, yet, but from photos, they seem kinda like obitsu (27cm) feet to me. those feet look awfully small when bare, but they look good in shoes. because the shoes are so thick compared to real ones.

i think with barbie it's the same, except obitsu have the bending ankle and most barbies (except the ones with molded-on ballet shoes) don't.

i would think a fairy would have tiny little feet, though. ... like bugs' feet. for landing delicately on plants and stuff. so i wouldn't worry in either case.

@ DollsAhoy, i already commented this pic in flickr, but she does look so great with her new dress (and hair), out there in the nature (^_^)

15. my Uyoo has arrived (yesterday). yes, her feet are almost just like obitsu feet, kind of small and short but wider than most barbies'. doesn't bother me cos she immediately got some cute sneakers (from BFC ink fashion pack).

16. My, this thread is quiet. But please meet my Uyoo - she dates from 20006 so she is on the old body, but I love her anyway.

[​IMG]

17. Your uyoo is lovely!

I'm happy I found this thread. I have an uyoo too, and I love her to death! I will have to take some pics of my girl and post them here.

18. Thank you! And please do post photos of your Uyoo - there don't seem to be many on the forum

19. Grrargghh. It took me a while to find this thread! There's not enough love for Uyoos, now is there? :C Though every time I take her to a meet, people comment on her quite a bit, as she is such a different size to most dolls, and you barely see any dolls in meets that are her scale... :c

But here's my Uyoo- she's the Sparkling Forever MD from 2007 I believe, but she has had her face up modified a teensy bit as it was a bit too blushed. :3 Both of the wigs pictured are made by me (the white one can only be photographed from certain angles as the stupid weave was done with BROWN thread...) and most of the stuff you see on her is my handiwork as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So how is the fit with the barbie clothes on the bust/waist department? Because atm I only have one pair of barbie jeans for her and everything else is made by me. Mainly because when I tried this one fancy dress I had for my barbies, it didn't fit her very well, so I just decided to never buy barbie stuff for her. I'm not quite sure if it was 'official barbie clothes' though, as I have an inkling that it may have been a bit weird size for my barbies as well... O.o

Also, has anyone else actually taken the time to separate her fingers? Because I was crazy enough to take the challenge on when I got her, and she was my FIRST doll... xD Went very well though, and now her hands don't bother me anymore! Because they were grating my nerves by looking like barbie hands. Nothing wrong with barbie hands, but I just couldn't deal with them on my little darling. :3 I was a bit scared though, as they were not selling any parts for her so... one wrong move, and my girl wouldn't have had hands!

20. I just ordered mine! My first BJD in tan as a Christmas Kit with a stringing tool and a carrier. So exciting! But now I have to wait three months to see her...