1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom's Original Minigem Girls: Uyoo, Aren and Garam

Nov 27, 2005

1. Oh congratulations. I'm hoping to order a tan Uyoo too before the kits go away.

Dust - so nice to see photos of your lovely girl. She's a real beauty; I love her with long straight hair. (And I also LOVE her dark fingernails - a gorgeous touch on a doll this small.)

My Ula has a new gown that she is wearing against a snowy backdrop.

[​IMG]

2. Tide N Thyme: Thanks! :3 I don't take enough photos of her I'm afraid... The white does look good on her, but unfortunately at this day and age she is supposed to have her hair bright red! And the fingernails was again one of those things that I just had to do so that she would be her~ xD

Oh I really like the fabric you chose for the dress! It looks lovely on her!

3. Will a 4.5 wig fit Uyoo? Denver Doll has this "shaggies" line that I think would be perfect for her character.

4. If it helps, the wig my Ula is wearing in the photo above is a Monique Roxy in size 4. It fits perfectly, so 4.5 might be a bit big - or it might be close enough to work, depending on fabric and whether you use a wig cap. I don't think I have a 4-5 to compare though (and I find that different wig makers measurements vary a bit anyway). I'd love to know about the fit if anyone else has a similar one.

5. I've just realised I never posted photos of Ula on her horse here. (She's wearing a silkstone barbie outfit)

[​IMG]

6. Hi. I have a question. Are the uyoo and aren girls the same size? If so, please can someone give me their measurements. I am specifically interested in aren. Thanks.

7. Uyoo and Aren have the same body. Their measurements should be on Soom's website. Other than that you could try DOA's wiki. I am waiting form my Xmas kit blank tan Uyoo to arrive impatiently. I have read they are similarly sized to Barbies and will hopefully fit the Barbie patterns I got to make her clothes.

8. Leo Pheonix: thank you. Im really looking forward to having her.

9. I paid for mine on December 18 and won't get get her for another month. I'm getting impatient!:...(
      Once I have her I get to figure out how to put her together and learn how to do a face-up... and she'll be my first BJD! (Unless what I ordered from Dollmore two months later shows up first!)

10. My Uyoo has been shipped!:fangirl: My spring break is the week after next so I might get to put her together then!
      EDIT: She is at my house now! She was shipped 2/28. One week until I get to see my first BJD!

11. I received my minigem Aren and she is so cute. Leo how are you liking your Uyoo?

12. Chrystal, she is a beautiful doll! I have never had a doll with such lovely hands and feet. Even without a face-up yet, she has a beautiful face. Putting her together was a bit harder than I anticipated because the stringing tool I got from Soom was too big to go through her limbs. But I got her assembled with a crochet hook and a piece of craft wire. She came with Glib blue eyes, and has been wearing those while I wait for her other ones. The blue just doesn't work very well with her tan skin. So when I am home again she will have better eyes and wig. Though a 4.5 might be a bit big...
      Added: she is between a slightly older barbie and a stacie in size, so I will have to custom make most of her clothes.

13. Hi Leo, I am loving my minigem Aren and find it is a real challenge making clothes for her as I am not used to making stuff for small dolls. I have named my girl Nia.

14. And I've just had the notice that my tan Uyoo has shipped! Interesting to see other people's experiece with stringing her - it will be the first time I've strung a doll from scratch.

In the meantime here's a photo from February of my ns Uyoo welcoming my Asis faery home

[​IMG]

15. I got my Uyoo glass eyes and a wig from DDE. The eyes are 'golden bear' and the wig is a Shaggies 'fawn slash' even though I ordered (and the order slip says) 'bear'. The one I got looks pretty good on her, except that its way too big. I will try to sew it smaller. The 12" size boots I got from Dollmore fit pretty well. So this is Blaze!
      [​IMG] Sorry for the bad pic, but its the only one that will work. Eventually I will join flickr, make her some clothes, make her wig fit better, and take some better pictures!

16. It's a pity Soom basically ignores this line in favor of the fairy types. Especially since they once promised a male minigem. (Don't feel like paying for fairy parts I'll never use!)

I still have a Quite Rabbit Uyoo and my Aren - bought her secondhand and don't know which faceup edition she originally was:

[​IMG]

There's a seller on ebay that periodically comes up with a bunch of gowns that are reasonably priced and fit the minigems fine.

17. Somebody asked for the measurements, I found these:

Soom Mini Gem
      Height: 30cm
      Head: 10cm
      Chest: 14cm
      Waist:
      Hips: 13cm
      Arm Length: 8.5cm (no confirmation)
      Leg Length: 7cm (no confirmation)
      Foot Size: 2.5cm
      Eye Size: 8mm
      Wig Size: 4
      Neck: 4.5cm

18. My girl is supposed to be a desert dwelling fire mage. Pretty gowns don't quite work for her. For those desiring a male Mini Gem, check out the non Asian BJD Lume Lights. They make mature men and women in the same scale.

19. Yeah, I finally ended up with a Lumedoll Koit for my little Aren.

20. Clothing wise I like the Liv clothes - I find them better made and less sparkly than barbie and more casual than the ball gowns that people seem to sew for this scale. Both my girls on the previous page are wearing Liv outfits. I don't think they would work for a fire mage though!