1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom's Sweet Melody of June: Eliv & Iv (MD)

Jun 26, 2009

1. I find their mer-legs an odd choice. : / I was looking forward to seeing the new MDs, but I guess in the end it's better that I don't like them because the wait for my Glot is really starting to get to me, I don't think another 4-6 month wait on a doll would be much fun.

2. really? :o
      I'm not very familiar with what volks molds are which, but thats pretty interesting ^^;

3. Anyone think we might be getting more pictures tonight?:)
      Or are Soom going to be incredibly last minute and put the June MDs on sale the very last day of the month? (aka tomorrow!!):sweat

Who knows when I'll be able to order anyway as the Japan site hasn't even put up teasers yet.. but I really want to know for sure I'm getting her so I can sort finances and stuff!
      Pictures please Soom!:)

4. i have finally been soomed :Sweat i may have to use their layaway funtion for one of these cuties <3

5. As adorable as they do seem to be with their so sweet expressions, will be happy enough with my Glot and Glatti. I am officially safe for this month (and it was so financially necessary that I am). :sweat

6. I'm thinking their gonna milk it xD

7. I'm thinking you're probably right!!!:lol:
      Past midnight now and nothing.. so looks like it's going to be tomorrow.. perhaps at 23:59? xDDDD

8. I think they are super adorable too. I do think they resemble Volks Hinata expression wise but I do think Soom's is a unique sculpt.

I think certain expressions are popular and the big companies sculpt their own rendition of it.

When I first saw Eliv/Iv that's the resemblance I saw, similar smile to Hinata

Fairyland's Flora also resemble's Neon's expression.

I think it's the expression and eye shapes, the big companies gauge what's popular and produces dolls with those features.

9. I thought they look like a grown up Puki Cupid more than anything else... which is why I am so drawn to them. ... I'd want to see more pictures soon! Hurry hurry!

10. i too was paying far too much attention at the feet to even notice the "shell" ears!

and is it just me or do the "feet" look like flowers?

11. It's not that I'm disappointed because I don't like them - I love them! Soom is so creative! But I would have loved a Soom mermaid... Maybe they do have 'real' mermaid tails, maybe that's like a 3rd option... Legs, 'transformation legs' and a 'real' tail... I mean, some people wouldn't like a tail because they wouldn't be able to stand, so 3 options would be a very good idea, right? They would be water-themed and able to stand anyway? It would be awesome! :)

12. Oooh yeah that would be great!:fangirl:
      That way we could have the mermaid tails and the fishy feet!
      Seems though they might include a Vega-esque fabric tail though rather than making a resin one, just because all those parts might be a lot of work!
      Saying that, Soom has a habit of giving themselves extra work so, who knows!:sweat

13. Am I the only one going completely insane waiting for Soom to put up more pictures?!?!:...(

I remember when Chrom was released, people were practically going nuts waiting for more pictures to be released.
      Perhaps this is a sign of how popular (or not!) these babies are going to be?:sweat

14. I was one of the insane ones that was refreshing the page every minute, waiting for more pics of Chrom lol.

I really am suprised that no pictures have been added yet. Prehaps they did give everything away with the feetsy pics. Very un-SOOM but maybe they didn't want a past repeat of Hati & Skoll. Everyone was so disapointed with their wolfy bits :(

It's nearly July though ... they have to be put up for sale today. They just have to. I really wanna see more of these lil cuties :)

15. Well, if you look back on the older MDs, Amber, supposedly the January doll, was actually released February 3rd!:o
      I hadn't realized this until just today. This basically means that they might NOT put these 2 up for sale today. Apparently the concept of a June doll being sold in June is lost on Soom!:lol:

A possibility is that they're going to wait until Chrom goes off sale in Japan too.
      Today is his last day, which would mean they won't put Eliv and Iv up until tomorrow at the earliest.

But really, WHO KNOWS!!!:lol:

Personally I'm hoping for another little surprise! WEBBED HANDS/ARMS PLEASE!!!:D

16. I'm going to sound REALLY insane here (which I am xD) but, Eliv and Iv have now vanished from Soom's site!
      This means they must be updating with new pictures well... NOW!!!:fangirl::fangirl::fangirl:

17. Hahhah, I was actually coming over to mention that... I won't be buying these cute little water babies, but I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of them and seeing what people do with them. ^_^ But they are in fact gone from the site at the moment.

18. Is this the way it usually works? I don't think I've ever caught the exact moment when the new pictures go up... seems weird that they'd delete the page instead of just updating it!*_*
      Got me wondering that maybe they've decided to take a break on MDs after all.. but then they'd have probably just left the teaser up so.. HMMM.