1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soul Doll Tera Zenith Discussion Pt. 1

Nov 16, 2015

1. NEVER ALONE! Do not get your finger caught and not have help... That happened to me... lost grip finger caught twixt head and body... took me a while to find a tool to be able to pull the hook and get my finger free... took 2 week before i could feel the end of that finger again and it hurts every time anything in the weather changes lol ... bad... heating pad aches, bad >< ... the little warning tag is for a very REAL VALID reason lol... 2 ppl is a good plan if your name is not Conan/Arnold lol...

2. I have a question! I posted this in the Zenith thread by accident, but I'll repost here cause it's where it's supposed to be. I saw someone say the Limited Henry sculpt is based off of Lee Dong Wook. Now, looking closely, there is a HUGE similarity, but the nose on profile is quite off and would have to be shaved down. Did Souldoll do this on purpose? I know they have some dolls look like celebrities on purpose apparently, but I'm wondering if it really was their intention to make LDW sculpt as the nose IS off. Does anyone have any info? Maybe they changed the nose for the legality?

3. I just ordered a Cratos from Souldoll and I'd love to see even more owner pics. I've got to get busy making clothes for him--well, okay, an outfit for him.

4. @nonniemous Your wish is my command! lol
      A little blurry, but my hands and fingers were feeling frozen after only a few minutes outside.
      Congratulations, and happy sewing!

[​IMG]Miklos - SD Cratos by aernath, on Flickr

@xkelpiex Sorry, no idea on the Lee Dong Wook similarities. But it wouldn't surprise me if he's the look they were going for.
      I still swear Onulharu was another K drama star... Il Woo.

5. Oh, thank you! Miklos is scrumptious! I'm working on some ideas for clothes, but unfortunately a couple of my other dolls have demanded attention in the meantime. I'm so very excited about mine arriving!

6. Ever bought an outfit and then went ... nope can't do it... looks silly (when you see it in person)... Then one day you get the nerve to possibly make your poor boy mad at you and stuff him in it only to discover... it fits his character? O_o... Oz (Oscal) is part fey, not even he knows how much or nesasarily what kind of creatures blood he carries... but his unusual height and beauty mark him. I swear I did not thing this would look anything but ridiculous on him but... lol oh well

[​IMG]P1020475 by J L, on Flickr

7. LOL! He looks like he really likes it! How fun!

8. Soooo....Between being massively busy at work and then just general real life, it suddenly dawned on me that my Cratos should be about ready to be shipped from Souldoll. Except my order still shows "processing." AUGH! The last two times I've bought from them, however, the dolls just showed up at my door--for one I even got a shipping notice after she arrived. I popped in here to see if anyone had any comments on waiting, only to see the forum has been very, very quiet. :-) Ah, well. Still waiting...

Also, are most people posting in the Zenith thread? There seems to be a lot of crossover between owners of Zenith and Tera Zenith.

@Lady Tiku, I have had outfits like that! Your boy looks awesome in that outfit, and it does have a great level of insouciance that would fit a part-fey guy.

9. I panicked and put a Zig and a Klaus on two lay away orders. Gonna be a long six months!
      Anyone else order?
      Nonniemouse, are you still waiting on your Cratos?

10. @aernath Your cratos is so handsome, he reminds me of a young Gael Garcia Bernal. I wish I could get him but alas, I think I'll have to pass him by

11. OH, it's been such a busy summer, I forgot to come back here and post! Yes, Skandar did arrive, and he's such a handsome guy! I love the size and weight of him, and he's so beautifully sculpted. Here he is with his "temporary" faceup at Resin Rose in August:
      [​IMG]

He's eventually going to get a "real" faceup, but my friend did such a beautiful job with this one, it may be a while before I send him in for that. I've been to busy to do more than just make the shirt and pants he has on, but I'm working on a tunic and pants for him now. I'm also still looking for that "perfect" wig. I like the look of this one, but I want a darker color. I also need to find him some more period appropriate boots.

If you hadn't noticed, Souldoll is discontinuing must of the Tera Zenith sculpts, including Cratos! I hope this doesn't mean they will discontinue the dolls themselves.

I have to ask, did you close your Etsy shop? I went looking for it and couldn't find it a couple of weeks ago. You do such lovely work!

I do wish we could combine this thread with the Zenith thread;it seems to have a lot more activity and a lot of the same people.[​IMG]

#311 nonniemous, Oct 1, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    12. Omg, seeing your guy just made it all click for me! I needed to see him with a non-default faceup, to remember I love his eye shape, and then I remembered who it is in my mind that has those eyes: Genjo Sanzo from Saiyuki! Huzzah! Now I know I need a blonde wig, and an outfit, and a gun....! Yay!
      Thank you! I have been bothered by not loving this guy as much as I should, and now at least I have a good plan!

Yup, closed up shop. Went six months without a single sale, and with as much as I was paying in taxes, not to mention just the frustration it added to doing the taxes....ugh. It just wasn't worth it in the end. But thank you for the kind words! And you can always feel free to request a shirt. I can certainly do "favors". ;)

13. Huzzah! Happy to help. I look forward to seeing what you do with your guy.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that! This hobby can be so frustrating that way. And awesome! That's reallysweet of you. (Though i just bought one of my flesh and blood spawn job interview clothing, so the resin crewe is going to game to wait their turn. )

14. Hee hee hee flesh and blood spawn....hee hee

15. Finally finished an outfit for Skandar. It's a trial run--and of course I fell in love with the texture and color without thinking about how the fabric would drape at this scale. *sigh* Oh, well. Also, does anyone have the measurement for just how much shorter an EID superhero torso and legs are than the TeraZenith's? I'm also curious as to whether or not the TZ's thighs (about where the mobility joint is) are larger around than the EID superhero's.

[​IMG]

#315 nonniemous, Oct 8, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    16. I will see if I can remember to check that for you later today.

17. okay, how about later today? lol
      The torso lengths are actually about the same at 21cm from shoulder to hip. It's all in the thighs. The EID superhero thigh is about 17cm and the tera zenith is 21cm.
      The torso width, however, is all superhero. It's about 2cm wider everywhere.
      The thighs are very close, the TZ is about 21cm around (at the mobility spot), and the EID is 21.5cm.

Quick n dirty shot indoors.
      [​IMG]SoulDoll Tera Zenith and Iple EID superhero by aernath, on Flickr

18. @aernath you are always so helpful with requests. I had no idea the SD heads were bigger than Iple heads, I always read about how tiny SD dolls are compared to other dolls in the same size range :O

@nonniemous your Skandar is very beautiful, I think his faceup is amazing :) Im glad I preordered the Cratos head now I can see how versatile he looks so good. I really love the color palette and how his eye color is a good match to the colors, I genuinely wish to see more of him posted

19. Aernath, that is FABULOUS!! Thank you so much! I'd noticed the bigger torso circumference for the EID Superheroes; I've been comparing measurements that I could find online. But no one here has any of the EID guys, so I couldn't get any of the torso or other lengths. That thigh length difference is kind of amazing. (Sorry for the delay getting back; work is super busy right now.)

@GreenTeaSlug, thank you! I cannot take credit for Skandar's faceup; the amazingly talented Allison Wonder wanted to "play" with him, and this was the result. He may never get sent off for his "permanent" faceup! Though I should add some eyelashes. The eyes are the stock ones that Souldoll sent with him. I adore the color. Cratos seems to be a pretty versatile sculpt, even with those dramatic eyes. As for more pictures, your wish is my command! :-) Here he is vamped out back when I first got him:

[​IMG]

20. @GreenTeaSlug, one more! This is a prototype outfit for him; it needs adjusting. But this is the look I'm going for:

[​IMG]