1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soul Doll Tera Zenith Discussion Pt. 1

Nov 16, 2015

1. do you have an etsy or something? cuz we may need to chat lol I want my tera boy to fit in with my iple ppl and they are predominantly dressed from Carved Heritage and the 'hunter' type garb. and if i ever get a spare set of hands in the house I can do a group shot of nude refernce shots of model, hero and tera. but i need helpers to keep them safe. the EID model stuff is best fit in shoulders and upper chest but the tera has a tiny waist compared. I should drag out my freedom teller tailored suit to see how the pants fit. (only ones i have that are more fitted). but my tera wore most of the Crow outfit. the poofy sleeves let them be long enough and the short pants were hid by the boots.. i do think they were a tad snug... no sitting if i recall. Leonard's full set vest was Oz's first clothing.

2. @Lady Tiku, LOL! Oh, thank you, but you think far too highly of my sewing skills. I can make things look good on my dolls in pictures; that's about all I can do. I love the Iplehouse Carved Heritage outfits; those are an amazing look. Have you checked out Sartorial J on Etsy? She has some nice stuff-though techiically it's not fitted to Tera Zenith. It is EID, though.

3. lmao not sure who but someone at SJ used to work for iple LOL (I've done my home work... i know where at least 4 or 5 former Iple ppl are now XD). I'm waiting to join a group thing for a HID version of one of thier sets as it is. Iple's are my core group of dolls... My Oz's first outfits were Carved Heritage stuff.

I also panic at the thought of sewing on a button so you skills are leagues above mine.

4. I ordered Zig and Klaus heads too, but... now I want to sell them, unfortunately. I have too much heads without body and too less money for them :c

5. Awww, that's too bad, but I totally understand. I have been neglecting all my dolls the last couple of years and am thinking the same about all the floating heads I have around here!

6. Figured it might be fun to revive this thread. I just finally ordered a body for my darling Klaus head, he's been headless far too long. Has anyone seen the new Telesthesia & Dragon 75cm body? It seems to have a lot of the same measurements as the TZ body. I'm dreading trying to find clothes for this big lug but its about time he's gotten a body.

7. if the body is close enough you can get some Iplehouse EID clothing that fits... pants are too short but even short boots hide that and sleeves that a a bit full on EID are just right for TZ's... I'd try some less pricey stuff from Etsy that is made for EID... might even be able to request add length to pants. The TZ waist is way more slim/small. but the shoulders are EID size... you can see how that translates to the T&D numbers...

8. Oh, sorry, I should have specified. X.x I purchased the TeraZenith body for Klaus, but I was hoping perhaps the Telesthesia Doll clothing might be a close match since their bodies are pretty close in size. I knew about the EID fits from this thread and some other research but beyond that, I haven't heard of much else that fits him.

9. ah kk. I have the original version one full set and 'Rob'?... the long coat that the bottom zips off of...and the dorky set with the flower that oddly suited my boy... anything else he wears is Iple. I am not familiar with the other company at all.. i avoid 'new' ones like the plague. Only way to save my wallet and the mental torture when I can't afford stuff LOL

10. Im getting really excited that Henry is going to be rereleased on August! Im surprised that constantly requesting and sending them screencaptures of people wanting to buy the head/ asking about it paid off eventually lol

I wish sandy brown was an option, but its better than nothing XD

I do like the Tera Zenith body for Henry, and since I really love Daydream's head - but wish for it for another body, this would be a good chance to get Daydream too since he isnt available as a head alone purchase. Im grateful its a long order period and their generous layaway plan lol

Who else is getting Henry in August? Does anyone else want to get him in sandy brown? If theres enough interest, I might pass it along to souldoll and they might consider it, but realistically it doesnt seem like something will come out of it. It doesnt hurt to try though, specially if theres a lot of interest for it I think.

11. I am also getting a Henry head tho I have to ask .... Are there any other bodies at ALL that will fit? I mean...15 cm neck?!? Souldoll really goes out of their way to make sure you have to buy their bods lol I want 65 cm body honestly. But I think I'm out of options

12. Don't quote me on this, because I haven't seen it in person, but someone was saying that Telesthesia and Dragon's 75cm body with the 13 cm neck has measurements very close to Souldoll's TeraZenith. To me, the 2 cm difference wouldn't work, but I haven't seen it in person to say how bad/good it is. I will say that most likely a TeraZenith head will not work on any 65 cm body I have ever seen. They're rather large heads with rather large neck holes compared to just about every 65cm doll I have seen.

13. @xkelpiex I dont trust those measurements, I just took my Soul Doll Tera Zenith Cratos and checked. I also checked used Zig and its the same, I got them last year so these are new.

Here's Cratos on Idealian 75, no gapping and fit perfectly (it was annoying to remove the brain piece and attach a hook lol)
      75cm
      Neck is listed as 13cm
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Zig on the Dollshe 28M, no gapping and fit well, perhaps a bit on the tight side
      70cm
      Neck is listed as 13.5cm
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Zig on the Iplehouse Muscle body, no gapping, fit well
      65cm
      Neck listed at 12cm
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Zig on Iplehouse Model body, slight gapping, but acceptable range for me
      66cm
      Neck listed at 11.8cm
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Even though Iplehouse Superhero and Model were listed as 12.8 and 13.3, they did not fit. The top of the necks were to big for the head to sit properly on them. Even though the SID bodies have thinner necks, their tops were bigger so they fit the head properly, but you can see the top of the neck of the muscle body poking slighly, the holes on the heads (where the head meets the neck) is big, but their jawlines are thinner, so even though it fits, it will slightly show unless you mask it with a wig or sand it slightly smaller. Some fit, but the body proportions feel off to me, for example the SID model, even though it fits, looked off because the proportions of the face needed something with wider shoulders in my opinion.

Dollshe Mystic was very bad, and neck is listed as 12.5cm, I did not take a picture. It was not an acceptable hybrid at all, no matter what modification or wig is used.

#335 Diemaru, Jul 20, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    15. Ooooh, so a 12 cm neck should fit then!! That's great news. Now I just need to do digging for resin matching

16. Wow, those comparison pictures are great! Thank you for doing the research.

It's nice to see this thread with some life. :)

And just for fun, here's my Cratos, Skandar, in that gorgeous SD outfit they released earlier this year:

[​IMG]

17. @Diemaru I will once I get back home tonight, its a very nice body and I think the hybrid works :)

@xkelpiex I think it depends on which body it is, because Dollshe Mystic is a 12.5 and it looked horrible, I did not take a picture because theres no saving it.
      Iplehouse works because their necks are like mushrooms if you can imagine it, the top of their necks are much bigger than their regular neck. Iplehouse SID Muscle in the picture is 65cm by the way, so maybe that will work for you?
      I think 13cm would safely work for him, that size is "just right" for the head. I think maybe Souldoll measured the base of the neck which is why its 15cm.

@nonniemous your Skandar is what actually pushed me to get Cratos XD He's the only one ive seen out of his default faceup and I loved the soft look you gave him, that gentle expression

18. :wiggle
      Ah, that's right! Happy to help enable another BJD Fiend, er friend. :wiggle Hard to believe it's been a year and a half since those conversations. But life intervenes, and I haven't had much time to be here--not to mention I have too many projects!

Have you come up with a look or theme for your Cratos? I saw that he was still blank in your photos.

#339 nonniemous, Jul 20, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    19. @Diemaru I took some pictures for you, one with a wig, and one without so you can see how he looks and maybe it will help you better
      [​IMG][​IMG]

@nonniemous lol Its so difficult when every other week its "new release" this "limited edition 3" that, and the focus immediately becomes on how to get enough funds and calculate if the doll is "worth it" etc, and now with the pandemic going around, its become more difficult to mail out, or mail in (... I miss EMS prices, companies have been really nice and told me they would hold my packages but its been that way since March, and I felt bad they had all my packages taking up space so I suggested Ill pay for DHL ... it makes me weep that its 3-4 times the regular EMS price, but at least they will be here soon, I had no idea I had accumulated so many dolls..... :( )

Im hoping to dye him a dark olive tan (iplehouse real skin)! Im going to dress up him and make my own version of Captain Hook. I have the hook from the carved heritage series, and will be sanding the neck slightly down to make it more proportionate. I havent decided if I want to dye his head, or airbrush it, but I do like that with dye, I wont have to worry about it chipping. Its such a beautiful and under rated head sculpt