1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Aku

May 10, 2008

1. That special pink one is to die for. I've been going to buy an Aku but have been procrastinating. I'm disappointed that all the kitties out there are white. I want a pink one. Pink Aku is exactly what I'm looking for but there's no way I can go to the convention. Sniff. I wonder if they will be for sale if there are leftovers.

2. catsy, From what I read in the news forum, it appears as though SoulDoll will be giving some of those
      LE Aku, to people who buy the other LE dolls. Not sure though, maybe I misunderstood that. But,
      if it's true, and there are only 50 of each, I doubt they'll have any left over.

Good luck, I hope you are able to get one in the end.

- Enzyme ^_____^

3. I saw the pink one, its so cute!!! Wish I were able to attend the convention, but, oh well. I don't really have the funds anyway. =/

Still no shipping notice for my little guy. Hopefully in the next week or two. My parents are taking a loooong vactation two weeks from now, and I don't want to have to listen to them yell at me for buying a "baby toy". :(

4. Juxian, Yours is really cute, I love the blue eyes he came with!
      Did you order your Aku from SoulDoll? Mine didn't come with that
      plastic thing on his face...U___U;;;

Congratulations, your Aku is beautiful, it's nice to see one with
      the brown blush as well, I think I've only seen pink-blush so far.

- Enzyme ^.^

5. Juxian your Aku is a cutey =D I didn't get a face gard either but mine came very well mommified =)

6. Enzyme
      Thank you!!! Yes, I got him from Souldoll, they shipped him exactly 5 weeks after I ordered :) It was really difficult to choose between pink and brown; finally I decided brown, and he's lovely :)

acexkeikai
      Thank you!!! Oh yes, he came packaged very safely and in a nice box :)

7. Did anyone else order the special edition Pink Aku? I was able to order one but I'm still waiting for it and getting worried. I've heard the grapevine that SoulDoll is known for being slow so I'm trying to be patient, but several dolls I ordered after Aku have arrived! I am in touch with Contemporary Doll, which is who did the order and Karen said her things haven't arrived yet either. I was just wondering if anyone has actually received and seen this little cutie.

Gee, I haven't even gotten my pink one and now they go and release that black one. DO you know how bad I want him? He's the spitting image of my real feline Rhini. Sigh. I hate being poor!

8. I was looking at that last week
      I sort of don't feel they're worth the money though

they remind me of those littliest pet shop things but larger, so its like i might as well buy one of those instead

edit:I still want one though :I

9. I love those eyes ! $ . $

10. I'm waiting on one of these cuties, and was wondering if anyone knew what clothes they could wear. They are precious naked, but I think I'd like a pair of bloomers and a t-shirt for her. <3

11. I haven't tried any clothes on mine because he's white
      (whitest resin I've seen, and I have three types my house),
      and I'm scared of him staining. I think it might be a problem
      to dress Aku, however, because it has very short legs, and a
      very chubby-round body. Someone once mentioned mine looked like
      a marshmallow (which is cute), and I agree -- but, because of
      that odd-shape, I doubt it would be easy to dress or make clothes for them.

But, I could be over thinking it, maybe some very simple elasticized
      clothes would work.

- Enzyme ^.^

12. Thanks Enzyme! I guess I'll wait on clothes until she gets home and I have a better idea what shape she is.

13. Wheres the love in this thread?:aheartbea

I'm eyeing an Aku-B because I love black cats but regular Aku is cute too :).

14. I just bought an Aku-B and they're absolutely adorable! I can't recommend them enough if you're a fan of black cats! They're a gorgeous deep black and they're bigger then you think too!

15. Does anybody have a ruler so I can see how tall he/she is??? I think they are adorable. Wish they made one in purple.

16. The aku is lovely:fangirl:but the price is more expensive also the price of eachspecial pair of eyes is very high, and I think we do not allow for that model layway UU is a pity for me.

17. I just ordered a pink Aku kitty. Can't wait to get her.!!

18. mfitzu7504 Akus are adorable ! I have one since a few months now (pink too ;)), and he is so cute! They are very posable, i'm sure you'll love her! :kitty1

19. Aku oooh i want one so bad >< where to find one i'll never know LOL