1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Double Boys Morse, Eliot & Nia

Jun 23, 2010

1. I totally agree with St. James. I think they've come up with some very handsome face-sculpts, (I love the Morse mold!) but that new body with the odd, short, thick neck and mishmash of Zenith parts - I think I'll have to take a pass on these boys.

2. I look forward to see what your comparison of the old body versus new is. I keep being unsure about it. In any case, I may need to put one on law away before July, as I do like the jackets the dolls come with. I like the idea of Morse (it is Morse confirmed by SD) with the Elliot face up...

Speaking of clothes, I do see they are also selling the clothes separately in case anyone wanted the outfits.

3. I am sooooo glad you said something about the clothes being for sale, ellieda! I bought the Morse outfit....just love it!! Now I can take my time saving up for Morse.

4. Wow. I absolutely love these boys. My fave's Eliot. Guh. I want all three of them. I'm so glad they're not LE.

5. It's just a matter of personal preference, really. I don't mind the neck or torso so much, but the double joints seem to have not gotten as much re-design as I would have hoped (to make them look more natural & less 'bulky'). The arms look strange to me, though. There's something odd about the shape of the forearms, & the upper arms seem too skinny to really "go" with the rest of the body.

All of that said, I like the new heads/faces & would order Mores if I could afford it...though I'd probably get the old body! ;)

Congratulations on your new doll, though! I'd be excited to see pics of the old body vs new body!

6. I cant make my mind up which body to go for, does anyone know any threads about Souldoll SD body posing etc? Like a review or some photos? Cant find much myself.

7. @ elliedra - I will try to think of making comparing pictures after morse has arrived.
      Also still a big question to me is if the old body is really taller then the new.
      The measurements of the old body say its 63 cm in height and for the new body 61.5 cm.

@ starzzz - Your totally right of course about that it is a matter of taste liking the new body or not.
      And I can understand your point about the double joints looking a bit awkward and visible.
      Souldoll could have done a better job on that (especially if you see the double joints of the old body. Which are, if the legs are stretched, hardly noticeable on pictures)
      About the legs and arms.. I guess I also can understand where you are coming from.
      They seem thick at one end and a bit to thin at the other end. But I really don't mind them that badly.
      Like I said before.. the new body looks just much more muscular (which fits a thick neck I think) and the old body looks younger.
      Anyways, Im 'used' to the Elfdoll boy body so the new Souldoll body is in any case an improvement to me ;p

And thanks for congratulating me^^ I will see what I can do about those body pics after I have morse ;)

8. I have decided to go with the new body after finding pictures of the old body. I prefer the new body, it looks quite awkward if you look hard enough, but as a whole it is more adult looking. I have just ordered Morse with special face up :)

9. Glad you have made your choice honestrabbit :) Congrads on ordering him.

10. @ Saoera If you are able to post comparison pictures, I would appreciate it! I was curious as well about the height difference. I think I would want him in the taller version, but maybe it is the same height (one measurement was without the head?) so I am curious to see. I hate being on the fence on it!

11. I just saw that Souldoll has shipped morse out to me! Which means Im with the first 30! Yay! *dancing a victory dance*
      That means It wont take to long before I can take comparison pictures of old vs. new for you guys.
      At least if he wont get stuck at customs for too long...

@ elliedra - I don't think they measured one body without head and the other one with. (I just cant believe they are that stupid xD But well.. you never know right?)
      Im not worrying that much about the height. Its kinda 'hard' to measure the height of a Doll.
      If I take my retractable tape, put my Souldoll Killian with old body (as straight as he can get. If his legs are 'straight' they bend a bit to the back) to the wall and measure him, then I come up with a height of 61.5 cm...
      But if I try measuring him while he is lying on the floor then its harder to say which height he has. Its less precise and I could totally understand (if Souldoll did it like that) that they could come up with the 63 cm.

12. I have just had a comment from Souldoll, he will be shipped in a week! So maybe I am in the first 30? I went with some different touches to the default face up. I didnt expect him to be shipped so soon!

13. idrisfynn, tbh, I wasn't expecting them to actually let me have Eliot's face-up on Morse so you don't know how suprised I was when they agreed to it. However, they did say that it might be difficult to do the eye make-up the same because of his up eyelids but as long as it's similar then I dont mind. Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that a scar on his eye would be hot :D

honestrabbit, that's great that he's going to ship soon. What extras have you added to the face-up?

Saoera, congrats on him shipping so soon. I can't wait to see the comparison pics. I have to admit that one of the main reasons I choice the old body was because of the height. I thought 63cm would look better next to my super gem girl. I wonder if the new body is as posable as the old body.

14. I just asked for grey natural tones around his eyes rather than the blue and not to have too much heavy black on the upper lid. Hopefully they will do a good job, I do like their face ups. This will be my first Souldoll SD, but not my first Souldoll. I still have an MSD Mayu from when she was first released. They were the first doll company I bought from in 2006 when I bought Snyder as my first doll but sold on, so itll be interesting to finally see and hold a bigger doll of theirs!

15. I got the body comparison pix from SD, I hope they dont mind me to post them here^^:

[​IMG]

Anyway seeing the pix didnt help me decide >_<, I love the knees more at the old bod but I think the shoulders on the new looks way more relaxed...

Im so happy some of you guys get their Morse! :D

Seeing owner pix will help my desicion for sure :dance

Oh for everyone who have to pay customs: I asked SD if we could order through local dealers and if we would still get clothes, the answer was no. :| Oh well the cost of the outfit is still a gift :D

16. Azraelita: Thank you so much for requesting a picture from Souldoll. n__n

They almost look like they are the same height? The new body does seem a bit thinner, and doesn't have the wide shoulders like the old body. I still prefer the old body though ><, but the new one doesn't seem as awkward in the comparison photos. I'm relieved that the heads should fit nicely on the old double too.

idrisfynn
      : n.n Aww thank you! I hope maybe once I pay off all the important things I can bring him home during Christmas time~~ Big dreams though. xD

17. Thanks for posting that pic, Azraelita! The new body seems rather slim, in comparison, I actually like it a lot. But why did they get rid of the thigh joints and the lower torso joint? :( The hand and ankle ball joints look nicer, though.

18. Im so glad I went for the new body, its much more manly looking. The legs are really well sculpted and I love the hands and feet. I like the chest, its lower down so looks more adult where I think the older body chest looks more child like. Nice torso sculpt as well without the pants joint! Nice hips too. Im liking it much more. Thanks for uploading the picture!

19. Youre welcome guys <3

I hope reading the comments will help me to understand which body to choose >_<

20. Ok, now I'm starting to regret ordering the older body because when both bodies are next to one another, the new one does look more appealing. I wonder whether Souldoll will let me change it to the newer one.