1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Double Phillipa and Queena

Jan 7, 2009

1. gee, that is odd. but, i think a lot of people must have been confused about the white geisha style make up, and thought that the head was white and the body was tan. so in this explanation they are trying to say that if you want tan, you get the whole doll in tan, not a white head and a tan body, does that make sense?

2. I've handled a Suntan Souldoll (LE Tan Hye) before, and the color does go through the whole of the resin. I don't know if sanding it would be advisable, but the color is more consistent than many tans I've seen, including Volks, Luts, old-Dollshe and (presumably, based on the pictures) new-Dollshe resin.

3. Yeah, that confused me too. I saw that a few days ago. I dont plan on getting Queena in tan, but it would be awful to have her painted tan. I'm glad someone has a suntan Souldoll so we could understand. I was lost in translation I suppose.

4. That was I that had asked the question if the Suntan color was all the thru or just on the surface. I was a bit confused by there answer as well at first and thought maybe its applied, but thankfully that is not the case. I would love to get her, but I gotta sell someone first that I did not bond with.

5. I want her but I have been told no more dolls until after GoGa. So I will wait to see what owner pics look like. I am tempted to get Queena in tan with that special face up. Her normal default is really plain although still beautiful.
      Thanks Kiyakotari- I will definetly look at your pics to see him in tan. Could you post one here so we can all see Souldolls tan resin? Thanks

6. another doll to stress over.

i need queena =/

7. Anybody here order a tan doll yet? I'm saving for a Queena once I complete my first doll :D
      And maybe a Phillipa in white skin :)
      I asked on Souldoll if they would offer skin options on their other dolls and they said they were considering it...*been dreaming of a white-skinned Killian* :D

8. WOW
      How did I just see these dolls now? D;
      Philippa is so very very very beautiful ! ~
      Especially in tan skin with the white make-up! ~
      She's so pretty...I think I'll be saving for quite some time...
      D; <3 ~

[ haha, i'm completely obsessed now... ]

9. Ooo-ah~ I adore the Philippa! The Queena is nice too but the Philippa looks like a stock character from a Miyazaki film. :D Like a geisha from a wood creature tribe. <3 I'm not sure if I like the tan resin with the airbrushed head.. I'm sort of on the fence, I like it but then again I don't. Perhaps if the body were airbrushed as well? I wonder what it would look like on a white skin body.

Hopefully someone will have the owner pics up soon enough. <3!

10. I really, really like tan Queena. Maybe sometime in the next two years I could get her... But I'm trying to lay off on getting dolls that aren't characters... Though I'm starting to think I may have a place for her in my story after all.

11. It should be time for owner pics now right? Hasn't it been a month or so since the tans were ordered?

12. The tan Souldoll I've handled doesn't actually belong to me. She's my friend's doll, an LE tan Hye ("Spear of Dark Mist Valley"). You can see her here: http://bettypatch.deviantart.com/gallery/#BJD Her name is Eve, and she's the one in the red wig.

13. Thanks so much that does help me alot. I am not a Tan doll person although I do like many tan dolls. I do not like the look of the elbows. I have the new DIM Love Kassia and she has those same weird elbow joint rectangles.
      I will keep waiting for owner pics but it does give a good idea of resin color it is a really pretty resin so again thanks.

14. Wow, that tan resin is even prettier than I expected! That just nudges Queena further onto the list. :)

15. I hereby rescind what I said about these girls. I've decided that I will eventually be purchasing both of them in tan. Seeing them in normal skintones now seems completely ridiculous, and I won't have them unless they're exactly like the suntan default pics!

I am completely in love with them. :D [And I demand more in male form plzkthnx.]

:chocoheart Tacti

16. I LOVE Queena in the Tan with the Harlequin face up.. I need one.. but like someone else here wanted. I want one head with a reg face up and one with the Harlequin. :(

Some one was asking about the resin.. Well I have a NS Asiter.. he matched Luts resin pretty well.. almost better then the luts head did LOL.. I had a Breakaway head on my Asiter for a little while and it looked great. I dont know about the white as I have not seen one but I hope this helps a little bit.

I will have to order a Queena in a few months I have to pay off and buy all the dolls I have on my list right now first!!

17. I am just dying to see Queena in white skin with the harleyquinn face up. I just adore her but again not a tan doll person. I do like Phillippa as well with that gorgeous faceup too. But I happen to like Queena with out the face up better. I just read the customer questions on souldoll and it answered my question. LOL silly me!

18. Queena is gorgeus with that unique harlequinish face up. But with the normal face up, Philippa is prettier than Queena.

19. Very much it is pleasant Queena! Especially in dark execution! :)

20. XD I thought I'd pop in and make a quick comment... I bought a Queena in normal skin, no faceup, and she should be arriving tomorrow! Or Friday, since she cleared customs wednesday morning. :3 I'll be sure to post pictures.