1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Lee Jun Ki ?!

Dec 13, 2007

1. I very sure that Zii was a prototype for Lee Jun Ki.

This doll is so well made. I love this mold..... too bad that I have too many wants right now:...(

2. mmm any news on whether or not he'll be sold to us over here? owo
      aughhh i'm so anxious to know!

3. Did anyone seen if they sold the Zii too on the korean website? It looks to me very similar to the Zii so, as I see the Sould Double category has been added just yesterday on the corean website, could it be that the Zii were sold as a normal doll for the internationals and as Lee Jun Ki for the Koreans that know who he is well? It could be an idea... I see that Jin Woo too is for sale now on the Korean website....
      The more I look at my Zii the more I find him really closer in look to this Lee Jun Ki doll...

Ok just to see, one of the photos I saved from Souldoll site time ago:

[​IMG]

It looks very very alike to me... maybe the same.... ^^

4. actually I think jinwoo, zii and lee jun ki all look very similar. Look at their eyes, nose and lips. They are near identical to each other.

I think anavel is correct about zii being the prototype for lee jun ki. this also means that jinwoo might be a prototype as well.

oh..check out Sabriell's zii . It look very much like lee jun ki.

5. Yep Raye NN I agree with you, even if the Jin Woo looks a bit different to me from the others but maybe it is only the make up... about Sabriell's zii I agree with you, really alike to lee jun ki (and this is the reason why I said that ^^ cause I have the Sabriell's zii just here at home ;-) )

6. um I saw this on the souldoll Q&A section. I dont really understand it but here you go.

7. hmm doesn't say whether they're going to sell it for international as well

8. They have not decided whether they will sell lee jun ki internationally yet but if they do, they will put out a notice.

9. oh ok i see now ^^ thanx

10. Souldoll was at the Seoul Doll Freemarket yesterday. Lee Jun Ki was there in a glass box. I couldn't get any additional info than what is already known.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

11. I love him. Souldoll take my breath away.

12. angmasuzy do you have other pictures of souldoll at the Seoul Doll Freemarket.( do you saw exclusive dolls ?)
      thaks for these ones

13. OMG he's so gorgeous!! I love they way the cosplayed him as Gongil from King and the Clown. That was my fav movie of his!! I bet Lee Jun Ki fans were going crazy over it!! I hope they do sell him internationally Im such a big fan!! man!! I hope I at least have money to get him!! gahh man now Im so confused on what doll I want to get *sulks* but I really hope he comes out internationally!! I really love his winter outfit the most. Maybe If we convince Souldoll their is alot of fans of the actor and the doll mold itself Internationally they'll maybe put him up for a limited of time. Cause I think If he did sell Internationally it would be limited since he is based of a actor.

14. Oh WOW Angmasuzy thank you so much for the pics! :D
      Omg! He looks so gorgeous! And I really luv the jacket that he's wearing!

15. :...( I really want him!! I've loved Lee jun ki for like forever. O gosh hes hot :aheartbea

16. Perhaps if we let Souldoll know that we were interested they might bring him over to the international sales site? :3

I don't know about Jin Woo yet because I'm still waiting for him in the mail, but he does look very similar to Zii. The nose and mouth look almost exact, but the eyes are very noticeably different. Kinda makes me wonder if the artist who did all three dolls was using Zii and Jin Woo as prototype models or something while trying to create the Lee Jun Ki? Or if after releasing Zii, they signed a deal with the movie studios about Lee Jun Ki, it might explain why he was discontinued so abruptly. They probably wouldn't want a doll that looked so similar to him on the market at the same time. If you notice, Jin Woo has also mysteriously disappeared from the website.

At any rate, the doll companies don't necessarily know the non-Korean and non-Japanese markets very well. It's true that in the general public in Europe, America, and various other parts of the world (not sure about other Asian countries like Singapore or Taiwan, but I haven't heard of them having a similar boom in teh love of Korean actors), few people outside of this subculture would know much about Korean actors. But the fact is, the english-speaking peoples who are buying their dolls in tend to be familiar with the actors or at least attracted to that sort of look. If Lee Jun Ki were offered as a non-limited on the international site, I would probably get him eventually.

EDIT---

Uhh, I realized I hadn't read two pages of comments so I went back. Yeah, the difference is the "eyebags." On Zii they are a lot less pronounced, I think. I'd have to see a Lee Jun Ki in person to be sure, of course. Considering that they posted an ad directing towards the Korean site about Lee Jun Ki on their international site, they must be trying to gauge interest.

--Nadia

17. he's wonderfully real looking. I've got Mir, so I'm not going to shop for another boy - yet, but oh, I LOVE that jacket. wondering what Souldoll will decide...

18. Hey, it says on the fan site that it is a new line - see writeup below. Either way he is great!

QUOTE FROM WEBSITE
      Check it out: Lee Junki has his very own doll— er, action figure.

His likeness has been cast in these 60cm-tall figures, complete with all the major joints that bend and move freely. The company manufacturing the dolls has a line of celebrity-themed figures, and this is the first one featuring Lee Junki. A lot of celebrity dolls tend not to look much like the stars they’re fashioned after, but these are eerily similar to the real thing. (I did see a line of Song Seung Heon dolls once that looked uncannily like the real actor, though. Whatever methods these toymakers are using are making for lots of creepily similar mini-celebrity representations! It probably helps that Lee Junki has well-defined, pretty features to begin with.)

A limited run went on sale in Japan on the 20th; they’ll go on sale in Korea and internationally beginning in January.

19. I like Zii better though heh. I don't like dolls that resemble too much of a real living person.