1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Shiva [With 4 Arms Gray skin]

Mar 9, 2010

1. I think definiately not the same doll, even though the face-shape is almost identical. Maybe they used the same form, but the nose is different, and the eyes are set differently.

[​IMG]

2. Maybe someone should just email Souldoll about it.

And it could very well be what Nanyalin says, especially when Souldoll stamped Chantal as the human version.

3. The human and centaur Chirons also had different heads, but were 'human' and 'centaur' -- so it could be the same principle at work here.

4. wow amazing.. but i think she'll cost too much for me O.O *checks my bamboo bank* XD

5. I posted on the Q and A cuz now I am really curious.
      I'll let you know when they reply!

6. Now I am very curious too! it might be either the angle, or that she is really a different mold, like the Chirons! But either way, I am intrigued now, X_D. It makes me think that it is the same, because if you look carefully at both dolls chins, they have a strange shape at the right side, like a slight... ''desviation'', can you see it? It would be strange to repeat that in both dolls.

7. ...How did Souldoll know I wanted a tall fantasy-type girl whose character is an Eastern goddess? And grey skin? And argh she better not be limited and I want more like this.

8. I think Shiva was pretty much anything he/she wanted to be. Definitely blue. Anyway, this doll's beautiful.

9. I find the female Zenith body to be a bit more petite than the female SG, but with bigger legs. The face on thisone reminds me of Bella Auden, and I love the skintone. Wonder if her second pair of arms are mounted on her back? I'd love to get this doll and headswap with Soom Vesuvia (pipedream, much?)...

10. Very unique and interesting doll, I wonder how they managed to get the other arms attached to the body?? Does anyone think they will show body pics soon?

11. Okay, so she might be a bit of a challenge to dress what with four arms and all, and her eyes aren't as misty as her Shiva-Human-v1-self, but she's a amazing-looking doll! And I'm convinced she's not Limited since she's only under Zenith. <-- very good news. I wonder if it would be possible to land some Shiva-Human-v1 eyes. Hm....

12. She is amazing. The only thing I miss is that she doesn't have swivel hips, like on the Soul Double body. I really like that joint. I might be tempted to let that slide for her.

13. I don't see the resemblance at all between Shiva and the human version. Shiva's nose is way wider at the bottom. She looks way more ethnic than the human version. I am really curious to know now, but I don't see how it could be the same. I absolutely love her. I love her four arms, her face, the costume, and her hands are so graceful looking. I want her!!!

14. Looks like Souldoll replied to some of the questions!

So she IS a totally new sculpt, and she won't be limited.
      I'm guessing she's basically the female equivalent of Chiron - a nice big fantasy doll with a grey skin option that's actually basic (and needs to be because of the price I'm guessing.. she's going to be EXPENSIVE!!! To think of a BASIC costing so much is terrifying! ;;)

15. Shiva - like many Hindu deities - has both male and female aspects, so it's not totally inconceivable for this female doll to be a Shiva representation.

I already have a six-armed doll, so I have no need to get this girl, but I sure do like what I'm seeing so far. She reminds me very strongly of Akasha (Aaliyah's character) from Queen of the Damned. Based on the angles of the arms in the teaser picture and my own experience with modifying dolls to have extra limbs, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that the second set of arms is probably placed beneath the "normally positioned" set (in what would be the armpit/upper ribcage area). It's a good thing for me, since if they had actually re-sculpted the shoulder area of the doll to accommodate the extra arms being positioned at the same height as the "normal" ones, I'd have much more trouble resisting her. As is, if I'm correct I'll be able to take a pass on this one without much regret at all. She sure is cool, though! I look forward to seeing others' pictures of her!

16. Mystery solved! Thanks, Midnitestar; I still see a strong ressemblance in the jaw, lips and facial shape; but the eyes and perhaps the nose, look quite different indeed. No matter how, she is gorgeous! And I do not dare to think about the price either, I suppose she will start in a similar tag Like chiron's... perhaps a bit less, since I suppose the horse body is quite a big chunk of resin to charge for, and not totally comparable to a couple of extra arms. Do you think skin color will be an option, too?

17. I so agree that she looks like Akasha a lot, I actually like her, there go's my reslove not to buy more dolls :( ;)

18. When will there be more photos on the Souldoll page?
      I'm very happy that she will be not limited.
      So I'm able to create a character for her and plan a bit more. :3
      I'm curious if she will be expensive... >.<

19. I think their website said that more pictures will be up in about a week and that they would like to be selling her around the 22nd of this month. I think they said she will be available in other skin tones as well. I can't wait to see more pictures!

20. I'm glad to hear that she'll be a basic like Chiron. Hmmm.... maybe later in the year.