1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Shiva [With 4 Arms Gray skin]

Mar 9, 2010

1. It looks like there will be a lot of directions that she could go in. Exciting! ^.^

2. Wow. She's amazing. She looks so elegant and graceful in the grey skin. She really makes the idea of the goddess shiva seem as beautiful as its supposed to be. The idea of many arms always creeped me out before.

3. I don't think I would have asked that question if they hadn't put Chantal as Shiva human ver, then it sorta spark some curiosity. But ya, there are some similarities to start with that's why it gets people confused.

According to their answers in Q and A, she would be offered with regular skin colour options, just like Chiron.
      I can't wait for them to release her so we can see how her arms work and more pictures!!

4. If they ever offer her in a darker/tan skin, I'll know I'm doomed for sure, hahaha.

5. Oh man - if they offer her in normal skin, I could potentially get her as a normal human. That = trouble!

6. She's absolutely lovely! Wow.

I do think they conflated Shiva and Kali a bit, but also, it's most likely not meant to literally be the god/dess, merely a nod to them.

7. Just a little quick n' dirty photoshop to see what she'll look like in NS... *swoon*
      [​IMG]

8. her face is beautiful but the four arms are a little bizare

9. Wow, wow, WOW! :love:love She is amazing... and her face is absolutely gorgeous and different.

I love the way Souldoll is going lately: new kinds of molds, original fantasy concepts...
      I must say they are climbing higher and higher in my affections and are about to dethrone Soom in my heart!
      As soomed as I am, lately I've been having the feeling that they were falling into a gimmick (even though a great one: animal-legged fantasy dolls! :D) they couldn't escape anymore. And as gorgeous as they are, all their molds kind of look alike to me, like brothers and sisters (which could be intentionnal and interesting in itself as a concept, mind me).

After Chiron, Kayla & the Unicorn and now this, Souldoll seems to be exploring/experimenting a tad more and I like it.

Great that Shiva is not limited! :whee:

Also... I think she is Hindi inspired but clearly not "the" Shiva. So, to fantasize a bit, they could have gone further into the mixing of figures and make her a four-armed Nâgin... we haven't seen her legs yet after all! :wiggle I mean, after Chiron, they could totally pull this off... a ball-jointed snake tail!
      Then I'd definitely be "souldolled" (or whatever)!

10. Why did you post that picture, sixpence...:love Now I'm definiately doomed. I update their site all the time hoping for new photos xD

11. Wuaaa, I would die, Bakkhios! 8) Thats a dream doll right there... But yes I really like Shiva, love that Souldoll is doing unconventional stuff too. All us Soom addicts needed another company to give us our fix, I think. One can only have so many SG torsos laying around before one gets bored...

12. That would be so lovely! Great idea, there are a lot of snake women in Indian mythology yes?

13. I must say I am glad someone is picking up where SOOM left off. SOOM's MD lately have not Ooooo'd or Aaaaaaw'd me since Sphaler.

*Please don't flame me.... this is simply my opinion and not fact*

14. Sixpence you are killing me hahaha, goodness she's so gorgeous :aheartbea

15. Hi, I am an idiot, and too tired to read all five pages carefully, I'm sure someone asked this as I see that wildefae touched on this a few posts up but isn't Shiva usually depicted with eight arms? Just curious. She's very cool even with half that.

16. A very quick google search turns out lots of Shiva with 4 arms. There is a version (I am sure there is a name for it) with three faces (or five, more than one anyway), then he is depicted with eight arms.

17. Gads it's hard enough to save for my dream doll now I have to go and add another to the list. LOL Oh dear Goddess!!!

18. I am absolutely smitten. I need to add yet another Goddess to my story so I have an excuse to get her!

My mom also wants her in normal skin... hurray light and dark. :lol:

19. I think the four arms is interesting but I wonder if they will give you the option for just two. I can't wait to see more photos of her.

20. Gorgeous, she reminds me a bit of Lotus Near, but larger. ^^ I hope she'll stick around like Chiron.<3