1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Shiva [With 4 Arms Gray skin]

Mar 9, 2010

1. I'm so happy she won't be limited because she is definately going on my "to buy" list!!

2. She looks awesome and so pretty! I can't wait till souldoll releases more pictures!

3. I can't decide whether I want her in white or in grey...

4. I vowed to myself and to Amalthea I'll never get another girl doll. But this might just be the one who'll make me break my promise. I like Hindu mythology and she reminds me of that.

5. i've been waiting for something like that for so long! :D but now i'm broke TT^TT

edit: OH YAY!! she wont be limited! my life is complete xDD

6. She is an absolutely gorgeous doll. I've always been fascinated by the multi-armed goddesses of the Hindu religion so I'm pleased to see a company bring them to life. But the first thing I though when I saw the pic was what a PAIN it would be to find clothes for more than 2 arms! From reading the comments, it looks like some others have thought about that too. I wonder if the extra arms will be removeable or not. And I wonder if the extra arms will add considerably to the price.

I'm not sure she's something I could afford, but I will really look forward to getting more info about her and eventually to seeing what owners do with her. She looks to be an amazing doll.

7. Eh, thanks, too lazy for Google, although I often quote Samuel Jackson's line from the movie. You are correct though, I Wikipedia'ed it!

8. So will the 4 armed version of her be available all the time? Because that I can totally live with :) BUt I must say if she doesn't have 4 arms I'm not interersted.

9. Yup, Souldoll has said that she won't be limited :D

10. I am curious why everyone is glad she is not limited. Is it because she will be cheaper if she's not limited? I am new to this hobby so don't really understand the benefits of not being limited. Thanks!!

11. Um, so that people could have a chance to save up for her? :\ I don't see what's so weird about that.

12. Being a standard release probably won't decrease her price much. Mostly it's because if she isn't limited there is no rush to buy her before she sells out. We have time to save our money. Limited and highly sought after dolls are, more often than not, ridiculously expensive to buy second hand, if you missed them when they were available. And a unique doll like Shiva would probably be worth quite a bit second hand, if she were limited. Just an example, but Soom's monthly dolls sell for quite a bit on the secondary market.

13. Maybe someone has a Souldoll Zenith girl already at home and is able to answer my questions?? <3
      Does Soom super gem clothes or Dollmore model clothes fit her?
      I'm really curious about the arm mechanism and outfits...some will not work I think... >.<

14. I would imagine that any tops would require some pretty heavy modifying to fit her... depening on how the arms are actually attached to her body. From the teaser it looks to me like they're attached to her back as opposed to under her other arms, which complicates things a bit... I'm thinking a halter top or maybe even tube top would probably fit her with a little fighting...

I'd really like to know about pants/skirts though, because I have both a Model Doll girl and a Super Gem girl in the house and if they can all three share trousers, that would be lovely!

15. Thanks for the reply about limited. I am glad she is not limited too then because I have to save up as well. Thanks for explaining to me!!

16. i love herrrrrrrrrrr

17. I have to be totally honest here, please don't kill me xD

I might be the only person who is disappointed that she's NOT limited.
      Sure I don't have the cash right now, and she'd have put me in a real stress pull together the money in time if I decided to get her (I was on the fence because of her size, and because I already have beautiful ice violet Kayla coming).. but the second I found out she wasn't limited, I knew it was very unlikely I'd be getting her.
      Part of the reason I love bjds is because it fulfils my collectors urge. I love being creative with wigs, eyes, and outfits.. coming up with characters, taking photos and so on, but I still love the collecting side of things.
      Basic also means it's more likely that she won't come with her outfit. OR her outfit itself will be limited, and after a period of time will be sold out - so if you want the fullset, you have to get in early ANYWAY.

Still, she may be so fabulous, I'll end up moving past my no basic dolls thing! xD

18. I agree with Midnitestar. I like to buy dolls that will hold their value over a time and basics just do not do that unless they are discontinued at some point.

But on the other hand I do like that more companies are making fantasy dolls that are NOT ALL limited. For me it is really going to come down to how sparkly she is too me. I don't mind making special clothes for her either, beacuse I am really not into that outfit.

19. I'm definitely on the "yay she's not limited" side of things. I buy dolls I like because I like them... but I've missed out on some dolls I adored because they were limited and the secondhand prices are so much higher. As a general rule, most "basic" dolls still do hold most of their value if they are kept in good condition.

I really love this girl, but there's no way I'd be able to afford her now. :sweat

20. This. Absolutely this. There's a point at which no amount of stress is to gather funds is going to let yet another doll come home with current expenses (and mine are amazingly minimal) -- and I'm so at that point. :lol: