1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Soul-Double boy: I-SO

Apr 4, 2009

1. I think he's really gorgeous...not 'pretty', and not 'manly', no...but definitely an interesting face to look at...I know if I thought for a bit I could find someone for him to be...and finally, a Double boy with white skin as an option! *o*
      But...newer Souldoll boys all have tiny heads, don't they? That so wouldn't fit in with my group at all, darn it. XD;;;

2. That's exactly what I thought when I saw him! XD Great minds...lol

I kinda want him...I don't know if I really REALLY want him though I could probably make up a character for him right now if I so desired. Dammit guys now I AM thinking of one! D: I really love that nose T_T

3. Aww, gotcha. Yeah, I definitely can't see Kanguk, Chiru or Ize anywhere. I guess I was only talking about the way that SD sets the eyes and noses, they all remind me of each other? I love how they like to make either really Asian-featured heads or European ones. LOL, Maybe that's their style? Either the Hye variety or Kanguk variety? I agree, he's a very unique looking guy and I am loving the white skin option, it looks really pretty. And I have never cared one way or another about a nose before, but I'm really digging his.

4. Ahh yes, I understand more what you meant. He is very 'Souldoll' in a sense, but I guess along the broad range of boys they have he's a stand out, but against some of their girls I can see him easily. ^^ Souldoll does have the tendency to do very strong Asian looking dolls, but then have boys like Iso and Killian that just have a more western aesthetic. I think the white skin option also threw me off too, because up until now if they released white skin double boys they have only been 'limited' fullset dolls. A white skin souldoll boy though is total love~ Oh I agree though, his nose is love. Big nose...is always big love for me. Souldoll did a great job with his profile xD

5. I've posted asking if the outfit is limited in case anyone else was wondering that, which I hope not because I wanted to at least wait till the blank pictures considering souldoll's crocked tendencies, but he is rather tempting me. <3

Ah, well, might just be me but I see it in the nose. Or it could just be that this is the first souldoll I've really wanted since Paris so I can't help but relate them ^_^;;

6. Oh yes! Congratulations to Souldoll for that profile! I don't know what it is about him, it must be a combination of the white skin, the nose, and the face up, I just adore his face. I adore his beautiful clothes too, but the fashion design demon(:x) in me says "You could make an outfit similar to it and not have to spend $200" so I'm not allowed to consider the clothes as an option:|. Souldoll makes such beautiful and well-made clothes, and I hope for other people's sakes that it won't be limited.

7. ^_______^ That might be it! Paris' nose is actually pretty "cute-sy,"
      and round like a little "undeveloped-child's nose," where I-so's nose
      seems more like an adult male's nose. XD That probably doesn't make
      sense. ^__^;; He is gorgeous regardless of who he looks like. ^ ^

- Enzyme ^.^

8. Mmm, I hate that nose and love that nose in the same time. I am kinda perfectionist and I-SO's face is far from perfect, but then again the imperfect dolls make the best characters. So I am lost now. I want him and I don't want him. *goes to stare at I-SO's photos for 40 minutes again*

9. I really like this guy, but I have enough male dolls now, his face is so different and his nose is just wonderful. He kind of reminds me of my hubby only when he was younger....I gotta think this one over......I really don't have room for anymore SD size ones.....

10. Has anyone jumped the gun and decided to buy this guy yet? I would sell my pet rabbit, Ana and not pay rent for a month if I wasn't trying out this new-fangled idea called control. Hopefully I will be able to raise enough $$$$ to buy him sometime in the coming year. Hoping they will keep the WS skin option that long, too.

(And FYI: I wouldn't really sell my rabbit, she's irreplaceable to me. And I'm pretty sure no one would buy her, even to be food, LOL)

11. I'm very close to buying him, but it seems the drayton head is also back on sale next month.... and I really shouldn't spend that much in one month, even if I have it.

12. I really like this guy, he looks like Snape to me :D I can really see myself getting him one day, but I really want my FCS SD13G F-34 first.

Hmm. Souldoll's layaway plan is really simple too. I just find it irritating that all their boys are more expensive than their girls. When I decide to get a boy there has to be something special about him because I don't do boys very well, but having them $12 more is a bit strange...:lol: perhaps that's how much a winkie's worth of resin costs?

13. It really isn't that odd when you think about the body shape of male verses female- especially soulDoll females where there is a decent amount of curves. The resin to cast a slim girl is much less than a toned male because of the chest and hips alone is subtraction from the male form. Luts does it too I believe, but with a 20 dollar difference.

14. I like him. Can't consider him because Souldoll's head/body proportions and level of realism would clash badly with the other dolls I own and/or plan to own, but he's definitely got an odd charm. It is a bit like Bermann somehow, though I don't think the sculpts look similar at all. They are only similar in that they have a kind of unhandsome-yet-handsome face.

I think a different eyebrow shape would suit him better, but overall I like this faceup.

15. If I got him, I would have to sell 1 of my SD size boys......thinking about re-shell for one of them or just bringing back a doll character I had before.......:doh

16. They need moar pics of him up. Now. >< Like modeling wigs or something lol!
      I need to see more of him..
      He's almost perfect for one of my characters, if only his nose was smaller! D:

17. oh is he new? I saw him before and think he's very interesting! Much like an english bloke. I lover his pale moodiness and weird outfit. I really do like him and some of their other dolls (esp Queena), but they're too expensive >_< And I also have to wonder what they really look like--the website photos never seem to really show them well enough to me

18. I gave in to the handsome boy- I ordered him just now with the outfit, no make up. I love the whole look. He's going to be the Sandman- not from the comic or anything ^_^;;but from this poem/child's son.

I just couldn't resist the noble yet boys next door look and finally getting a wonderfull soulDoll outfit- even if it's more than I've spent on my other dolls clothing combined. Heck he himself was almost my other two SD boys combined >_>;;

Anywho, I'm very happy, but still getting over sticker shock, so you'll have to excuse me.

19. Bird of Hermes: congrats~!!! <3 what skin color did you get him in?

20. Thank you~ I got him in the white skin n__n. I've seen the Souldoll white on some limiteds when I went to the dealers room of a dolly con once and I absolutely loved it!