1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll Soul-Double Discussion

Jun 15, 2010

1. [​IMG]
      It was my girl Bailey's fifth birthday yesterday!! So today I had to get some pictures of her. :) Doesn't she look gorgeous?

I swear, she hasn't yellowed at all. She's a little loosely strung, but otherwise she looks exactly like she did the day I got her, five years and four moves later. She even still has her default faceup. I love this girl so much. :D

2. Happy Birthday, Bailey! You're such a lovely little lady!

3. Awww yes she is gorgeous!

4. Thank you guys :D I'm so happy with this girl, honestly.. I have to get some pics of her and her boyfriend (my girlfriend's SD Killian) sometime soon~ :3

5. I bought an Ize from the MP a few months back and have finally gotten around to joining this thread. I'm still playing around with ideas for his wig (I may add colour streaks to it) but he's pretty much complete and I really love the way he looks. I do have a question for other owners of SoulDoll boys though. Does it seem that SD was less than generous in their boy bits or is it possible Yalaren had more than just a eye-opening mod done? I'm only asking as what he's got below the belt could easily be missed and you'd think he was on an "angel body" or something. I just thought it weird that SD would do such a nice job sculpting him in general and then totally not give him the shaft when it came to certain parts.

This, BTW, is Yalaren. He's wearing an outfit I made him out of some fancy placemats that I picked up at a 2nd-hand store for like $5. You can't see it well in the photo, but there is some lovely embroidery on his tunic and matching pants.
      [​IMG]

6. Iron_Dog, congratulations. He is beautiful.

7. Thank you. I'm really glad I was able to get one of these guys especially since they discontinued the line. he has such a sweet, gentle face.

8. Late to the party, but I finally paid off the secondhand Tarot Celina I bought from a friend and I wanted to ask - is there anyone here who has the old Double Girl body and could give me some advice on her posing? Her upper torso keeps wanting to shift backwards and it's very hard to get her to stand naturally unassisted... Also I'm assuming the joint on her upper thighs is intended for her to be able to draw her knees up to her chest rather than being able to twist her legs to the side, since there's the ball and socket inside?

She's so beautiful though, I love the blue resin! :D Though I'll probably need to unstring her and give her a good clean, and also redo her faceup.

9. You may want to restring her, and make sure her joints aren't catching the elastic anywhere. When I got my Tarot Celina, she was strung so super-tightly that honestly, I thought I was going to crack her resin getting her unstrung. :eek: Fortunately, that didn't happen--tightest stringing I ever had on a doll, though. It was impossible for her to be posed at all, to say the least.

With restringing done, her back did stay in-position beautifully, and yes, she stands a dream, I didn't need to suede her at all. She's magnificent at holding a pose when strung correctly. Now, when she curls up, it's because I love photographing her with her legs against her chest (which is indeed what the leg design is for). Congrats, you have a gorgeous doll! :thumbup

.hlp

10. Thanks, @heidipay! I'll check out her stringing, definitely - as I said before, she needs a good clean anyway so restringing will be in her reasonably near future. I'll play around with the tension and see what works - she's not strung so tightly that I can't move her, and I was able to pull up her torso piece to see how it was sculpted inside, but I did notice that she seems to have separate elastics for each leg? There were two different sizeable knots in her torso, I don't know if that's usual for Souldoll but my other dolls all have a single elastic doubled over for their legs.

If all else fails, I can try sueding her torso. :) Current project is working on an outfit for her whilst she is still intact to try it on...

11. You might have to suede, tbh. My Bailey is on the old SD girl body, and she's... got a special way, let's say, lmao. Mine likes to slide from side to side, and her legs hate cooperating with me. It takes some getting used to, but personally once I got used to the oddities of her body, I was able to compensate and I know how to pose her pretty well now, despite her not being restrung in years.

At least she's not on the old SD boy body.. it likes to do T-Rex arms~ :kitty1

12. Thanks for that, @roserising - I got her to hold a couple of poses while playing around last night, but they felt a bit precarious... Plus she was nude, and I hate to think how much harder it'd be to get her to pose once she's clothed. I'll see about trying to suede her once she's all cleaned up, maybe she'll fight me less then. :P Incidentally, on the subject - is there any way to increase the range of motion in her wrists/ankles, or would that be veering into mod territory? Just as a matter of curiosity, really - I've gotten a bit spoiled by my AoD girls who can basically dance en pointe when their elastic's too tight!

13. @Iron_Dog Yass, another Ize! I love his tattoos too they look amazing.

Thought I would pop in to share the Souldoll Double love. I was taking a break from the hobby when they got discontinued so I'm really bummed to hear Souldoll doesn't sell them anymore! They had some really fab sculpts and I was lucky enough to grab a Sleeping Ize some time back. I did a bit of modding on him but he's one of my favourite dolls to photograph, there's a lot of awesome nuance to the Souldoll sculpts.

Here he is on the original double body with Dikadoll hands

[​IMG]

Those double knees will always be huge and jank but I love how slouchy and posable this body is. RIP Souldoll Double.

14. Been quiet in here for a while, so here I come with a question! Has anyone tried Dollfie Dream clothes for the medium bust on a Double girl? I've been cross-referencing measurements all over the internet, and the DDII(m) body is actually reasonably close to the Double girl (22.5cmx14.5cmx22.5cm vs 22.3cmx15cmx24.2cm respectively). So based on this, I was thinking that looser-fitting outfits, like dresses that don't cinch in at the wast a lot, would fit. If anyone has tried this I'd love to know. :kitty2

15. I'm really slow but I love Bailey's eyes Roserising!

Sorry I can't help you Podansk, I sew all my girls own clothes (and I got her a different body a few years ago to)

And I wanted to share a photo of Saar, she's always been my favourite but she hadn't had as much photo time the past few years so I took her with me on vacation to Scotland where they have amazing gardens :D

[​IMG]Scottish gardens by Hasel-Anne van Stormbroek, on Flickr

16. Ah, he's so cute!

17. Thank you Osaka, I think the bow tie is working for him.:thumbup

18. Well, men in bowties are just irresistible. ;)

19. Very cute! I still haven't done anything with mine :sweat