1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll Soul-Double Discussion

Jun 15, 2010

1. I know this is random, but I have looked all over and CANNOT find any photos of Queena. I read through this thread and I think I saw.... Two. Are there really no Queena's without the default super-sweet smiling faceup? I remember when she came out and the suntan version had a really fabulous faceup before they discontinued the suntan version, and I can't decide if I like her face without seeing some different examples, but... Its like she doesn't exist! There isn't even a database thread for her. Help?

2. A little Chloe spam for bump thread :)

[​IMG]

3. I have a newbie question for all Double owners: I just got the high heel feet for my Hye and am at a loss how to attach them:? They didn't come with S hooks and the normal S hooks are too small. Do you just string the feet directly to the legs? I'm afraid that that will damage them somehow. Oh and is it normal that the attachment part of the feet look like there is one part missing? I mean that they somehow look like hooks themselves. Sorry, it's really hard to describe lol.

4. It must looks like this:

[​IMG]

5. Thank you so much janifera! So I had the right idea,they are really strung directly to the legs. I'm such a newbie still in some aspects lol, but thankfully this forum always offers help! :aheartbea

6. It's been ages since I've been around the forums, but I'm looking into some new additions and I have a question for Soul Double owners.

I'm totally in love with the Jang Hwa head--but for a boy. I also love the Double boy body, but I know they're listed as being significantly larger than the girls. I've got an original Clara, so I realize how tiny their girls really are, and I'm worried that Jang Hwa would look terrible on the boy body. The head circumference is only supposed to be 1cm different, but the shape of the face might make all the difference. Can anyone try a girl/boy head swap with the Soul Doubles or any other company's boy body that might match the girl heads?

Thanks in advance!

7. Hi there. My Morse arrived just a few days ago. Earlier this summer I bought some clothes secondhand for him, but unfortunately his pants won't fit. The length is just fine, but they are way to tight so I'm not able to put them on him. So the poor guy is just sitting there in his sweater. I'm thinking about ordering him some baggy pants from Crobidoll by the end of the month.

But I'm curious, is there anyone that can recommend some pants that will fit the double boy body? :) I'm not picky about the length.

8. Just wondering if anyone here put a Souldouble head on another companies body??

I have a boy body with 9.8cm neck on the way... Wondering if it's possible if either the boy or girl heads will fit!

9. Morse is so lovely! I sympathize with your plight...Trying to find anything that fits my Iplehouse large chested EID has been maddening! Have you tried making your own pants before? The pattern shouldn't be too hard. It would be good to use a fabric that stretches or gives a bit so it can adjust easily.

Karie, if you do a Google Image search for "Souldoll Queena" there are some photos that pop up, I hope that helps!

Janifera, your Chloe looks wonderful!!

I'm so excited, my Devi (Chloe) has shipped!! Now to make a comfy bed next to the door so I don't miss my package!! Eeeeee!

10. I just got my Paolo, they were really fast, and communicated with me well. He is lovely, and exactly how I asked for his custom face to be done. I will get some pics in here soon as I know there are so few of him around. Ooo, I can't wait!

Wolfie, I heard that the heads don't fit well cross genders and sizes, and I mailed the company about a particular head with this same question, and they said it wouldn't fit right at all. Then again, they may just not accept that kind of thing though I have seen them ship heads on different bodies by request in the past. Just thought I'd tell you what I know but certainly keep looking as I can't be sure this is a diffinitive answer.

11. Does anyone have more Gisele spam or comments on her?

12. Did someone say Gisele spam?

[​IMG]

Gisele is a gorgeous mold. Absolutely beautiful and perfect. And that's her default faceup there, too -- it's amazing. Seriously, I was nervous when I ordered her because so many people complained that her mold used to be really asymmetrical, but it looks like Souldoll has corrected it, because if my girl has any flaws, I sure as heck can't find 'em. ;P

13. Yup, hehe.
      Yeah I read about that. She looks cute, & cute top!
      Thanks!

14. The double body is great (lovely sculpt) but I found it very helpful to insert plastic coated wires in the elbow and knee joints. Controls the silly habit of "kicking". I wonder are many people doing that? Otherwise I've had no problems with it and the body poses beautifully.

15. Im really really loving the new Souldouble girl Maribell... Wondering what the new Souldouble body will be like posing wise.

16. Hi everyone. First-time poster here.
      I should have my Chloe head delivered to me tomorrow and I'm really nervous about it. I love the way she looks and I'm sure I'd love the mold when I see it, but I'm already half-sure that I'd have to sell her. I really want my dolls to match, and I'm afraid Chloe's head would be to small compared to the doll I already own (it's Leeke Mihael and his head is huge). Well, I suppose there is no point worrying about it, I'd find out tomorrow if my Chloe is staying.

Also my other head is on the old Soul-Double boy body and I can hardly get him to stand up. Anybody else have this problem? Or maybe he just needs restringing? That's the first doll ever I've actually held and I've no idea about proper stringing.

17. ^
      I hope you still like your Chloe! I have the same problem with my Hye actually, at first when I got her she was standing rock solid, but when I changed her feet to the high heel ones and then changed them back to the flat feet, she didn't really stand anymore! :( I don't know if I did anything wrong, maybe I twisted the string inside her legs or something, but her feet won't stand flat anymore and it is really annoying trying her to stand.
      But apart from that I really like her posing, it's true, she's a little kicky, but I plan to hot glue suede her tomorrow, so maybe that'll help! :)

18. I have Soul-Double Lampard and I absolutely adore him : ) Some little problems with handposes, but some hot glue should do the trick : D

19. Mori, did you decide if you liked your Chloe yet, or not? I received my Chloe in October and she stood quite well, but she was so tightly strung, that it was very difficult to move and pose her at all. In fact, the string they use is SO thick, it's difficult to UNstring them! I wound up having to use a boxcutter to slice the loop of string out of some of the joints and then pull them out with pliers! The joints and connections themselves have a slightly tapered V shape to them, so the string catches and holds better (or, so I assume). The arms are also strung so tightly that I would not be able to pull her hands out to unhook them, so I'm guessing I'll need to cut the string. (x.x)

I restrung Chloe using a thinner string and used a cylindrical file to widen up some of the cavities and that helped a lot. I'm also used to the way Iplehouse and Soom string their dolls, which is different than Soul Doll! There are two separate loops of string from the head to the feet, rather than one folded into two lengths. There isn't much room in the head for a knot, nor would a knotted string fit through the hole that the S hook must go through into the head, so you have to maneuver the knotted string up into the chest/pelvic cavity so it's not in the legs. It's a bit of a challenge, but I think you'll be much happier with posing once you've restrung your dolls :D

If anyone's curious...
      Chloe's unboxing: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...l-Doll-Double-Chloe-s-belated-Unboxing-Photos

Some photos of the new 53 cm body: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...on-the-(2011)-new-Soul-Doll-Double-53-cm-body

20. Yay! I get to join the thread offically. I have a Souldoll Paolo. Not many of this lovely sculpt around the forums though. Very sad, he is so lovely.

I have him on the new double-jointed body, which I must say is <3 Tall and lanky without being skinny. Just the right broadness of the shoulders and thinness of the waistline. ^_^

I don't have many photo's yet, but here is one for you all that was taken today at a local coffee shop!

[​IMG]