1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Soul-Sweet Discussion Part 1

Feb 12, 2008

1. Dropping in to celebrate that I am getting a Nova. :celebrate

My wallet and I were perfectly fine, until I stumbled upon Souldoll's website for whatever reason, probably taking a look at clothes, and I knew I was doomed. All the other potential purchases were dropped. This was it. Instead love. :D

I almost missed out due to paying to the wrong paypal address! :doh Luckily, Souldoll contacted me on the 29th and I got it sorted out and they mailed me today, saying the order came through, (just in time!) One more payment, and he is officially mine. :dance

Now for the waiting game and the name search. Who else is getting a Nova or a Souldoll Sweet(er) for that matter?
      I only saw one other name for march on the waiting list.

And by the way, [MENTION=67158]pure_embers[/MENTION]: your picture of your Isla's look like they could be stock photos. So pretty!

2. Thank you [MENTION=65316]Shirelae[/MENTION] ! Both for the compliment, and also for alerting me to this page... i hadn't seen Nova and then i saw the photo on here <3 My girls will love him! So lucky i saw this on the last day for ordering too :)

I love the new sweeter body too... i think i will get some for the girls. I'm not so keen on their chunky limbs but the new body looks fantastic.

Congrats for everyone that has ordered recently! It's great to see more action on here. I think they're a lovely BJD.

Here is another photo of my Isla girls just for visual fun...

[​IMG]

3. So glad you were able to snatch a Nova too [MENTION=67158]pure_embers[/MENTION] . :) It will be my first Souldoll Sweet, so I don't know if I want a Sweeter body in the future. I do have two Soulkids and love them. Souldoll does such a great job on the face-ups, both default and special. I'm really looking forward to this one and have his page bookmarked. LOL.

4. Seeing your Islas [MENTION=67158]pure_embers[/MENTION] is making me glad I jumped in and ordered my Isla before it was too late. :aheartbea

[MENTION=65316]Shirelae[/MENTION] Congrats on getting a Nova! My Isla will be my first Souldoll Sweet as well.

5. Thank you [MENTION=68668]ecchibat[/MENTION] . And I congratulate you on getting an Isla. As seen in this thread, it is a great sculpt! What are your plans for Isla?

6. I'm getting a Nova! It was instalove for me, too, haha. And I think I'm keeping the sculpt name for him...it just fits so well. :aheartbea

7. [MENTION=65316]Shirelae[/MENTION] Thank you! Honestly, no plans yet! I hadn't anticipated ordering her this soon, so while I have some generalized thoughts scribbled down in my journal, I haven't really filtered through it all yet. At least I have plenty of time to prepare before she arrives. This may be a girl I let develop on her own once she gets here though.

[MENTION=68211]ashooree[/MENTION] Congrats!

8. Yay :) Lots of new dolls on order in here. I hope you all post a photo when they arrive, i'd love to see more sweet pics

Thanks @ecchibat, i'm sure you'll love your Isla. Which version did you order? I got one of each but then i wished i'd got two rabbits because her stock is lovely.

I think i'll be keeping my Nova's name too [MENTION=68211]ashooree[/MENTION] you're right it seems perfect :)

9. [MENTION=68211]ashooree[/MENTION] congrats to you too!

I'm still looking for a name for my Nova. Allthough I like his sculpt name, I prefer my dolls to be renamed, with the exception of a floating head, who I had refered to as her sculpt name for so long, thinking I would sell her, and when she got her body, the name had stuck. I still want a doll named Omega, the last bjd I'll ever buy, but I doubt Nova will be the last. :sweat

10. Thanks guys, and congrats to all of you, too! :daisy The wait is gonna be tough, ugh. Haha, I fully intended to rename him at first- I've renamed all my others- but once he became a character and I knew which 'family' he'd be part of, he'd have no other name but Nova.

Omega is an awesome name, gotta say, especially for a final doll.

11. [MENTION=67158]pure_embers[/MENTION] I had wanted Isla rabbit version, but she was already sold out, so I went with her cat version. Luckily I purchased when I did because as soon as I finished my order she was marked as sold out.

12. That was lucky [MENTION=68668]ecchibat[/MENTION] ! I like the wildcat stock too, i just wish i had 2 the same for my twins :) I found a big difference in wig quality between the two versions, but i've ended up re-wigging anyway.

A photo to prove my girls don't melt in the sun... :D
      [​IMG]

13. I love how it looks like she is trying to convince you to go with her or come closer. The arm behind her back still gives her something eerie, despite the sunlight. Awesome.

14. Thank you <3 The theme of the pic was 'take my hand' i think... about how she doesn't like to go anywhere without her sister.

15. It's a beautiful photo. Your Islas are so lovely, and I adore that they're twins! Seeing them together makes me wish I could have ordered two Islas. :whee:

16. Thank you ecchibat :) I'm so glad i got twins finally. I really love them but it does mean i have to buy 2 of their dresses! lol

17. I've got Sweet Lully, love her face, but hands look to big for me, and she is so tightly stringed. Will have to look for a new body, or mybe new hands? Does anybody have any suggestions? will appreciate the input.

18. I really love souldoll (I'm in love with soulkid) but I really never take a look at the soulsweet and now I'm trully in love with them. I think my new tiny will be a soulsweet! I really like Connie and JiEun<3
      Your dolls in the topic are georgous!

19. [MENTION=69569]Yelenakost[/MENTION]: you could unstring and restring the body, if only the tension and hands are bothering you. You could try different hands. I don't know which hands would fit. As I don't own a Soulsweet yet. As for a different body, it would also depend on what skintone your Lully is.
      [MENTION=37168]Shinku[/MENTION]: Soulkids are awesome and addicting. I'm trying very hard to keep it at the two I have. xD The Soulsweet(er) sculpts are very lovely indeed. The new Connie is very pretty, I agree.

20. Shirelae, thank you for your response, she is normal skintone, I tried IslandDoll, fits but it is lighter then Souldoll and still not my favorite.