1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Souloid discussion part 1

Sep 15, 2011

1. I has some marbling on the silver body of my Iraki, but it's only visible in certain lights, and for some reason, it looks fairly natural for a robot body! I don't notice it and when I do, it's fine. I kind of like it, actually.

2. I got my Phiel today! I'm really impressed with the updated body. The extra details are really nice, and the resculpted feet look much less clunky. He has a little marbling, but it's subtle and looks natural. He doesn't have a proper wig or pair of eyes yet. He came with 12mm, but I think the iris is a little large (and I need a different colour anyway).

3. Ahhhh! I'm getting more and more excited. Any other owner photos out there if Phiel or Lavi?!

4. Tokoz - thanks you for all the amazing pictures! I do love that gold color! So pretty. I think, for the marbling, I quite thought it really "fit" for a robot doll, and it didn't distract me at all with my Iraki. I didn't care for the super small head, and wow - making Lavi's even smaller?

I like the new lines of the female body - that pointy bit put me off before, now it looks a little more steamlined. But I can see how some might have wanted the more non-human look, outline.

5. I need some help please with head sizes. Are the souloid heads and human chest parts sized the same as soulkids. soulvito or something else?

I have both a male and a female souloid (diget and lavi) and I'm thinking about doing some head swaps, especially with the head event currently on, but I really can't work out which size would fit best.

As of now, I have 3 souldoll heads, even though I don't have any bodies other than the souloids. In order Diget (souloid male) - is bigger than Yola (vito female) - is bigger than Lavi (souloid female) but all the head circumferences are about the same - the extra size is in the head length and general scale, so comparing circumferences doesn't help me. The neck and shoulder measurements make me think the souloids are basically soul kids, but even those don't seem to match exactly.

So I'm quite confused - I wasn't expecting the vito head to fit in between the male & female souloid sizes. I definitely want the 2 souloids to look in proportion to each other, even if Diget's body is quite a bit bigger than Lavi's.

Basically, if I put soul kids heads on the souloids , will they look ridiculously small? Or if I tried vito heads would they basically not fit? And if I replaced just one head (ie kept Diget or kept Lavi) which size should I go for and would the one I kept look out of proportion with the one I replaced?

6. Tide N Thyme... yea, can't help you - since I, personally, find the Souldoll heads to be WAY TOO SMALL :( they just didn't fit with any of my other dolls and looked out of place.

I had an Iraki - and while I loved the body, the head really bothered me. A friend took him on, since his head matched very well in scale to her Batchix Lagoon.

When I ordered my Iraki from Souldoll originally - they did say that you could do the Iraki limited head (which I did like the look of - until I got him) or switch it to ANY Soulkid head. So, I think that means that they are in scale.

7. My Souloid (Phiel gold) currently has his default Phiel head in a box and he wears the Soulkid Titika head (I qualified for the free head event when I ordered) because I like it better than the Phiel head for his character. The heads appear to be utterly identical to me and I can't say as I've noticed any issues with the head swap. However, my knowledge only applies to the latest release of the Souloid/Soulkids as that's what I have.

This is Warrick (he has the default Titika face-up, which is just gorgeous):
      [​IMG]

8. I believe souloid upper body is identical to the soulkid. I'm intrigued to see you comparison of those three heads thou!

9. @Tide N Thyme
      I think i made a comparrison shot for this question a while back.

The answer is that the Souloid upper human part is 1:1 identical to the Soulkids one.

What fits: Soulkids head, Souloids heads, Vito female heads.

Souldoll has "slimmer" heads (Iraki, Diget, Titika for exampel) and they have slightly more round heads (Phiel, Amy, Elden for exampel).

I'll try to dig out the pics.

EDIT:
      Here you go:
      [​IMG]Souldoll Souloid-Soulkid by Wildcard_Snowy, auf Flickr

The left, white one is Diget (slim head type), the right, darker one was my Albee (sandy brown), who'd is more like Phiel (rounder head type).

And here's my Vito girl Calia head on a normal NL boy body:
      Souldoll Calia - ns, human - Box Opening

The rest is a matter of personal taste.
      Personally I think nearly all 6-7 heads go well either way. It depends on what kind of style you want to go for. I see nothing wrong with combining either of the three heads. In RL ppl have many different head shapes, so...

Here's a pic of my whole Souldoll crew a couple of time back:
      Souldoll-family_2015
      Except for the middle line they all have different heads and still work out. Even the more rounder sculpts of them and the more slender ones and the more square-ish ones.

#449 Snowy, Mar 2, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    10. @Snowy That's fantastically useful thankyou - especially the photo of all the dolls together.

11. Glad it was of help.
      And I really should take a pic of my current Souldoll collection XD That one is quite a while ago :p

12. I'm working on clothing for Seth, my Iraki. He's getting wings soon and I thought he deserved something new to wear.
      [​IMG]
      I feel like it needs more detail or decorations but not sure what to add...
      If you have suggestions let me know!

13. Oooh, wings will be cool! Feather or mecha? --Not sure on the suggestions for the capelet you made. It looks good, I think. Maybe you should wait to see him all together and decide if it needs more or is good as is? You could always put some sort of trim along the edge... but I don't think it needs much. I guess it depends on if you want something more busy or more plain...

14. @skyealloway Ooh... What kind of style are you going for?
      If it's steampunky, I could imagine some tiny gears? Or maybe a chain along the edge of the cape? similar to the one he's got hanging right now?

Any chance the wings are from Lut's latest Bory re-release? I could see those totally working out *0*

But seconding what april said :3

15. @Snowy you guessed it- it's the mecha wings from the Luts Bory recent release! I entered a split for the and I'm haunting the waiting room- should only be a couple weeks now :)

Uhhh I don't think I know what style I'm going for. Maybe post apocalyptic? I've always felt that was a fitting theme for a cyborg. But I'm not set on that either.

Surely he has a great story- cyborg elf with mecha wings?! I just don't know what it is :sweat

16. @skyealloway *0* YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! CONGRATS! Looking forward to see THAT combination!!!
      :sumomo:

As for apocalypthic... Dirt, rust, torn clothes? :3

17. @april and thank you too! I'm had it looks OK even plain.

I wish i had more of those gold brass studs- those two at the collar came out of a 20+ year old beadazzler and they were all I had left :(

18. @skyealloway How do those gold brass studs look like? I might have an alternate source for you to get similar.

19. Here's a closer picture of them
      [​IMG]
      They're like hollow half round studs. They had four prongs sticking out the back for piercing fabric but I opted to hammer them flat and just glued these on ;)